DrunkBombers annual divisional breakdown

DrunkBomber

Im going to list divisions one by one every few days and when the season starts, throw them in the archive so we can see how everyone did.

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers 10-6

The Steelers will win the division and be the only playoff team in it. Losing Faneca will hurt their running game, especially Mendenhall who will be primarily used to run up the middle. Fast Willie and Big Ben will put up similar numbers to last season. Wards numbers will start to slip as Holmes and Heath Miller emerge as the primary receiving threats. Limas Sweed wont make a big impact this season. Drummond will be a great pick up to help their field position. Theyre defense will be stingy as usual and if healthy Polomalu is one of the biggest defensive difference makers in the league.

Cincinnati Bengals 9-7

A relative turn around season for the Bungles. Chad will be a distraction but Houshamazoo championship will be in a contract year and playing at a higher level. Rudi Johnson is rumored to look great at camp and they still have Kenny Watson and Chris Perry. Look for them to try and even out their offense with more rushes per game. Their defense will be improved but nothing special.

Cleveland Browns 8-8

They arent a secret anymore and I predict Anderson will hit a sophomore wall. Stallworth is a nice pick up and their line will be solid again but I dont see them winning more than 8 games this year.

Baltimore Ravens 5-11

and thats being generous. If Billick had trouble controlling egos Harbaugh is in trouble. Losing Ogden is going to hurt McGahee and the passing game will hurt more. The defense will still be good but the offense will be terrible.

Browns should be the division winners, they did nothing this offseason but get better. Their D-Line is vastly improved with Shaun Rodgers and Corey Williams, and their offense has seen improvements as well. Also, their special teams unit is probably second to only the Bears.

Browns should be the division winners, they did nothing this offseason but get better. Their D-Line is vastly improved with Shaun Rodgers and Corey Williams, and their offense has seen improvements as well. Also, their special teams unit is probably second to only the Bears.

Break down all the teams, thats the point

Cincinnati Bengals 10-6

I forsee the Bengals having a pretty solid season. Carson Palmer will carry the team as will Ocho Cinco. There running game will pick up at the end of the season and they'll end up going on a 3 game winning streak to finish off the season and get into the postseason.

Pittsburgh Steelers 9-7

I predict that they get bit by the injury bug and one of there big time performers goes down for a long stretch of the season. I think they start off well and hit a wall midseason and they can't really catch up after that because the Bengals go on a winning streak.

Cleveland Browns 7-9

I'm like alot of people. I think that Derick Anderson will falter and have a sophomore slump that has Brady Quinn starting the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season. Jamal Lewis is over the hill, he won't do much at all this year and overall there team will underachieve, unlike last year.

Baltimore Ravens 4-12

These guys are going to suck hardcore all year, maybe even the worst team in football. There defense will be the only semblance of something good on their team but their offense will be much worse and it doesn't even matter who the quarterback is on that team. No one will do anything.

Cincinnati - 10 - 6

I agree with those who have posted thus far. Palmer is solid, Rudi is dependable, they have excellent WRs, and a defense good enough to compliment the offense. They should do fine and win their division but I do not think they have the defense needed to go far in the playoffs. My guess is they never make it to the Conference final.

Cleveland - 9 - 7

I disagree with the majority, I think Anderson is for real and will have another excellent year, Edwards, Stallworth, & Winslow gives him some great targets, if Lewis has problems, Jason Wright looked impressive last year. If their defense shows up at all, in the division they are in, I see no reason they are not good enough to get 9 wins.

Pittsburgh - 8 - 8

They have depth at RB, but very little depth anywhere else and a lineup that is not getting any younger and has had injury problems in the recent past. I think Pittsburgh will take a fall this year. I see them starting to rebuild next year. They have to get some depth across the board and some youth.

Baltimore - 3 - 13

See above for Pittsburgh and copy it over here but add the fact they do not have Big Ben at QB but will probably start a rookie, they do not have the depth at RB like Pittsburgh, and a defense that is really getting old and no where near what it was a few years ago. Their HC really sucks and shouldhave been canned years ago. New HC next year and a lot of rebuilding going to go on here for the next few years.