Chris Williams

Connorbear

Seems like we are snake bit. The last time we drafted an OT in the first he was injured and never returned, finally leaving with an injury settlement and later resurfacing in Dallas. Let's hope he gets back soon.

Columbo did return. He blocked the FG against the Titans I believe. He also got demolished at LT by KGB during his last game as a Bear.

Peace :dabears

I think we are getting dangerously close to him not making an impact this yr. This could be a disaster.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4946

Peace :dabears

I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet. Assuming that the Bears are being honest (although we weren't with Urlacher & R Brown last year) he's only experiencing minor back-pain. The team keeps saying he'll be back any day now, and there something like 35 days until our first game. We've got time.

I just hope like hell if he truly is injured that we beg Ruben Brown to come out of retirement. I'm not happy with Metcalf starting, and now he's hurt. I'm even less thrilled with Beekman & Oakley.

I haven't seen alot of Chris Williams, but he seems like a laid-back, nice guy. If that's the case, we should have drafted Otah as he's a nasty SOB. He may need more time than Williams and he may have less skill, but the intimidation factor on Otah's part washes out the less skill. Figure it out, CW.

I haven't seen alot of Chris Williams, but he seems like a laid-back, nice guy. If that's the case, we should have drafted Otah as he's a nasty SOB. He may need more time than Williams and he may have less skill, but the intimidation factor on Otah's part washes out the less skill. Figure it out, CW.

Otah was never considered a LOT prospect, everyone was saying he would be a ROT. We needed LOT. He is currently working at ROT after having to sit out the mini camps with an ankle injury. It is hard to say, maybe he could have moved to LOT. Just never heard anyone say they thought he could do it.

Now Branden Albert was a considered by many the guy we should have taken, saying he had all the skills needed to eventually become a starting LOT. However, if you check this out, you will find he is also out with an injury and may miss the entire remainder of training camp. Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

So I guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope Williams gets back soon.

Otah was never considered a LOT prospect, everyone was saying he would be a ROT. We needed LOT. He is currently working at ROT after having to sit out the mini camps with an ankle injury. It is hard to say, maybe he could have moved to LOT. Just never heard anyone say they thought he could do it.

Now Branden Albert was a considered by many the guy we should have taken, saying he had all the skills needed to eventually become a starting LOT. However, if you check this out, you will find he is also out with an injury and may miss the entire remainder of training camp. Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

So I guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope Williams gets back soon.

Albert always scared me. He wasn't good enough to play tackle in college but the NFL thinks he'd be great? That reminds me of when Q Mitchell was terrible at RG, but Terry Shea thought he'd be a terrific LT. What an idiot.

As for Otah, he was drafted after Gosder Cherilus whom most thought would go in the 2nd round.

Either way, 10 days into training camp is WAY to early to make declarations about a player.