Back to Fixing the OL 1st...

Mongo3451

I think the best thing we could do is Sign Lecharles Bently and put him at left guard, Move St. Clair to right tackle and bring tait back left. Instant huge improvement. For insurance sign Brown as well.

In all honesty, I am not sure Tait is a better LT at this point than St. Clair. SC has looked good (supposedly) thus far at LT. Last year, I am not sure I recall Tait being injured, but he flat out sucked at LT. I am not saying that he simply wasn't great, but that he sucked. IMHO, the only reason he didn't get more attention was because we were even worse at LG, and that gained more spotlight.

I am all for getting Brown, or maybe Bently (though I would want to know how healthy each are), but at this point, I might keep SC at LT and Tait at RT.

I agree that at this point we keep Tait at RT and at least have continuity on the right side of the Oline. I believe Tait battled an ankle injury last year missing some games and it hurt his mobility when he got back (St Clair then moved to OG). St Clair was ok at LT until he met the faster speed rushers. I watched Beekman via DVR and he did alright last night. Although he was a bit slow reading it, he picked up some stunts and blitzes effective enough to keep the players off the QB. He played a lot last night well into the fourth quarter. Barton seems to do ok in pass protection but his blocking on run plays was weak.