Why I feel sorry for Rex Grossman

nfoligno

There has been a lot of talk about problems on the OL. Who will start at LT. Who will start at LG. However it pans out, consider who will more likely be protecting Rex Grossman tomorrow night.

LT - Cody Balogh

LG - Anthony Oakley

C - Josh Beekman

RG - Tyler Reed

RT - Kirk Barton

How many starts does this group have combined? Um, would that be zero?

Wanna bet Rex is petitioning the league front office for the right to wear a red jersey in the first pre-season game.

I think he needs to petition the league to allow the use of "Stick-Um"!

But in all fairness, if that's his crew, then it will be interesting to see how he handes the pressure. Baptism by fire...

But I could swear that I heard he will get some series with the first team as well...just after Orton. Maybe I read or heard wrong.

There has been a lot of talk about problems on the OL. Who will start at LT. Who will start at LG. However it pans out, consider who will more likely be protecting Rex Grossman tomorrow night.

LT - Cody Balogh

LG - Anthony Oakley

C - Josh Beekman

RG - Tyler Reed

RT - Kirk Barton

Wanna bet Rex is petitioning the league front office for the right to wear a red jersey in the first pre-season game.

But I could swear that I heard he will get some series with the first team as well...just after Orton. Maybe I read or heard wrong.

Well, at WR and TE, I think you can easily argue there isn't a GREAT level of difference between our 1st and 2nd string. Evidence of that is how we have not even determined yet who is the 1st and 2nd string.

At RB, I believe they did say Forte will be getting more carries too.

At OL, I can see it going either way. On one hand, they are short handed and may have to play the 1st string longer. On the other hand, how much do you want to risk, this early on, your few healthy starters left?

I would not be surprised to see Tait, Garza and Kreutz come out sooner than others. Beekman will likely start at LG (IMHO) but move to center after Kreutz enters, w/ Oakley stepping in. So St. Clair and Beekman technically are starters, but could easily play longer.

Anyway I look at it though, Orton and Forte are not likely to have great protection, but Rex could find himself blocked by a sieve.

It should be interesting to say the least!

Regardless, I can't wait to see it. Do you know if the NFL channel is showing it?

Well, at WR and TE, I think you can easily argue there isn't a GREAT level of difference between our 1st and 2nd string. Evidence of that is how we have not even determined yet who is the 1st and 2nd string.

At RB, I believe they did say Forte will be getting more carries too.

At OL, I can see it going either way. On one hand, they are short handed and may have to play the 1st string longer. On the other hand, how much do you want to risk, this early on, your few healthy starters left?

I would not be surprised to see Tait, Garza and Kreutz come out sooner than others. Beekman will likely start at LG (IMHO) but move to center after Kreutz enters, w/ Oakley stepping in. So St. Clair and Beekman technically are starters, but could easily play longer.

Anyway I look at it though, Orton and Forte are not likely to have great protection, but Rex could find himself blocked by a sieve.

First and foremost, my #1 concern with Rex is: "Can he take care of the damn football!" Has he improved at this? So personally, I want to see how he handles himself.

As for pulling guys like Tait & Kreutz, at this time of year the coaching staff tends to do everything they can to protect their good veterans. So I wouldn't be surprised to see them pulled quickly. Heck, I'd include St. Clair with that group also, but I'd like to see him play some LG.

Of course next week Rex is supposed to get the start so Orton will be the one taking a beating. It all evens out. Hopefully, after next Saturday's game versus Seattle, we'll have decided on a starter.

LT - Cody Balogh

LG - Anthony Oakley

C - Josh Beekman

RG - Tyler Reed

RT - Kirk Barton

If this is the case the flip side is that it will likely not be the starting defense for the Chiefs either. It's possible that to be fair the coaching staff may retain the starting OL for both Orton and Rex. I have a feeling the WR's will rotate throughout the game as our WR corp looks like a list of backups anyway.

If this is the case the flip side is that it will likely not be the starting defense for the Chiefs either. It's possible that to be fair the coaching staff may retain the starting OL for both Orton and Rex. I have a feeling the WR's will rotate throughout the game as our WR corp looks like a list of backups anyway.

The main thing I DO NOT want to see in this game.................

INJURIES!

That would be my main concern.

I agree that that's a pretty crappy group of o-linemen, let's not get too excited here. This is Kansas City, afterall, not the second coming of the Steel Curtain. He's been practicing against the Bears' d-line(s) all summer, (even though they couldn't hit him) let's hope he picked up a thing or two. Go Rex!