Jones, Dvoracek cleared to practice

balta1701-A

Some solid news on the injury front.

While the Bears debate their options on the offensive line with rookie left tackle Chris Williams out for 10 to 12 weeks after back surgery, their running game might get a boost from the backfield. Kevin Jones has been cleared by the team's medical staff and will practice for the first time in a Bears uniform Saturday night, according to Jones.

He is coming off knee surgery in January and his return has been nothing short of remarkable given the normal recovery time for similar injuries.

The former Lion, a former first-round draft pick, said on the first day of training camp that he signed with the Bears with the idea of winning the starting running back job. Saturday night in Bourbonnais, he gets his first opportunity to start making his bid.

Jones still will be limited but will be able to participate more than he has at any point during training camp.

Additionally, the Bears defensive line will welcome back Dusty Dvoracek, who has not practiced yet this preseason while sitting out with a strained calf. If healthy, he is expected to compete with Anthony Adams for the starting defensive tackle position.

Start Jones while he's healthy - over Forte for the time being.

Huh??? Why? He hasn't even practiced, why would we start him.

That being said, this is great news!!! Especially getting Dvoracek back.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't decide to PUP Jones. This means were clearly going to be keeping 4 running-backs. I wonder if that makes it more likely for us to only keep 2 QBs.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't decide to PUP Jones. This means were clearly going to be keeping 4 running-backs. I wonder if that makes it more likely for us to only keep 2 QBs.

yeah I didnt get that either.

He was on the PUP list. The took him off. You can be removed from the PUP list any time during the preseason. Once the season starts however, if you are still on the PUP list you have to remain on it for 6 weeks minimum.

Peace :dabears

Cleared to practice isn't necessarily the same as being cleared to play in a game. The Bears don't tackle to the ground in practice. They may hold Jones back until game 3 so they can give Wolfe a better look this next game. Of course Forte will get his carries as well.

He was on the PUP list. The took him off. You can be removed from the PUP list any time during the preseason. Once the season starts however, if you are still on the PUP list you have to remain on it for 6 weeks minimum.

Peace :dabears

I was under the impression that since we've taken him off the PUP list, he is not eligible for the PUP list when the season starts. Is that correct or incorrect? Just wondering.

Sorry to be negative here. But, can Dusty stay healthy for more than 1 game? :huh:

IMO, injuries are often more random then anything else. Look how injured Rex was early on, and then he finished 2005 and didn't miss a game the entire 2006 season. Last year he was hurt towards the end, but I get the impression he could have came back much sooner, but we wanted to give Orton a shot.

I'm optimistic Dusty can keep it together.