Thoughts from a Seahawks fan

jason

One of my good friends, a Seahawks fan, was at the game this weekend. Immediately after completion he texted me four messages.

1) Seahawks D > Bears O

2) Bears D > Seahawks O

3) Seahawks scrubs > Bears scrubs

4) Please tell me that isn't your starting OL

I could care less about the first two messages, because they're the equivalent of saying "the sun is hot", and the third may or may not be true. The fourth statement, however, really troubles me. I called him later and he said that there were no holes to run through, and no pass blocking for the QBs to use. He said he didn't even see a Bears RB appear to have any impact.

While we sit around and talk about what a steal Harrison and Davis are, I sit back and think, "Man, it sure would be nice to have a solid OL instead of a third TE and a non-starting rotational DT."

Considering the fact that Idonije seems to have taken a step and Dusty has "recovered", the DT situation seems to already have a nice rotation.

Considering the fact that the Bears gave Clark a contract extension, and Olsen is obviously the TE of the future, the TE situation seems to be set as well.

...sure would be nice to have another OLineman.

One of my good friends, a Seahawks fan, was at the game this weekend. Immediately after completion he texted me four messages.

1) Seahawks D > Bears O

2) Bears D > Seahawks O

3) Seahawks scrubs > Bears scrubs

4) Please tell me that isn't your starting OL

I could care less about the first two messages, because they're the equivalent of saying "the sun is hot", and the third may or may not be true. The fourth statement, however, really troubles me. I called him later and he said that there were no holes to run through, and no pass blocking for the QBs to use. He said he didn't even see a Bears RB appear to have any impact.

While we sit around and talk about what a steal Harrison and Davis are, I sit back and think, "Man, it sure would be nice to have a solid OL instead of a third TE and a non-starting rotational DT."

Considering the fact that Idonije seems to have taken a step and Dusty has "recovered", the DT situation seems to already have a nice rotation.

Considering the fact that the Bears gave Clark a contract extension, and Olsen is obviously the TE of the future, the TE situation seems to be set as well.

...sure would be nice to have another OLineman.

Angelo should have brought in a veteran o-lineman - no doubt. I'm not sure that drafting more o-lineman this yr would have been a solution considering you needed to see if Reed, Oakley, or Beekman can step up.

Peace :dabears

the DT's were a big problem last season so I had no problem with Harrison, especially considering he was first round talent in the 3rd. Beekman looked pretty bad against Seattle but it was also just his 2nd game so hopefully he can improve as the season progresses. I do think we need to possibly draft another OL and maybe bring in a F/A in the off-season though.

Assuming health, I do think the Bears can be a successful team though. The defense looks better, especially against the run up the middle, Mike Brown is healthy atm and we all know the kind of impact he has, and Forte looks like the type of back that can carry the load. Lets not also forget Kevin Jones was pretty effective behind an even worse O-Line in Detroit.