Bears draft thoughts

ASHKUM BEAR

It's really early, but maybe since the college season starts Next Sat (Aug 28th) we can start our wish lists. My season prediction was 4-12 so that would put us with the 3rd overall pick.

1-1 Atl Michael Oher OT

1-2 Stl Michael Crabtree WR

1-3 Chi Matt Stafford QB GA Would love to see Oher here, but the Bears can't afford another season w/o a QB

----------------------------------------

2-34 Chi Herman Johnson RG LSU 2nd guard on the board, big, good run blocker

3-67 Chi Louis Vasquez LG Tex Tech Big bodied G that will be good at pass blocking and run blocking

4-99 Chi Marko Mitchell WR Nev at 6-4 200, he has good 40 speed 4.45.

5-131 Chi Rashad Johnson FS Ala 6-0 189 4.44 Another S, but with Brown/McGowan on last years of contract

5-146 TB(CHI) Brett Helms C LSU Back up possiblity for Kreutz if Beekman don't develop

6-163 Chi Dallas Reynolds OT BYU Another Oline prospect to replace Tait/St. Clair.

7-195 Chi Joe Ganz QB Neb Another QB prospect

So out of this draft we get:

2-QB:franchise prospect & a work in progress

4-OLINE prospects:2 huge guards, 1 Center, 1 RT

1-Saftey to cover if we lose Brown/McGowan to FA

1-WR-Marques Colston take 2 (marcus monk)

I admit I am very pessimistic about the season,

This is classic. I've been posting with this group for a few years now, here and on the old site. I believe almost every year, there's something like 60% of the poster here who are completely negative and pessimistic during this stage of the season. Then, when the season starts and things don't go according to their plan, meaning the Bears are actually successful, two things occur:

1.) They hide or

2.) They say "My bad, I'm eating some crow" and expect that makes it all OK.

Well let me just tell you something, it doesn't make it all OK. Dragging this site and all the members here through all your petty fears, your whining, your sissy boohoo crap, your predictions of 4 win seasons isn't all just washed away by "My bad." In the past I've let bygones be bygones because I've been excited about the performance on the field and didn't sweat the small stuff with a lot of "I told you so's." Not this year man. If the Bears win 10 or more games, I'm going to hammer some of you weak ass tools over and over again for all the shit you dragged us through before the season started.

You know who you are and you've been warned.

This is classic. I've been posting with this group for a few years now, here and on the old site. I believe almost every year, there's something like 60% of the poster here who are completely negative and pessimistic during this stage of the season. Then, when the season starts and things don't go according to their plan, meaning the Bears are actually successful, two things occur:

1.) They hide or

Well let me just tell you something, it doesn't make it all OK. Dragging this site and all the members here through all your petty fears, your whining, your sissy boohoo crap, your predictions of 4 win seasons isn't all just washed away by "My bad." In the past I've let bygones be bygones because I've been excited about the performance on the field and didn't sweat the small stuff with a lot of "I told you so's." Not this year man. If the Bears win 10 or more games, I'm going to hammer some of you weak ass tools over and over again for all the shit you dragged us through before the season started.

Hold the phone cdog. Yes, I am pessimistic, but I also have said I don't want to talk about the draft now, and I have made no win/loss predictions. Regardless of that, tough if you don't like fans who are pessimistic.

I personally see little difference in what you complain about, from others who have to sit through post after post by fans drinking kool-aid, and who give false hope.

Frankly, I think the combo of the kool-aid drinkers and the pessimists (I would actually say realists) is a key reason why the boards are great. If everyone simply talked about how great the team is, where's the fun. Admit it. You love the arguments. If this board was filled w/ nothing but fans who all felt we were going to win the SB every year, your number of posts would be minimal. How many times can you post how Orton is going to the pro bowl? It's the back and forth most fans on this board enjoy, IMHO.

Now, I personally don't care for the "Rex Sucks" posts, or the "Bears suck" posts. I don't care for posts that are negative, w/o even providing analysis or support for their beliefs. I will state an opinion, negative or not, and provide reason for that opinion, and then defend it. If I am shown to be wrong. So be it. But this would be one boring ass board if everyone was just a bunch of ra-ra cheerleaders.

The reality is, there are more than enough reasons to be negative right now. You choose to stay positive, and believe this team can be great. Fine. But w/ so many holes and question marks on offense, I think you have your head in the clouds.

You want to call me out after the season. Be my guest. But if the team is bad, get ready to be blasted for your kool-aid drinking, head in the sand, nothing is wrong philosophy.

You want to call me out after the season. Be my guest. But if the team is bad, get ready to be blasted for your kool-aid drinking, head in the sand, nothing is wrong philosophy.

First, I wasn't specifically talking to or about you. I used your quote mostly because it mentioned pessimism. There are other "We're going 0-16" types out there much worse than you. You aren't a "Bears suck!" type of guy. I just like reaming you, regardless. Nothing personal.

Second, I'm not drinking the kool-aid dude. Look at what I've said recently. There's a way to do it without being a dick, which is what I think some here are doing. I've said we could win 6 to 10 games this season, hardly a kool-aid soaked opinion.

Third, some here have had an agenda against Lovie and/or JA for years now. You and I both know that. I'm not going to name names. I know everyone here claims to be a Bears fan but it sure seems to me that those folks are hoping for a bad season to vindicate themselves. Face it, over the last three seasons, we've had our #1 QB go down and still make the playoffs, made it to the Superbowl, and then have a terribly unluck season for injuries and QB play only to see our team produce a respectible record (7-9) given the circumstances. During those years we've also done very well against our #1 rival. So, if I feel like kicking a little ass later in the year should things turn out well, as I hope they do, those pricks damn well have it coming. Putting their egos above the best interests of the team means they deserve whatever they get from me or anyone else. My point is that saying "Gosh, I know I shit all over Jerry and Lovie and dragged this team through the mud for three months but dang it, I was wrong. Golly gee willikers guys, I'm so embarrassed I'm eating some crow. I'm back on the bangwagon now. Go Bearsh!!!!" AIN'T GUNNA STOP ME FROM STOMPING THEIR GUTS OUT.

Fourth, this is the time of year to have a little hope. There isn't a team out there who will be 0-7 on opening day. Some of these douchebags here take all the joy out of being a fan! Jeez, I'm 43 years old and still a kid at heart. Some of these dudes act 89.

First, I wasn't specifically talking to or about you. I used your quote mostly because it mentioned pessimism. There are other "We're going 0-16" types out there much worse than you. You aren't a "Bears suck!" type of guy. I just like reaming you, regardless. Nothing personal.

Well, if you didn't use my quote, you could have avoided a bit of lashing out.

I agree there are some here who like to drop bombs w/o giving support for their comments. Personally, I have no problem is someone wants to throw out "Angelo Sucks" so long as they support the claim, and are prepared to back it up. Wait. I say that, so maybe it is a bad example. Okay, I don't mind if someone says, "Mike Brown Sucks", so long as they can support their claim.

Second, I'm not drinking the kool-aid dude. Look at what I've said recently. There's a way to do it without being a dick, which is what I think some here are doing. I've said we could win 6 to 10 games this season, hardly a kool-aid soaked opinion.

To throw words back at you, while you may not be a total kool-aid drinker, you know they exist.

Third, some here have had an agenda against Lovie and/or JA for years now. You and I both know that. I'm not going to name names. I know everyone here claims to be a Bears fan but it sure seems to me that those folks are hoping for a bad season to vindicate themselves. Face it, over the last three seasons, we've had our #1 QB go down and still make the playoffs, made it to the Superbowl, and then have a terribly unluck season for injuries and QB play only to see our team produce a respectible record (7-9) given the circumstances. During those years we've also done very well against our #1 rival. So, if I feel like kicking a little ass later in the year should things turn out well, as I hope they do, those pricks damn well have it coming. Putting their egos above the best interests of the team means they deserve whatever they get from me or anyone else. My point is that saying "Gosh, I know I shit all over Jerry and Lovie and dragged this team through the mud for three months but dang it, I was wrong. Golly gee willikers guys, I'm so embarrassed I'm eating some crow. I'm back on the bangwagon now. Go Bearsh!!!!" AIN'T GUNNA STOP ME FROM STOMPING THEIR GUTS OUT.

One, sure, some have an agenda, but I would like to believe they do so w/ the belief a change would be for the best of the team. I know you don't like to talk politics, and I am not getting into a political discussion, but I think a good comparison could be this. There are people who flat out dislike Bush, and trash the hell out of him. That doesn't mean they don't love their country. It simply means they feel their country is better w/ a change. to me, same thing around here. A true bear fan can trash Angelo or Lovie, but do so only because they believe the team can do better.

Now, I would say such trashing is allowed in house only. I trashed Rex often around here, but damned if I would allow some Vikqueen fan do so.

Two, I said this for myself as well, but feel free to rip away. Though I would point out how you trashed me for "I told ya so" posts. Regardless, when you stick you neck out, you should be prepared to have your head chopped off.

Fourth, this is the time of year to have a little hope. There isn't a team out there who will be 0-7 on opening day. Some of these douchebags here take all the joy out of being a fan! Jeez, I'm 43 years old and still a kid at heart. Some of these dudes act 89.

That is such a nice thought, but while anything can happen on any given Sunday, that doesn't mean this is the time for hope for everyone. There are plenty of teams who, even fans know, are just not likely to be good. I would say that even the biggest nay-sayers will "hope", but it is another thing to expect. We all argue around here, but once the wistle blows, we all cheer for our team and hope.

C'mon Cracker.

Is that kind of talk really called for?

We're a frustrated fan base...

I think you confuse opposing how your team is doing something as dis-loyalty. It isn't all or nothing. I think we all support the Bears every Sunday like no tomorrow. However, some of us are just more skeptical than others. I really don't think anyone is wishing ill on any player coach etc just to say "I told you so..." Maybe I'm a pollyanna on this. I'm sorry if you don't like the negativity or how some of us may make an apology... But we're only voicing opinons.

Contrary to your tactics, this site thankfully won't turn into the Cracker blog no matter how hard you try! ;)

1.) They hide or

My one observation is that Mark Bradley would never make a post like this. His vagina is too big. ;)

Peace :dabears

NFO does NOT like this.

I HATE talking about the draft before Halloween, much less before the start of the season. I admit I am very pessimistic about the season, but at the same time, I just can't start talking about the 2009 draft this early.

The point I was making that you'll like this is I want QB,OL,OL,WR,OL,OL. I was also on board for doing that last year too.

As for looking into the draft before Halloween, I keep up with that kind of stuff year round. I like to follow the top players to see who I'd like to see the Bears draft.