We are 14 days away from the Colts

Wesson44

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears on Sunday waived wide receivers Marcus Monk and Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors and safety Josh Gattis.

Monk, the last of 12 players the Bears selected in the 2008 NFL Draft, was a seventh-round pick (248th overall) from Arkansas. He caught one pass for 14 yards in two preseason games.

Gattis appeared in four games as a rookie with the Bears last season, registering four special teams tackles after being signed to the active roster Oct. 2.

Grice-Mullen and Majors both entered the NFL this year as undrafted free agents from Hawaii and Indiana, respectively.

The Bears roster now stands at 75, meaning that Chicago does not have to make any moves in advance of the NFL's mandatory cutdown to 75 on Tuesday. Rosters must be reduced to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears on Sunday waived wide receivers Marcus Monk and Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors and safety Josh Gattis.

Monk, the last of 12 players the Bears selected in the 2008 NFL Draft, was a seventh-round pick (248th overall) from Arkansas. He caught one pass for 14 yards in two preseason games.

Gattis appeared in four games as a rookie with the Bears last season, registering four special teams tackles after being signed to the active roster Oct. 2.

Grice-Mullen and Majors both entered the NFL this year as undrafted free agents from Hawaii and Indiana, respectively.

The Bears roster now stands at 75, meaning that Chicago does not have to make any moves in advance of the NFL's mandatory cutdown to 75 on Tuesday. Rosters must be reduced to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.

Monk might end up back on the practice squad.

Peace :dabears

Gattis looked lost in the game Thurs-nite so his departure was expected.I think the toughest cuts will come from the d-line and backup LB positions.

Agreed, there will be some defensive players cut who will be immediately sought after by other teams.

I think this could be the projected cut list:

Chester Adams

Atterbury

Baldwin

Balogh

Booker*

Bowman

Trey Brown

Clermond Gafford

Haas

La Rocque

Mines

Osborn

Peters

Poles

Polite

Pope

Rideau

Stone

Toeina

I strongly disagree on two players you have listed, Booker & Bowman. Booker will, IMO, be on the 53 man roster. Bowman is suppose to have great postential as a CB. They will try to hang on to this guy. They might try to sneak him onto the practice squad, but it also would not surprise me to see him make the 53 man roster IF he can contribute on STs.

The remainder of the list I agree with.

I strongly disagree on two players you have listed, Booker & Bowman. Booker will, IMO, be on the 53 man roster. Bowman is suppose to have great postential as a CB. They will try to hang on to this guy. They might try to sneak him onto the practice squad, but it also would not surprise me to see him make the 53 man roster IF he can contribute on STs.

The remainder of the list I agree with.

Agreed. No way we cut our ties with Marty again. Bowman was the #1 ranked CB before this past NCAAF season but he tore up his knee. I'd love to see us keep this guy, whether it's on the 53 MR or the PS. If Vasher or Tillman go down, I'd love to see what he has, given that we're out of it.

But, I also don't think we'd cut Toenia. He impressed me and alot of others last year with his play at the end of the year. If Dusty gets hurt again, we may as well cut his sorry a** and hang onto Toenia.