Manning Jr. Released

ChileBear

wow as the days pass I have less and less faith in lovie.

I was mad when they signed him to a decent sized contract and gave away a 3rd round pick for him.

I was more pissed after the Denny's incident.

Then McBride moved up to the starter in his rookie year over Manning because of injuries, now it's nice to see that POS out of town.

I was mad when they signed him to a decent sized contract and gave away a 3rd round pick for him.

I was more pissed after the Denny's incident.

Then McBride moved up to the starter in his rookie year over Manning because of injuries, now it's nice to see that POS out of town.

Not one of JA's better defensive FA pickups, eh? I agree. Damn, I thought we had something with this guy but he never lived up to his billing. If it weren't for the restaurant incident, NC may have matched and kept him.

Just read this on the Trib site.

About time!

My only thing is, I think he may well be our best nickel DB. He is not remotely even a decent starting CB, but there is a big difference in how a starting CB and nickel DB play. As solid as Graham and McBride may be at CB, I am not sure (simply based on a lack of seeing them) how good either can play nickel, and I simply do not care for DM.

I undertstand the move, but do wonder if we will look back and feel we may have cut our best nickel. He was always a great nickel in Carolina, and I think he was for the most part for us. It was when we inserted him into a starting role, due to injuries, that he simply failed.