The Giants need a DE

CrackerDog

My understanding is he has a lot of cap space...so it would depend what we'd get. I'm noc apologist though...

I'd be OK depending what we could get. Which, I don't think in all honesty would be enough.

Don't know what they have to offer back but if they've got a spare really good OT we could use, do we have enough depth at DE to cover for giving Ogun up? I'd want one hell of a player for him since they're in a difficult spot too.

Just a thought. Wonder what the cap issues would be?

My understanding is he has a lot of cap space...so it would depend what we'd get. I'm noc apologist though...

I'd be OK depending what we could get. Which, I don't think in all honesty would be enough.

In checking out an article from ESPN trying to project the 53 man roster for the Giants in 2008 it mentioned this for the OL:

Offensive Line (9) -- Diehl, Seubert, O'Hara, Snee, McKenzie, Olivea, Whimper, Reugamer, Boothe.

Bye-bye, Adam Koets. He will be the first member of the highly-acclaimed 2007 draft class to be let go. He is the only one of the eight picks from that class who had no impact last season. Watch for 350-pound undrafted free agent guard Kurt Quarterman to end up on the practice squad.

I just do not see a trade happening. They are not deep on the OL.

What about Plax? He seems unhappy... Not sure I want it to happen, but that's about the only guy that seems to make some sense.

In checking out an article from ESPN trying to project the 53 man roster for the Giants in 2008 it mentioned this for the OL:

I just do not see a trade happening. They are not deep on the OL.

Don't know what they have to offer back but if they've got a spare really good OT we could use, do we have enough depth at DE to cover for giving Ogun up? I'd want one hell of a player for him since they're in a difficult spot too.

Just a thought. Wonder what the cap issues would be?

No. Absolutely not. The Prince was by far our best DE last season. You don't mess with what's working.

Heck, Plax on this team would be Mushin Muhammed.

I say we trade them Dan Bazuin . . . he's a 2nd round draft pick so we should get one in return right :rolleyes:

No way I'd trade Ogun, we'd lose far too much from our D. I would entertain a trade of Bazuin. If we cut Bazuin then we're going Idonije as our #4 DE which is not something I'm thrilled about since I think he's been very good inside this preseason. But if the offer is right I'd take it. That would keep Toeaina on the roster. For all his positive press Toeania hasn't looked that great this offseason but as a backup he'd be ok.

Give the OLine a chance on opening week. They looked sharp for preseason game 3 (at least while Orton was out there) so maybe they're coming together.

Got a whole new line it seems with the additionals / movements we've made this past offseason with positional players.

Give the OLine a chance on opening week. They looked sharp for preseason game 3 (at least while Orton was out there) so maybe they're coming together.

Got a whole new line it seems with the additionals / movements we've made this past offseason with positional players.

Do you hear Monte Python's "Bright side of life" playing in the background as you say all that?