Not necessarily the 1st string D

Connorbear

Mike Brown, Dusty, and Tommie did not play tonight. No excuse - I'm just saying.

I know you are "just saying" but that was pathetic.

(a) Mike Brown is a player this defense should be prepared to play w/o.

(B) Dusty is not a player this defense has counted on, and while we all hope for much from him, the reality is he has done thing do date.

© harris is a stud, but is the defense so reliant on him. Also, hasn't the D been getting embarrased w/ Harris in the lineup thus far?

Mike Brown, Dusty, and Tommie did not play tonight. No excuse - I'm just saying.

I know you are "just saying" but that was pathetic.

(a) Mike Brown is a player this defense should be prepared to play w/o.

( B) Dusty is not a player this defense has counted on, and while we all hope for much from him, the reality is he has done thing do date.

© harris is a stud, but is the defense so reliant on him. Also, hasn't the D been getting embarrased w/ Harris in the lineup thus far?

No, ConnorBears remark was not pathetic, it was the truth. There were players that normally start on defense that were held out of the game. When you take out our two starting DTs and M Brown who is excellent support against the run and the opposing team runs it successfully, I am not going to get too worried. If these 3 were in the game when the running was going rampant, then I would be somewhat concerned.

No, ConnorBears remark was not pathetic, it was the truth. There were players that normally start on defense that were held out of the game. When you take out our two starting DTs and M Brown who is excellent support against the run and the opposing team runs it successfully, I am not going to get too worried. If these 3 were in the game when the running was going rampant, then I would be somewhat concerned.

Pix, I think NFO was talking about the play on defense not my remarks (that's how I took it). No issues from my side.

Peace :dabears

As I told conner, I was saying the D was pathetic, not his remarks.

I understand what you are saying, but see my previous post.

- Should we really count so much on Brown and Dusty, two players we have not been about to count on thus far?

- Harris being out hurts, but don't we still have loads of talent?

- If this were the only time I saw our D look bad, that would be one thing, but this D has been embarrased all preseason, not to mention last year.

- While we had a couple guys out, weren't we playing a bunch of backups? They had their backup QB and RB in the game, and their top receiver was out too. So we may have held back a couple starters, but so did Cle.

Sorry, but when I look at the VERY mediocre QBs and RBs that have been killing our starting D this year, I just think the excuses are less.

Agreed...

We have too many questions stemming from last year without a single answer up to this point. Can a switch just be flipped? Maybe. Possibly. If we were talking about the Pats, I'd say most definitely. Us, I'm not so sure. I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt. But, next we will have the excuse that we played a tought Colts team, then a tough Carolina team, etc... This D was elite. I just don't understand the enormous drop off even with injuries... When I can't find a distinct reason, the buck stops at the coaches.

As I told conner, I was saying the D was pathetic, not his remarks.

I understand what you are saying, but see my previous post.

- Should we really count so much on Brown and Dusty, two players we have not been about to count on thus far?

- Harris being out hurts, but don't we still have loads of talent?

- If this were the only time I saw our D look bad, that would be one thing, but this D has been embarrased all preseason, not to mention last year.

- While we had a couple guys out, weren't we playing a bunch of backups? They had their backup QB and RB in the game, and their top receiver was out too. So we may have held back a couple starters, but so did Cle.

Sorry, but when I look at the VERY mediocre QBs and RBs that have been killing our starting D this year, I just think the excuses are less.