Polite & Bazuin gone

Connorbear

not so fast , it is currently speculation..

"Quick note: The release of defensive end Dan Bazuin bodes well for defensive tackle Matt Toeaina and his chances of making the team, but that's just speculation on the part of the Inside the Bears staff. More cuts when we get the information."

not so fast , it is currently speculation..

"Quick note: The release of defensive end Dan Bazuin bodes well for defensive tackle Matt Toeaina and his chances of making the team, but that's just speculation on the part of the Inside the Bears staff. More cuts when we get the information."

Bazuin is still not 100% healthy. So, buh bye to a wasted 2nd round pick.

Bazuin is easily Angelo's worse pick since becoming GM. He took a reach of a DE in the 2nd round when the team already had Anderson, Ogunleye, & Brown and had severe needs all across the offense.

I was about to disagree, as there are 1st day picks like Roo Williams, Haynes, Tank, Benson and DM that could give Bazuin a run for his money, but then I think I realized part of what you are talking about. While those players listed didn't work out, they did fill a need. Bazuin not only didn't work out, but the reasoning for drafted the position in general can be questioned. We drafted a player high who didn't even fill a need, even though we had many. So I think I see your logic, and agree. Bazuin may not be Angelo's greatest bust, but may yet be his worst pick.

I was about to disagree, as there are 1st day picks like Roo Williams, Haynes, Tank, Benson and DM that could give Bazuin a run for his money, but then I think I realized part of what you are talking about. While those players listed didn't work out, they did fill a need. Bazuin not only didn't work out, but the reasoning for drafted the position in general can be questioned. We drafted a player high who didn't even fill a need, even though we had many. So I think I see your logic, and agree. Bazuin may not be Angelo's greatest bust, but may yet be his worst pick.

Yep. If you want to talk about major busts, you'd have to point at Cedric, Haynes, etc. They were first round picks and when you miss on those they have to be considered busts (heck, even Columbo). However, there was solid rationale behind the picks which makes me less hesitant to truly rip Angelo for such.

Of course the other luxury pick I'd have major issues with was Devin Hester as I felt it was completely assinine to take him when we did (given the other needs the club had). But it ended up turning into one hell of a pick.

Count me among those disappointed to see Polite cut. That guy is a football player that I'd have found a way to keep on the team. Heck, I thought he was a better blocker than McKie as well. Don't we get off the bus running? Then why did we decide to keep the finesse guy around?

Count me among those disappointed to see Polite cut. That guy is a football player that I'd have found a way to keep on the team. Heck, I thought he was a better blocker than McKie as well. Don't we get off the bus running? Then why did we decide to keep the finesse guy around?

I would care to say that I could be a better blocker than Mckant block.