2 more cuts

Connorbear

Two offensive linemen added to cuts

By Brad Biggson August 29, 2008 1:48 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Undrafted free agent offensive linemen Cody Balogh and Ryan Poles have been informed they will be released.

Continue reading Two offensive linemen added to cuts.

Peace :dabears

I also read Tyler Reed is gone too...

Two offensive linemen added to cuts

By Brad Biggson August 29, 2008 1:48 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Undrafted free agent offensive linemen Cody Balogh and Ryan Poles have been informed they will be released.

Continue reading Two offensive linemen added to cuts.

Peace :dabears

It is maddening to me that, with the mess we have on the Oline, JA did not bring in someone that had a snowball's chance to win a spot. And now, if we pick up some guys off waivers, they will need some time to get the system down. Very disappointing job by JA & Lovie with the Oline, among other things.

It is maddening to me that, with the mess we have on the Oline, JA did not bring in someone that had a snowball's chance to win a spot. And now, if we pick up some guys off waivers, they will need some time to get the system down. Very disappointing job by JA & Lovie with the Oline, among other things.

Agreed!

It is not over yet guys, Teams will release some quality Lineman this year, JA will look hard at it like he does every year. If someone is there, bam he is on the roster.

I hope! We are going to need some kind of depth, and what we have now ain't gonna get it done for the season.

I hope! We are going to need some kind of depth, and what we have now ain't gonna get it done for the season.

We really need to be looking at teams stacked on the OL. I bet teams will be looking to see who we cut on the DL, CB and maybe even LB. we are set w/ our starters, and a player we cut could still be a solid prospect for another team.

Similar, there are teams stacked on the OL. Those are the teams we should really be looking out for.

I would not have minded even looking at a trade. I saw where Dallas traded for an OG (I think w/ Denver) and only gave up a 2010 5th round pick. A late pick two years from now for a guy who, according to some here, could even have an opportunity to start. Some would say just wait until the player is cut, but if that happens, you have to deal w/ (a) competing w/ other teams and (B) signing bonuses.

We really need to be looking at teams stacked on the OL. I bet teams will be looking to see who we cut on the DL, CB and maybe even LB. we are set w/ our starters, and a player we cut could still be a solid prospect for another team.

Similar, there are teams stacked on the OL. Those are the teams we should really be looking out for.

I would not have minded even looking at a trade. I saw where Dallas traded for an OG (I think w/ Denver) and only gave up a 2010 5th round pick. A late pick two years from now for a guy who, according to some here, could even have an opportunity to start. Some would say just wait until the player is cut, but if that happens, you have to deal w/ (a) competing w/ other teams and (B) signing bonuses.

Agree on looking at the cuts from teams with a strong Ol. This is just a fine pickle that JA has gotten us in to. And one week before the season starts.

I was hoping that the bears would have drafted Branden Alberts but think he even start training camp hurt for KC but if we could have signed an OG like Faneca we could have helped the over quality and depth of the online thus possibly helping the QB and RB play as well?

I think the Bears need to hire an Offensive Talent Evaluating Consultant now to start scouting before next years draft?

How does this Tackle sound.. Ciron Black. He's a junior but might come out early.

"Tyler, Texas, native played a school-record 1,031 snaps and surrendered exactly one sack. He also recorded 74 knockdown blocks after logging 81 in 2006, his first year as a starter."

"Instead of simply relying on the brute strength generated by his massive 6-foot-5, 325-pound frame, he excels because he’s as in tune with the offensive game plan as anybody on the team"

"He’s out there every day working like he’s fighting for a job and that gives all the young guys somebody to watch,” Studrawa said. “Especially with the quarterbacks, they’re able to develop a calmness when they watch Ciron because they watch him and know their backside is going to be protected. They see his work ethic and that takes their minds off a lot of things they might have to worry about.”

“Physically, he is as good a tackle as there is in the SEC, but that’s not what makes him so special,” LSU offensive line coach Greg Studrawa said. “He’s a really smart player and understands exactly what to do on each play. He works extremely hard to refine his technique and has gotten better every year, but the thing that makes him so unique is that he understands what the offense is trying to do and what every player has to do on every play. That comes from a drive to be as good as he can be.”