NFC North Monday Night

DrunkBomber

Tavaris Jackson is absolutely terrible. Based on how great Minnys run game looks, he is gonna cost them big this year.

I have lost track of how many penalties the 2 teams have had called in the game so far.

Minny still sucks on Pass Defense, making Rogers look much better than he is.

I am telling you guys, from what I say I am not at all impressed by Minny. Their pass defense still sucks, J Allen was manhandled by Clifton all night, their secondary sucks. They put good heat on the QB but if they do not get to the QB they get torched.

Aaron Rogers had an excellent 1st game as a result of the soft Minny secondary. Grant broke a nice one against a very good Minny run defense. However, I am not convinced that they are that good. I think they will struggle this year.

We know Detroit sucks.

This division is now, IMO, offically up for grabs.

I am telling you guys, from what I say I am not at all impressed by Minny. Their pass defense still sucks, J Allen was manhandled by Clifton all night, their secondary sucks. They put good heat on the QB but if they do not get to the QB they get torched.

Aaron Rogers had an excellent 1st game as a result of the soft Minny secondary. Grant broke a nice one against a very good Minny run defense. However, I am not convinced that they are that good. I think they will struggle this year.

We know Detroit sucks.

This division is now, IMO, offically up for grabs.

I was never impressed by either of those teams. Green Bay certainly looked much better than Minny but the Jackson gift wrapped the game for them. Im also glad Green Bay won because weve had their number since McCarthy has been there and we havent played well against Minny the past few years.

I still think you are under-rating these two teams.

Minny

Grant broke off the one long run, but otherwise was averaging about 3.1 ypc. Grant is a very good RB, and GB has a very solid OL, so his being held as much as that does speak well of their run defense. As for the pass defense, Rogers looked very good, but (a) I think many here under-rate Rogers (B) again, he has a very good OL protecting him and © he has some excellent weapons at this disposal. Minny still has a very good DL, and while Jared Allen did little, he was facing a very good LT in Clifton. Are we so confident St. Clair is equal to the task?

Jackson looked terrible, and for a reason. He is terrible. Regardless, that is one awesome run offense, and it will be even better once McKinnie returns.

GB

Rogers is unproven, but that doesn't mean he isn't good. If it was all on him, I would not be too concerned, but he steps into a very good situation. All the other parts on that offense were in place, so he doesn't have to play at an extremely high level to play well.

GBs defense is solid as well, though I think more needs to be seen. Not sure we can assume they have a poor run defense simply because Minny ran on them, just as I am not sure we can assume they have a stout pass defense because Jackson couldn't pass on them.

Neither team is elite, but I think both are solid.

The team that really surprised me this week was Seattle. Wow did they look bad.

Dallas, Phily and NO all look to be very good this year.

I hate to say this, as I hate the team, but I think in the NFC, Dallas is the team to beat, w/ Phily as a possible 2nd team. After those two, I think it is far more open. Some good to very good teams in the mix, but no one as well rounded great.

Tavaris Jackson is absolutely terrible. Based on how great Minnys run game looks, he is gonna cost them big this year.