Season predictions?

jason

Based upon what some said, it looks like many here were down on the Bears.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2839

6-10s, 5-11s, and things like that. What's everyone thinking now that the Bears took the Colts to the woodshed?

I don't see why a 10 or 11 win season is unreasonable.

6-10s, 5-11s, and things like that. What's everyone thinking now that the Bears took the Colts to the woodshed?

I will admit, I was pretty down that week as the Bears were looking awful in every aspect. Now, I feel so much better than the 4-12 (which I stated to spark some interest) I was slating them back then. I can now improve them to 9-7. I sure hope they can be much better, but until Orton can get a better grasp behind center, the offense will be rocky. If they beat Carolina in the same fashion as Indy, I'll be on the 13 win boat.

Keeping in mind we've already notched one of those wins, it's certainly not outrageous to predict us winning 2 or 3 more games than last year's 7-9.

My one plea is that we get at least 4 games with no one (important starters) going down with season ending injuries. The thing that's killed me so much in the past, just as much as what the IR injuries meant for SB chances, is that we never got to see what our original team was made of before the lineup was changed forever. It still hurts that we don't know if last year's defensive domination at San Diego was a fluke or not. After that game, it wasn't the same team...literally.

Keeping in mind we've already notched one of those wins, it's certainly not outrageous to predict us winning 2 or 3 more games than last year's 7-9.

My one plea is that we get at least 4 games with no one (important starters) going down with season ending injuries. The thing that's killed me so much in the past, just as much as what the IR injuries meant for SB chances, is that we never got to see what our original team was made of before the lineup was changed forever. It still hurts that we don't know if last year's defensive domination at San Diego was a fluke or not. After that game, it wasn't the same team...literally.

With the win against the Colts which was one on my maybe we loose games, I still say we can go and be and 11-5 team. If we the same performance from this team the rest of the year then we will be in the playoffs for sure.

While I'm super excited about what transpired last weekend, I'm still tempering my thoughts. My initial prediction was 6-10...and then I contemplated a 4-12 after seeing what we saw in pre-season. I'm going to up my initial prediction by 1 since this was a game I thought we'd lose.

I'll say 7-9 at this time.

I'll just stick with my original prediction.

I'll answer this question indirectly.

If the O Line improves, either by FA pickups or just via having time to adjust to their current assignments and the defense stays reasonably healthy, this team wins 10 games this year. If the O Line doesn't improve or if we take massive injuries to the D, we could be in for a LOOOONG year. I think the team is well enough constructed to be a playoff contender but it'll take a little luck for it to happen.

By the way, I just want to warn some of you internet fans jumping on the bandwagon after one game, be careful... You could get whiplash. I'm sure some of you ladies predicting 12-4 this week will be saying 2-14 on Sunday if we lose.

"I'm not a football expert, I just play one on the internet." - half the members of talkbears.com