Where's the game prep?

AZ54

It's been one very quiet week on the board after all the Indy chat died down. Usually you see multiple posts about game plans or certain players needing to step up. IMO it appears nobody has a clue what to expect out of our team tomorrow although there is more excitement and optimism than before the Indy game. At least those are my feelings heading into Carolina.

I'm not expecting as much of a running game tomorrow, at least it will be a lot tougher than we had it at Indy. On offense it seems to me we need our WR and TEs to step up and make plays in the passing game. They were pretty quiet against Indy. Are we still going with WR by committee? If Carolina keeps 8 in the box as I expect them to we need to make them pay for it with some big gains. Will we see Garrett Wolfe on a few plays this week?

On defense we must shutdown their run game. Moose against either Vasher or Tillman does not worry me. Moose against anyone doesn't worry me including Danieal Manning.

It's true in every game, but this week we need to win the special teams battle and play for field position. Keep a short field for our offense and I say the Bears win by 3.

It's been one very quiet week on the board after all the Indy chat died down. Usually you see multiple posts about game plans or certain players needing to step up. IMO it appears nobody has a clue what to expect out of our team tomorrow although there is more excitement and optimism than before the Indy game. At least those are my feelings heading into Carolina.

I'm not expecting as much of a running game tomorrow, at least it will be a lot tougher than we had it at Indy. On offense it seems to me we need our WR and TEs to step up and make plays in the passing game. They were pretty quiet against Indy. Are we still going with WR by committee? If Carolina keeps 8 in the box as I expect them to we need to make them pay for it with some big gains. Will we see Garrett Wolfe on a few plays this week?

On defense we must shutdown their run game. Moose against either Vasher or Tillman does not worry me. Moose against anyone doesn't worry me including Danieal Manning.

It's true in every game, but this week we need to win the special teams battle and play for field position. Keep a short field for our offense and I say the Bears win by 3.

Game prep? Who needs game prep we are still on cloud nine drunk from all the Baers koolaid from last week!!! LOL!!!

But yes I agree with you we do need to do some things differently this week against the Panthers. We will need Forte and Jones to run outside the tackles on the edge because Carolina is pretty big up the midle. We need to use Hester/Lloyd deep against the slower Harris at saftey. Our TE will be the key in this game because I don't see either side running the ball that well. But they held LT to 98 yards, and we held him to 25 last year, so I think its just like Manning he was rusty.Forte and Jones are bigger and tougher than LT is so we might grind it out for sure.

Orton will have to play the same type of game he played last week. He will no doudt throw the ball more than he did last game so he has to make the good reads and throws. If he throws it 20-30 times we will win.

The line did well last week but we need to do even better against the Pantheers line. Peppers will be matched up against St.Clair and if we are smart we will use the Te to his side and chip block with a RB. This is a team the screens will kill them. Their LB other than Beason are that special so we have an advantage there. The Panthers secondary can be beaten if we make the right reads. Also we have Hester already giving the Panthers fits. They are going to try to kick away from him but in doing so he gets one and its to the house.

Bears 24 Panthers 17

I think this is going to be a field position field goal type of game.The key is the Bears 2 TE alignment on offense.They split Clark and Olsen wide a few times in the Indy game which tipped off whether the defense was in man or zone coverage.Expect the Bears to do more of this.When they go to this alignment look for them to utilize Davis in the slot and that will be key. Lets also keep in mind the Bears have played the Panthers quite a few times under Lovie with some success during the regular season.Orton also has a start against the Panthers with a win so he should be familiar with what they will be trying to do to him on defense.

On defense the Panthers will be without Steve Smith for the second straight game so look for them to try and pound the ball gainst the Bears with Stewart and Williams forming their one two punch.This will be a LB and Safety game for the Bears D and tackling good is a must.Even though there was a great effort at Indy,this will be a much more physical game.

Special teams will be the key with the emphasis on Maynards punting,Robbie Gould FGs and Idonije blocking kicks.I think Maynard will pin the Panthers inside the 20 a few times in the first half resulting in Gould lining up for at least 3 FGs.Idonije may get a block of a FG early in the second half that will be a momentum changer.Don't expect Hester to get any clean kicks punt or kick off and don't be surprised if D.Manning gets a key run back.

Bears 19 Panthers 14

I think it's because many of us might be a bit worried. Carolina is an inconsistent team but coming off a "W" in San Diego means something.

All I know is to be 2-0, then possibly 3-0 going into that SNF game vs Philadelphia, would be great.

Today? Bears 20-10.

This game is going to be tough. Hopefullty we can squeek it out.

The Philly game scares the crap out of me. They are playing great so far, I know it is early, but if McNabb stays healthy along with Westbrook, and their aggressive defense style, they are going to be tough to beat.