why did we get rid of chirs harris again?

butkusrules

Who's idea was it to get rid of Chris Harris? Angelo or Lovie? I know hindsight is 20/20 but seriously there was no need for this move at the time. Even at the time I was thinking this wasnt neccesary. Imagine him in our backfield now.

I know at the time we traded him there were no tears shed on the forum at Bearstalk. He had not performed for us like he is in Carolina and many of us were happy with the draft pick we received for him. Like you said, hindsight is 20/20.

Who's idea was it to get rid of Chris Harris? Angelo or Lovie? I know hindsight is 20/20 but seriously there was no need for this move at the time. Even at the time I was thinking this wasnt neccesary. Imagine him in our backfield now.

We have Kevin Payne. Problem solved.

Guest TerraTor

He got burnt plenty of times and missed plenty of tackles. But mcgowan is a total jackass and danniel manning is absolutely useless

Cuz he sucked while here, The trade turned on the Light bulb, Now he plays well.

I mean does anyone actually know this...I think the perception is only there b/c the annoucer couldn't stop talking about him and he got the fumble off Olsen (who didn't seem like he was holding the ball that tightly.

He's not that good so calm down people

I mean does anyone actually know this...I think the perception is only there b/c the annoucer couldn't stop talking about him and he got the fumble off Olsen (who didn't seem like he was holding the ball that tightly.

He's not that good so calm down people

Sorry, but harris did turnout to be a pretty solid safety for Carolina. He had nearly 100 tackles last year, and 8 FFs, which I believe put him among the league leaders. He's off to a solid start this year as well w/ 15 tackles and 2 FFs in 2 games.

Harris was not great w/ us. There were questions when he was cut as he was a pretty good veteran, and releasing him meant counting on players who had not proven themselves. He went on and became a solid player in the new system, so that makes it look worse.

We didn't get rid of him. We traded him. There was no room for him with AA here.

Looking back it was probably a bad decision but I will reserve judgement until we see Payne over the next 2 yrs.

Peace :dabears

At the time of the trade I felt it was Payne who made Harris expendable. If Payne didn't break his arm last year we might not be having this discussion. That fact seems to born out by the fact Payne is our starting SS. In only his second game he had 13 tackles which, if they update the NFL site, should put him in the same neighborhood as Harris.

What has surprised me the most about Payne is how quietly he has gone about doing his job. Nobody was up in arms about his coverage against the Colts or Panthers. His run support was solid in both games. For a guy with the arrow still pointing up this is a pretty good start to his career.