Vote For Change: Bears Need to get off the Bus......Passing!

ParkerBear7

The older I get the less I agree with being a sports traditionalist. I want exciting and cutting edge and more respect for what we can do offensively! Yes, I did love the way we pounded the rock in week one against Indy but we were able to dictate the pace and control the line of scrimmage. Week 2 has shown that right now if we do not control the line of scrimamge for 60 minutes we can not adjust to compete in a shoot out ala teams like the Broncos, Dallas, Philly, and Greenbay!

In Baseball I think both leagues should have a DH casue I can't stand watching the pitcher bat. Pitching and def are very important in baseball as is running the ball and keeping the opponent out of the endzone in NFL. But when it is skewed to far one way or another than you have a tough time being a legitamte contender in the NFL ala Chicago (Run / Def Oriented / Pass deficient) or Detroit (Pass Heavy/ No Run/ No Def) which usually spells doom worst case and best case one and done in playoffs! When the deficiencies are so apparent and you can not adapt it is a matter of time unitl an opponent can competely dominate and take away a strength (running the ball) and forcing a team to win by showcasing a weakness (passes beyond 15yds) - good luck!

After watching the dynamic offensive performance of Dallas and Philly tonight we need to stand up to the good old boys at Hallas Hall who get of the bus running. I say NO to running the bus to nowhere and get the offense playcalling back on the side of the people (fans) and vote for REFORM in Halas Hall!

In my opinion teams like Phi and Dal have the right approach to putting a team together! They have a much better balance and thus more versatile when facing an oppenent becasue they can run, have above average def and can pass to score points when the game dictates needing to do so.

If you were in charge of REFORMING the beloved tell me what type of system and personel you would go with and why!

Offense: I really like how the Broncos are put together offensively. I really like how Cutler is developing and love his young weapons and schemes around him but there Def is atrocius. Other Considerations NE with Brady, Dallas and Green Bay.

Defense: I like Chicago (the more agreesive version not so much a big fan of cov 2); Philliy; Jacksonville and Steelers. Like fast LB and hardhitting ballhawking S and DB's , DL that can get sacks and stops for losses. Dislike bend but don't break D! Like 3 and out "D" best!

ST -- Bears (Hester) nuf said.

Coaching: Men who have a solid game plan but willing to make adjustment to win! -- Belichik style -- Chi not so much.

Fun question...

My favorite offense to watch was the “Greatest Show on Turf”. Mike Martz took the world by storm and labeled a genius. Then, Marshal Faulk got old and Mike Martz lost his MENSA card.

The longest lasting great modern offense was under Bill Walsh. He too was labeled a genius. Football genius, I agree. It’s odd though, this offense has not been great since Steve Young retired.

Currently, I love the Colts offense. When healthy, it is as foolproof as any. Of course, Peyton Manning will make anyone better. The thing I like about that offense, is that it is so fundamentally sound. Their unique wrinkle is that the coordinator sends in a concept code, then the play is not called until the last seconds. Brilliant! Two QB’s in the NFL have the smarts to pulls that off. (Manning/Brady)

Lastly, the type of offense I would truly love to see is the Norv Turner (triplets) offense. I just loved that offense, because they could do whatever they wanted to you. Get a tough yard, no problem because they had the most powerful OL I’d ever seen. Control the clock, no problem because they had that OL and a downhill runner that was solid every game. Third and long, no problem because their big receiver would murder a DB fighting for the ball. Play action, no problem as our TE is athletic and just released to the seam. Go deep, got that too. The reason I loved that offense is because it dictated to the defense at will. It also reminded me of the 83-87 Bears teams minus the strong QB.

All great offenses start up front, then you find your franchise QB. Unfortunately, we are still short on the thought process, as JA and Lovie think otherwise. Our current O is a hold the fort type of offense. It’s good to only a slight degree.

I'd love to see the spread offense work in the NFL similar to what Illinois does or perhaps go more passing oriented like Missouri. That offense is fun to watch. But then again, every one is on a new and improved level when you go from college to the pros. If you have the right athletes I'm sure something like this would work.

Its funny you guys are talking about all these offenses, but the common factor for all offenses is the people to run it. We dont have a Marshall Faulk or Peyton Manning.

And looking at the Eagles and Cowboys, we dont have a guy as good as Tony Romo, McNabb, TO, or Brian Westbrook.

Shoot, Turner offense was explosive last time he was here with Kramer and Conway.

For the Bears to be a passing team, they actually need a QB that can throw it more than 5 yards. :rolleyes:

They need WR that can catch the ball.

They need an OLine to be compared to others. Mentioning Broncos, who have the best OLine, how can you compare the two? Same with New England, who are just overpowered, and Green Bay who has elite WR's.

I mean come on... you're acting like you're 15 blaming all this on Orton. Let's see you go out there and get rushed by 5 250+ lb guys every down with no blockers. I'll be damned if you get a 20 yard pass off.

That was then, this is now. Gibbs was pretty awesome with the Skins before he came back for a second helping.

Its funny you guys are talking about all these offenses, but the common factor for all offenses is the people to run it. We dont have a Marshall Faulk or Peyton Manning.

And looking at the Eagles and Cowboys, we dont have a guy as good as Tony Romo, McNabb, TO, or Brian Westbrook.

Shoot, Turner offense was explosive last time he was here with Kramer and Conway.