Benson to Lions?

CrackerDog

Not surprising at all to me. How many top 10 picks don't get a 2nd chance, and a 3rd. Freaking Cade was signed by (I think) two teams after his release in Chicago.

The only thing that surprises me is Alexander still has not been signed. I thought, of the two, Alexander would be the first to sign w/ someone.

I don't have confirmation of this but a fantasy site is reporting it to me via email.

Doesn't shock me. This guy showed some flashes. He has had serious attitude problems but its quite possible this time away from football could get his head on straight. Obviously its doubtful, but for a team like the Lions I don't see a problem taking a chance. Of course, you just have to make sure that he doesn't interfere with Kevin Smith, whom they think pretty highly of.

On a sidenote, my manager at work is the brother and law of Marinelli and it turns out Marinelli was offered Millen's job during the prior off-season (not this off-season but the 07 off-season) but turned it down.