Why not trade Olsen and Anderson?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Look, I'm not just doing this because of our 2nd straight loss, but even before the year I've been thinking about it.

1. I haven't ever been too fond of Olsen. I've always thought he was soft, and we never use him hardly except for little out patterns and all that crap. We have Davis who impressed me in the preseason and I think we could use him more efficiently and effectively. Plus, his 2 fumbles week 2 didn't help put my argument to rest. I'm sure we could get a 1st round pick for this guy.

2. Mark Anderson had an unreal rookie year with like 14 sacks. Ever since, he has like 4. I'm tired of watching this guy attempt to play the run and get to the QB. He has so much potential and I bet we could get a 1st OR 2nd round pick for this guy.

If we end of winning 4-6 games, I think trading these guys might help us rebuild. We could have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nds, and 3 3rds if we get compensation for Berrian. Trade the lower 1st rounder to get another 2nd and 3rd, and with the higher 1st, get a QB. I'm just so sick of having to debate who the better sh*tty QB is. We could then go OG/OT/WR in the 2nd, and S/C/OG in the 3rd.

3 weeks in and you want to trade Olsen?

Newsflash bud: Kellen Davis is nothing special.

This is what Olsen's 2nd season in the NFL?

Nevermind, you're the same person that calls people idiots if we don't like poor Kyle Orton.

This thread= FAIL.

Look, I'm not just doing this because of our 2nd straight loss, but even before the year I've been thinking about it.

1. I haven't ever been too fond of Olsen. I've always thought he was soft, and we never use him hardly except for little out patterns and all that crap. We have Davis who impressed me in the preseason and I think we could use him more efficiently and effectively. Plus, his 2 fumbles week 2 didn't help put my argument to rest. I'm sure we could get a 1st round pick for this guy.

2. Mark Anderson had an unreal rookie year with like 14 sacks. Ever since, he has like 4. I'm tired of watching this guy attempt to play the run and get to the QB. He has so much potential and I bet we could get a 1st OR 2nd round pick for this guy.

If we end of winning 4-6 games, I think trading these guys might help us rebuild. We could have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nds, and 3 3rds if we get compensation for Berrian. Trade the lower 1st rounder to get another 2nd and 3rd, and with the higher 1st, get a QB. I'm just so sick of having to debate who the better sh*tty QB is. We could then go OG/OT/WR in the 2nd, and S/C/OG in the 3rd.

For what? This aint fantasy football bro.

We are not getting a first day pick for either of these guys.

Unfortunately in the NFL its pretty difficult to trade players for high draft picks. However, if a team out there had a QB with high upside that we felt would be a long time starter and such team had needs at TE/DE I would gladly make the deal. I don't think that deal is out there though.

I would also deal Olsen in a heart-beat for a legit WR. Again, I don't think that trade is out there.

For what? This aint fantasy football bro.

We are not getting a first day pick for either of these guys.

Are you serious? We never have used TEs, except Ditka, for what they succeed greatly at. We may as well trade him, and he is a horrendous blocker, too. Some team, like New England, could use a TE that is a special player when you use him correctly.

3 weeks in and you want to trade Olsen?

Newsflash bud: Kellen Davis is nothing special.

This is what Olsen's 2nd season in the NFL?

Nevermind, you're the same person that calls people idiots if we don't like poor Kyle Orton.

This thread= FAIL.

Yeah, and what has he done that's impressed you in 2 years?

Well no, you're not an idiot if you don't like him. But you're an idiot if you think Grossman is the answer. So yeah, you are an idiot.

Are you serious? We never have used TEs, except Ditka, for what they succeed greatly at. We may as well trade him, and he is a horrendous blocker, too. Some team, like New England, could use a TE that is a special player when you use him correctly.

Jeremy Shockey is 3 times the player Olsen is and he didn't garner a 1st round pick. You could maybe get 3rd round picks for either player. 1st rounders, absolutely not. 2nd rounders, highly unlikely.

Are you serious?

Let me lay it out for you,

we are not getting first rounders for both Olsen AND Anderson.

Quit playing Madden. This is the real world.

I haven't given up on either of them. Both Olsen and Mark Anderson have alot of promise. Olsen is struggling right now, he'll fight through it. He's too good of an athlete not too. Same goes for Anderson. Right now, Alex Brown is tearing it up out there but its always good to have a couple really good DE's on your team to carry you through the playoffs (See the New York Giants of last year). We are one really good Quarterback from being a superbowl winner! Kyle I don't think becomes that guy so your basically going to have to get more big plays outta your wide receivers and tight ends for us to be contenders. The offensive line has been very average this season, some good, some bad. Hopefully when Chris Williams gets back in week 8 or whatever he'll help a little bit. Who knows, it's a long season!

A first round pick for an unproven TE? In the meantime people like T.O. and Edgerrin James get traded for 2nd round picks at their prime.

A first round pick for an unproven TE? In the meantime people like T.O. and Edgerrin James get traded for 2nd round picks at their prime.

Agreed, we would never receive a 1st rounder for either Olsen or Anderson. We would not get a 1st for both together. If they both begin to prove their worth (by start showing the "potential" most posters think they have) then maybe down the line.

Aren't you the one screaming to use KJ more?

KJ looked stellar in preseason, and fans feel he should get more looks. How is that so different from your wanting KJ to see more action, but the staff letting him sit?

Damn, Kellen Davis is so good that he still hasn't produced anything.

KJ is a backup to Forte and should be carrying the ball at least 15 times a game.

Nah, lets wear Forte's ass out by giving him every carry.

Kellen Davis is a #3 TE. BrianBear is slobbering all over this guy like he's the next Tony Gonzalez.

If he was so damn good he'd be on the field.

KJ is a backup to Forte and should be carrying the ball at least 15 times a game.

Kellen Davis is a #3 TE. BrianBear is slobbering all over this guy like he's the next Tony Gonzalez.

I could see maybe 10 reps per game to KJ. No more unless Forte needs more rest do to injury.

I do think Kellen Davis showed enough in preseason to get a few looks per game. Nothing more, but at least a few to see how he progresses.

Point is, I think it inconsistent to question the staff for not giving more reps to KJ, while questioning a fan for feeling the same about another player.

Davis may be our best blocking TE. He is also our biggest (6'7) and had probably the best hands in camp. I don't think anyone is saying he should start, but only that he should be getting into the action.

Do you not agree he would be a greater asset in the red zone than 5'9 Rashied Davis, or our other 6' and under WRs?

Yeah, well, you're the one who talks about how good Olsen is, and yet, he hasn't shown me anything yet.

Davis has been in the league for 3 games now with no playing time- how do you know how good (or not good, in your case) he is?