My take

CrackerDog

Frustrating.

For the second week in a row we've turned victory into defeat. This one was worse because you can't pin it specifically on one guy fumbling away his only two catches. This game came down to a few things:

* Bad play calling and/or execution. We can't seem to gain those few yards we need on third down to extend our offensive series. Leaving just enough time on the clock for Griese to lead them down for the tying score.

* Bad luck. There were a few opportunities we had on tipped balls where we were inches from making yet another pick. Either of these could've ended it right there, on the spot.

* Stupidity combined with poor officiating. OK, Peanut hosed up. Sure. He's a moron on that one. You CAN'T let that happen. But someone please explain to me how this is any different than what happened last week to the Chargers. There were CLEARLY offsetting penalties on this play but they only called the Bears. Fine, Peanut deserves to get his ass kicked but damn if some official shouldn't be "graded down" on this too. How do you miss a guy punching another guy in the exact center of the field of play?

* Defense running on empty. I'm not sure if NFO's complaint that the Bears have a country club training camp is more convincing to me now. But damn if they didn't run out of steam two weeks in a row. I wonder about conditioning if they can't play a full game. Having Griese pass at will at the end of the contest was insulting.

* Orton stepped up in the second half or I'd be calling for his head. As is, I think he played well and he isn't the one to place blame on.

Oh well, 1 game out of first with 3 games down. Unfortunately, unless McNabb is hurt, we're going to get hammered this weekend.

Orton played "well". He threw two big INT's.

I don't call that well. He deserves alot of the blame.

but he threw for over 150 yards....wasn't that what you were asking for?

your telling me if Grossman threw this game and came up with the same stat line you wouldn't be defending him to the death?

his Pick Six was Grossman like...

Cracker, I think your comments are pretty much spot on.

Frustrating indeed.

Frustrating.

For the second week in a row we've turned victory into defeat. This one was worse because you can't pin it specifically on one guy fumbling away his only two catches. This game came down to a few things:

* Bad play calling and/or execution. We can't seem to gain those few yards we need on third down to extend our offensive series. Leaving just enough time on the clock for Griese to lead them down for the tying score.

* Bad luck. There were a few opportunities we had on tipped balls where we were inches from making yet another pick. Either of these could've ended it right there, on the spot.

* Stupidity combined with poor officiating. OK, Peanut hosed up. Sure. He's a moron on that one. You CAN'T let that happen. But someone please explain to me how this is any different than what happened last week to the Chargers. There were CLEARLY offsetting penalties on this play but they only called the Bears. Fine, Peanut deserves to get his ass kicked but damn if some official shouldn't be "graded down" on this too. How do you miss a guy punching another guy in the exact center of the field of play?

* Defense running on empty. I'm not sure if NFO's complaint that the Bears have a country club training camp is more convincing to me now. But damn if they didn't run out of steam two weeks in a row. I wonder about conditioning if they can't play a full game. Having Griese pass at will at the end of the contest was insulting.

* Orton stepped up in the second half or I'd be calling for his head. As is, I think he played well and he isn't the one to place blame on.

Oh well, 1 game out of first with 3 games down. Unfortunately, unless McNabb is hurt, we're going to get hammered this weekend.

My assessment is this:

On offense: They did enough to win this game. Our time of possession was obscene at one point. Like when we had a 10 point lead. Side note: Forte is a young horse, but at this rate they are going to run his dick into the dirt by mid season.

On defense: We got NO push from our DL in the 2nd half. My thought is that we need to put Tommie on the shelf for a game or two. I’d rather have stud Harris than average Harris any day. They need to rotate more subs in the DL. The isolation play with Hunter on Stevens was idiotic. Not in a million years do you leave him on an island with him. The Tillman play cost us the game, period. (I admire the fight in him, but that was ball game!)

Special Teams: D manning came up big, countered by AP’s crucial (and unnecessary) penalty. That was also huge as it was about a 30 yard swing in field position. Chance to be a hero (Gould) at 49 yards it’s a 50/50 for him. We win if he hits.

All in all, back to back choke jobs make me want to vomit.

:puke :puke

Too funny!

But, yeah, his 2nd half of play made up for his first half of poor play.

Gotta laugh. I mean, you guys know I defended Rex when he was "the guy" but he didn't win the job this summer. He just didn't. And Kyle, while no stud, hasn't lost us a game yet. He hasn't won us one either but I'm not sure Rex ever did that. The choice has been made. Let's live with it until Kyle proves he can't do the job. This one, while Kyle shares some of the blame, can't really be hung on him. Neither can last week. He did the job we needed to be done to be 3-0 right now. With Rex, maybe we're 3-0 and maybe we're 0-3. That's the PROBLEM. Hell, Indy might have rushed him into 5 brainfart picks for all I know.

So, let's focus on the real reasons for the loss and not always pick on the QB. I basically said the same thing when I was defending Rex. But Rex became somewhat indefensible after a while. He didn't grow, he continued to spiral.

My post here, adding the couple of intelligent responses above, zero's in on what went wrong. If we can fix those things, we can win a few football games. Although, I'm concerned our guys on D are just getting old and can't make it a full 60 minutes anymore. And that's scary.

Would you buy into that Orton did not lose those games, but he did not win them?

Kind of what what expected of him...

Honestly, did anyone really think our D would turn into a house of cards at the end of games this early in the season with a healthy Mike Brown? I suredidn't see that coming... I thought they'd play their hearts out despite the idiocy from Babich.

Turner is not the one throwing crappy passes and picks. Turner is not the one changing plays at the LOS.

Although, Kyle is not the sole problem with these two losses, he absolutely deserves part of the blame.

Would you buy into that Orton did not lose those games, but he did not win them?

Kind of what what expected of him...

Honestly, did anyone really think our D would turn into a house of cards at the end of games this early in the season with a healthy Mike Brown? I suredidn't see that coming... I thought they'd play their hearts out despite the idiocy from Babich.

Well I think that the defense is the major disappointment this year.

Now, people in the media are starting to call them out.

I dont understand the Turner hate. The offense has been better than expected.

And although I still think the accuracy needs to be addressed. I am encouraged by the second half.

Agreed...

Thanks for the link...good read.

I think Turner did better...but overall, I'm just not pleased.

And although I still think the accuracy needs to be addressed. I am encouraged by the second half.

I agree with these comments. I'd add that despite Hester being hurt, the ST's have been very good.