How much are we paying Booker?

CubbiesFan07

Anyone know?

This is a REAL rough estimate, but if I remember correctly it was something like 2 years for 3 million. I was surprised we got him so cheap.

He's a veteran, and I saw him in training camp, and the guy works his ass off and runs precise routes.

I'm glad we have him on the roster.

This is a REAL rough estimate, but if I remember correctly it was something like 2 years for 3 million. I was surprised we got him so cheap.

He's a veteran, and I saw him in training camp, and the guy works his ass off and runs precise routes.

I'm glad we have him on the roster.

I'm sure he is going to start getting more reps now. I believe Davis played all but 5 offensive snaps the last game with Book getting just 25. One thing I know for sure is he would have made that catch.

Peace :dabears

Booker was signed for insurance as much as anything. When we signed him, everyone of our WRs were a huge question mark. Frankly, we didn't know if we had a legit WR on the roster.

Lloyd was signed, but was a bust in Wash and wasn't even a lock to make the roster.

Davis was a "nice" WR, but it was unknown at how high of a level he could take his game.

Hester was moved to WR, but a total unknown at the position.

Bradley was declared the #1 WR, but injury and experience red flags, and again, an unknown.

Booker was believed to be a more known commodity, and brought in as insurance. Lloyd has stepped up, but no one else. I think we are going to begin to see more of Booker. How well he plays will decide whether he is w/ us beyond this year.

Were going to see more Booker. He is more reliable than Rashied Davis. Lloyd will and should be deemed the #1 WR on this team making Booker #2 or #3. I'd like to see Rideau be called up to the 53 now, who knows if that'll ever happen. He would be a great redzone target and I think he can be a game breaking receiver, similar to a Plaxico Burress..

Booker was signed for insurance as much as anything. When we signed him, everyone of our WRs were a huge question mark. Frankly, we didn't know if we had a legit WR on the roster.

And even after all the signings we still didn't know if we had a legitimate WR on the roster and currently you could make a case that we have "1" solid WR on the roster (Lloyd). Thank you Jerry Angelo, all because we didn't offer Berrian the franchise. Never has this franchise made a more assinine move than letting BB become an unrestrictred FA. This team's WR depth is absolutely atrocious and it put the offense in a position where all it could possibly do was fail.

The fact that this team was actually spewing BS about Bradley being a #1 and just 3 games into the season he's already released should really show you just how little this squad has at the WR position. We have Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis (arena leaguer for a reason), Marty Booker (he can just retire), and Devin Hester (aka, dumb as rox). All I can say is its time to play Bennett a lot more since he actually has a future (unlike anyone on our WR Corps not named Lloyd and Hester (his contract guarantees he has a future in Chicago).

And even after all the signings we still didn't know if we had a legitimate WR on the roster and currently you could make a case that we have "1" solid WR on the roster (Lloyd). Thank you Jerry Angelo, all because we didn't offer Berrian the franchise. Never has this franchise made a more assinine move than letting BB become an unrestrictred FA. This team's WR depth is absolutely atrocious and it put the offense in a position where all it could possibly do was fail.

We simply disagree on Berrian. I simply never thought he was great, and not worth the money Minny gave him. You talk about how little we know about the WR position, but it isn't like Minny has a great track record.

The fact that this team was actually spewing BS about Bradley being a #1 and just 3 games into the season he's already released should really show you just how little this squad has at the WR position. We have Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis (arena leaguer for a reason), Marty Booker (he can just retire), and Devin Hester (aka, dumb as rox). All I can say is its time to play Bennett a lot more since he actually has a future (unlike anyone on our WR Corps not named Lloyd and Hester (his contract guarantees he has a future in Chicago).

Agreed that our handling of Bradley was a joke. I am not as down on Davis as you. I don't think he should be starting, but I do think he has proven to be a quality NFL WR. He simply should be a #3 or #4, not a #1 or #2. Booker? We will know soon enough, as I think we are going to see a lot more of him.

You want to see more of Bennett. I have no problem w/ that, but at the same time, I think Bennett has to prove himself to earn time. I would get him more snaps to provide him an opportunity to do just that, but I would not force feed him into the offense simply because he has more of a future w/ the team. That would be a huge dis-service to Orton and the rest of the offense, and would show we have learned nothing from the Bradley mistake.

Too much. The guy is terrible.

Yeah, when Booker has gotten open Orton overthrows him by about 10 yards.

He's just terrible. Booker wasn't going to put up Pro Bowl numbers.

It doesn't help when you have a QB that can't throw more than 5-10 yards passing.

Yeah, when Booker has gotten open Orton overthrows him by about 10 yards.

He's just terrible. Booker wasn't going to put up Pro Bowl numbers.

It doesn't help when you have a QB that can't throw more than 5-10 yards passing.

You live, sleep, breathe, and suck on Grossman all day.

I'm not the biggest fan of Orton, but I believe that we have a better chance with him than Grossman.

To stay on topic though:

Least Orton underthrows Booker, Grossman would throw a pick by overthrowing it. HELLO SAFTEY! NICE CATCH!

Wow. Gonna really disagree on this one. I believe that we would have never signed Lloyd if we had kept Berrian. Lloyd has shown to me in the last 2 games that he is better receiver than Berrian. He has gone up and taken the ball away from the defender something I never saw Berrian do. Further, Lloyd is costing us 450k where BB would have cost us more than 7 million.

Rashied Davis is a converted cornerback. He's probably never going to be Mr. Hands but maybe he'll keep improving. I'm not confident in our coaches' ability to evaluate talent at the WR position. So I want to see receivers given a chance to show it or blow it on the field. Booker's not all banged up nor is he over the hill quite yet (he's a little younger than Moose was when we got him). I'd like to see if he can still get open but first Turner has to call his number once in a while.

Wow. Gonna really disagree on this one. I believe that we would have never signed Lloyd if we had kept Berrian. Lloyd has shown to me in the last 2 games that he is better receiver than Berrian. He has gone up and taken the ball away from the defender something I never saw Berrian do. Further, Lloyd is costing us 450k where BB would have cost us more than 7 million.

Lloyd doesn't like contact. Not saying Berrian did, but notice how he can never stay on his feet or goes out of bounds on most of his catches. He's a hell of an athlete but I can't come out and say Lloyd is a better receiver than B-Twice yet; it's been 3 games.