Gamelog shows another story

GrizzlyBear

Ok I have read all the things I can here, From the extreme of one side saying it Orton, to another saying its Turner.

The funny thing is we dominated every quarter on time possession and percentage of total net yards.

We out played TB in almost every aspect of the game. With exception of the number passes. But our average of net yards per pass was greater then TB. Offensively The Bears are on track as wierd as it may seem, at least by the stats. Defensively its another story. Babich maybe the culprit or maybe Lovie wanting him to run it it a certain way. But either way you look at it, it smells pretty bad.

Holding TB to 47 total rushing yards say the D line was preforming in that aspect. But pressure on the QB was non existant and tight coverage on reacievers was abscent as well. All the passes that greise got were fast hit slants all day long. Not one break on the ball to shut it down, no jamming at the line. Could it be the play of our CB's? I doubt it. They have proven to be good solid CB in the past. Both are healthy. To me it has to be the scheme. Its the only thing that makes any sense for a talented team as the Bears to play so lousy and out of sink. Its almost like watching a new system installed. Url has been not himself. Harris has been not himself. The CB's are playing like they are extra cautious. It would have to be coaching.

Link to gamelog

Take a look at the Game log and see if you come up with the samething as I did.

No matter what I look at, I seem to just feel sick to my stomach...

Ok I have read all the things I can here, From the extreme of one side saying it Orton, to another saying its Turner.

The funny thing is we dominated every quarter on time possession and percentage of total net yards.

We out played TB in almost every aspect of the game. With exception of the number passes. But our average of net yards per pass was greater then TB. Offensively The Bears are on track as wierd as it may seem, at least by the stats. Defensively its another story. Babich maybe the culprit or maybe Lovie wanting him to run it it a certain way. But either way you look at it, it smells pretty bad.

Holding TB to 47 total rushing yards say the D line was preforming in that aspect. But pressure on the QB was non existant and tight coverage on reacievers was abscent as well. All the passes that greise got were fast hit slants all day long. Not one break on the ball to shut it down, no jamming at the line. Could it be the play of our CB's? I doubt it. They have proven to be good solid CB in the past. Both are healthy. To me it has to be the scheme. Its the only thing that makes any sense for a talented team as the Bears to play so lousy and out of sink. Its almost like watching a new system installed. Url has been not himself. Harris has been not himself. The CB's are playing like they are extra cautious. It would have to be coaching.

Link to gamelog

Guest TerraTor
I understand completely, The sickness is contagious. So please keep your distance. But the over all of it rather eye opening. The d line was excetional in stopping the run. Saying that it seems like our DB's is the major problem. Is it scheme or is it Lack of talent?

never blitzing brian griese doesnt help... look what we did to Carolina and Indy...

Ha!

Yep...some of the numbers look good. Some look bad. It's the "L" that hurts...

I think it's more than scheme and talent. It's also motivation and conditioning.

Our team lacks motivation (stupid penalties, drops, etc.) , lacks conditioning (just read about TB's reaction to us after the game), lacks good schemes (on D as nfo has spelled out at length, and on O where Turner seems to call at least on bone-head series per game), and talent (Davis' drops, Orton's inaccuracy, no sacks, etc...)

It's a molotov cocktail of bad... Seems like it could be something that could turn around. But, I fear it won't and history (last year in particular) will repeat itself. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

I understand completely, The sickness is contagious. So please keep your distance. But the over all of it rather eye opening. The d line was excetional in stopping the run. Saying that it seems like our DB's is the major problem. Is it scheme or is it Lack of talent?

Ha!

Yep...some of the numbers look good. Some look bad. It's the "L" that hurts...

I think it's more than scheme and talent. It's also motivation and conditioning.

Our team lacks motivation (stupid penalties, drops, etc.) , lacks conditioning (just read about TB's reaction to us after the game), lacks good schemes (on D as nfo has spelled out at length, and on O where Turner seems to call at least on bone-head series per game), and talent (Davis' drops, Orton's inaccuracy, no sacks, etc...)

It's a molotov cocktail of bad... Seems like it could be something that could turn around. But, I fear it won't and history (last year in particular) will repeat itself. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Been looking for the TB reactions , Where you seeing that?

Link to gamelog

There's a saying about stats that equates them with lies. I'd say that in this case, that idea is true.

The offense had ten yards or less on a ton of possessions, and when that happens it's just not good enough. The T.O.P. battle is a two way street. You have to look at how long the offense "kept it", and how quickly the defense "gave it back to them".

I called out the entire coaching staff, and I feel it was warranted. Both need to step up, but the offense has sucked for quite some time.