In LA? Check out the Lithuanian Fair!

madlithuanian

Good deal!

Lithuanian food is pretty much similar to Polish...very Eastern European. There's sausage, potato pancakes, cipilini (meat filled boied potato), kugelis (kind of a potato pudding...grated potatoes and eggs baked together), koldunai (meat dumpings like small perogi or wontons), blynai (like a crepe), grain bread...cookies. Also, the beer is quite good! There is a small beer garden there that's usually hopping with a younger crowd.

It's right by the Griffith Observatory.

Where in the LA area are you? I'm in Torrance.

I don't know why it took me so long, but I didn't realize we were both from SoCal. What type of food or specialities are considered lithuanian? I might just have to check this out.

I've heard and seen that! On a trip to Dublin many moons ago, I ran into an artist on the streets that was from Lithuania. We shared a few pints at the pub and talked about his experiences.

As much as I've experienced, us Lithuanians like our drink as much as many Irish! (My Dublin freinds have even allowed me on their "Irish Drinking Team" since they figured I'd had so much GUinness, it's in my blood!)

Load of Lithuanian immigrents here. I worked with some when I was in the bakery.

Ah yes! I now see it on your info line!

And it's nearby a lot of other cool things in Los Feliz/Silverlake...so plenty of activity after (The Lodge/Red Lion Tavern,etc...)

I'm down South in Orange County (Irvine) but I have quite a few friends in LA that we tend to vary who heads where so I'm thinking this could be a cool thing to head up to them for. That food sounds pretty tasty and would definitely be different than the types of food we have.

I've been! I generally agree!

If you've not been to the Red Lion Tavern, I'd definitley check it out! It's on Glendale Blvd and is an authentic German restaurant/beer garden. They used to serve in glass boots that you'd share at a table, but I htink too may drunks broke 'em. Good fun, but you've got to get in eary to get a seat in the garden.

There are a ton of little dive bars all over that area that are pretty cool to check out! Tons in the Hollywood area...

I'm a big fan of the bar just off of Los Feliz called the Griffin. Its kind of trendy but the bartenders always give us some stiff drinks.

• 2 weeks later...