pic of Alex's play

Thomas Jonestown Massacre

I think the shot angle had a lot to do with it.

If you look closely, you see Wale's head on the left of the RB as he's underneath. You also see Izzy standing people up. You also see Briggs at the POA. It was a heck of a team effort, and kudos to Alex for hog tying the runner to make the key play.

If you look closely at this picture, especially in full size, it appears the ball has broken the goal line. We may have lucked out on this call because I think technically this should have been a TD. Maybe it is just the angle of the shot.

I thought the same thing when i watched last night, but when they showed the goal line view of the play it looked like he got nowhere near crossing the goal line

If you look closely at this picture, especially in full size, it appears the ball has broken the goal line. We may have lucked out on this call because I think technically this should have been a TD. Maybe it is just the angle of the shot.

Agreed. That's the first thing I thought when I saw this view.

I agree

The original angle

Picture6-1.jpg

first replay angle

Picture3.jpg

second replay angle. As you can see the ball is down by his stomach. So what looks like the ball from the overhead angle is something else.

Picture4-1.jpg

third replay angle

Picture5.jpg

Having just watched it again I have to say that Briggs made that stop possible. He dove accross the line and stopped Buckhalter's forward progress then Brown hog ties him and puts all his weight into pulling him back from the goal line. Great team play about the only one not in on that tackle was Payne who dove for him in the backfield and missed.