Jerry Vindicated

CrackerDog

So, we're 2-2 and with a little better luck could easily be 4-0. Certainly the two games we've lost haven't been due to the play of the offensive line. Or anything else Jerry Angelo could've done, for that matter. Philly put pressure on Kyle this week but it wasn't anything close to what they'd done the week before. We've generally run the ball well, also. And now we sit at the top of our division after playing 4 of our toughest opponents already and... We're a few weeks away from Chris Williams returning.

Oh, how the internet fans cried. "We're doomed!" "Jerry screwed the pooch!" Meanwhile, the bendwagon is getting more crowded these days.

If only you girls could learn to keep your panties dry and trust the folks who brought us to the Superbowl.

You sound like many of the players after week 1, popping the Champagne corks way too early...

Here's a good read....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,1975472.column

So far, not too bad. I'm very pleasantly surprised. As easily as we could be 4-0, we could have been 1-3. Botton line, we're a 500 team right now. Seems to me a lot of internet prognosticators were fairly correct... I recall reading a ton of 8-8 predictions.

The jury is still not out on Williams...to say that Jerry is out of the woods on that pick isn't quite correct. He sure as heck gets credit for Forte though. But given that we just let go of Bazuin, Bradley and Owko...I'm not sure how glowing his past picks were.

I trust no one in the organization other than Toub.

But winning sure is fun regardless!

So, we're 2-2 and with a little better luck could easily be 4-0. Certainly the two games we've lost haven't been due to the play of the offensive line. Or anything else Jerry Angelo could've done, for that matter. Philly put pressure on Kyle this week but it wasn't anything close to what they'd done the week before. We've generally run the ball well, also. And now we sit at the top of our division after playing 4 of our toughest opponents already and... We're a few weeks away from Chris Williams returning.

Oh, how the internet fans cried. "We're doomed!" "Jerry screwed the pooch!" Meanwhile, the bendwagon is getting more crowded these days.

If only you girls could learn to keep your panties dry and trust the folks who brought us to the Superbowl.

I'm glad we're 2-2 after 4 games. But, lay off the kool aid right now.

Vindicated? Seriously?

Chris Williams T - Injured and out. Oh yea, and injury red flags had other teams passing on him.

Matt Forte RB - Stud in the making.

Earl Bennett WR - Rookie WRs may not always explode onto the scene, but has he even been active on game days yet?

Marcus Harrison DT - Looking okay.

Craig Steltz DB - Barely made the 53 man roster.

Zack Bowman DB - gone

Kellen Davis TE - Made the team, but not much of a role. Deep depth.

Ervin Baldwin DE - Didn't make the team.

Chester Adams - Gone

LaRocque LB - Nope.

Kirk Barton T - Bye bye

Marcus Monk - see ya.

6 of 12 are already gone, and only 2 actually playing. That is vindication?

I agree to a degree.....I think that sometimes there are those who would second guess and criticise unnecessarily. JA has made some good moves, but I would have to say that he has made a few bad ones too.....

The Cedric Benson debacle should have been cut short sooner

The jury is out on the Chris Williams pick....

I question whether Tommie Harris should have got all of that money.....he is not looking like the best DT in the league at the moment, and it seems his injuries might be long term.

I am still not certain about the firing of Ron Riviera and hiring of Babich...

However, I like the Lloyd pick up, the choice of KO for QB, Forte is looking awesome, the cap is managed well....and we have just beat a really good team and been in the other two games.

BUT, the season is far from over, the defense does not look nearly as good as advertised, and I believe KO will need to lead the O to contributing equally this year for us to really compete and go to the playoffs.....

I remain cautiously optimistic at this point....

I'm glad we're 2-2 after 4 games. But, lay off the kool aid right now.

Sorry, not the point. All the women here were up in arms about this team and Jerry was calmly moving forward. His team, the group of guys on the field today, should be 4-0 and they didn't lose a single game because of anything Jerry did or didn't do. I'm not drinking kool-aid or even pretending we're on our way to greatness. But I can say without trouble that the team put on the field on day one this season was built to compete and win. And in 4 of the toughest games on the schedule! That's all you can ask for at this stage of the season and it means our GM did his ferkin' job.

Now all the internet football "experts" here can continue to do their "job" and whine and bitch and cry. That doesn't change the facts.

Vindicated? Seriously?

Dummy. This isn't about his draft although I think many GM's would probably happy with the results JA's put up not only this year but for a career. This is about how you and a bunch of other whiny little pussies made it out like we were walking into a buzzsaw to start the season being led by a blind man. Well, let me just say...

YOU WERE WRONG!

This team WAS built to win and it isn't JA's fault we have two losses right now. Blame that on errors made by the players (a certain TE comes to mind) and somewhat on coaching. We've got to be able to make a key first down! That isn't on the GM. Get it now?

Go back to your knitting.

So, we're 2-2 and with a little better luck could easily be 4-0. Certainly the two games we've lost haven't been due to the play of the offensive line. Or anything else Jerry Angelo could've done, for that matter. Philly put pressure on Kyle this week but it wasn't anything close to what they'd done the week :bringitbefore. We've generally run the ball well, also. And now we sit at the top of our division after playing 4 of our toughest opponents already and... We're a few weeks away from Chris Williams returning.

Weren't you one of the first in line at the Tampax machine after our loss to Carolina? Nothing like being a hindsight internet genius... :bringit

I don't know. I feel that JA is an average GM for NFL standards. He has a habit of relying too much on the measurables of the players he is drafting. And he has a bad eye for offensive talent.

I think he lacks the instincts to become a top level GM. But he is doing more due diligence this could be seen with the intense evaluation of Forte during the draft process.

My question is who would replace JA? Top level GM's are like Franchise QB's, they aren't available in the free market.

Vindicated? Seriously?

Chris Williams T - Injured and out. Oh yea, and injury red flags had other teams passing on him.

Earl Bennett WR - Rookie WRs may not always explode onto the scene, but has he even been active on game days yet?

Zack Bowman DB - gone

Chester Adams - Gone

LaRocque LB - Nope.

Kirk Barton T - Bye bye

Marcus Monk - see ya.

How about:

Mark Anderson- valuable but not too good.

Alex Brown- starting DE

Mike Brown- captain of the D, and as he goes, we go.

Urlacher- do I need to say anything?

Forte- beast already.

Hester- most explosive player EVER.

Tillman- every year, he should go to the Pro Bowl. Ball stripping machine.

Vasher- gets burnt a lot, but makes up for it with his INTs.

Briggs- currently our best LB and one of the best in football.

Excuse me, what were you saying?

Weren't you one of the first in line at the Tampax machine after our loss to Carolina? Nothing like being a hindsight internet genius... :bringit

No, I wasn't. I called out Olsen and Turner. Period. And later admitted I was wrong on Turner when I found out it was Orton who changed the play that killed us.

The rest of this site could stand a bit of manning up. Most of the ladies here go into hiding when their hissy fits come back to haunt them.

Vindicated? Seriously?

Zack Bowman DB - gone

Chester Adams - Gone

LaRocque LB - Nope.

Kirk Barton T - Bye bye

Marcus Monk - see ya.

What team doesnt have failed draft picks? Several of the guys you list are brand new and havent even been put on the field much yet.

The post responding with the list of pro bowlers says this better than mine - but yea, we have had draft victories as well.

This sport has soooo many players on a roster. You can find any team and find guys they had to cast off.

What team doesnt have failed draft picks? Several of the guys you list are brand new and havent even been put on the field much yet.

The post responding with the list of pro bowlers says this better than mine - but yea, we have had draft victories as well.

This sport has soooo many players on a roster. You can find any team and find guys they had to cast off.

Don't let NFO bother you. He's dumb as a fire hydrant.

Angleo came onto the team in 2001 after Hatley's last draft...

http://www.bearshistory.com/seasons/2001chicagobears.aspx

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

Urlacher and Mike Brown were Hatley picks in 2000.

Seems to me there are lots of hits and misses. The hits seem to be on D, but there are too many top pick misses.

2008 - Chicago Bears 4 good, one suspect, 2 not looking good, the rest are off the team

Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 14 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt - jury's not out

2 44 Matt Forte RB Tulane - Rockin!

3 70 Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt - jury's not out

3 90 Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas - looks good

4 120 Craig Steltz SAF Louisiana State - looks not so good

5 142 Zack Bowman CB Nebraska - looks not so good

5 158 Kellen Davis TE Michigan State - looks good

7 208 Ervin Baldwin DE Michigan State - n/a

7 222 Chester Adams G Georgia - n/a

7 243 Joey LaRocque LB Oregon State - Seems good

7 247 Kirk Barton T Ohio State - let him go

7 248 Marcus Monk WR Arkansas - let him go

2007 - Chicago Bears 4 good, 3 gone, 1 suspect

1 31 Greg Olsen TE Miami (Fla.) - good

2 62 Dan Bazuin DE Central Michigan - gone

3 93 Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois - suspect

3 94 Michael Okwo LB Stanford - gone

4 130 Josh Beekman G Boston College - seems good

5 167 Kevin Payne SAF Louisiana-Monroe - good

5 168 Corey Graham CB New Hampshire - decent

7 221 Trumaine McBride CB Mississippi - fair

7 241 Aaron Brant T Iowa State - gone?

2006 - Chicago Bears - 4 good, 1 fair, rest gone

2 42 Danieal Manning FS Abilene Christian - fair

2 57 Devin Hester DB Miami (Fla.) - great

3 73 Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma - good

4 120 Jamar Williams LB Arizona State - good

5 159 Mark Anderson DE Alabama - good

6 195 J.D. Runnels RB Oklahoma - gone

6 200 Tyler Reed G Penn State - gone?

2005 - Chicago Bears 1 ok, the rest are gone

1 4 Cedric Benson RB Texas - gone

2 39 Mark Bradley WR Oklahoma - gone

4 106 Kyle Orton QB Purdue - seems ok

5 140 Airese Currie WR Clemson - gone

6 181 Chris Harris FS Louisiana-Monroe - good, but gone

7 220 Rod Wilson LB South Carolina - gone

2004 - Chicago Bears

Rd Sel # Player Position School 2 great, rest gone

1 14 Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma - great

2 47 Tank Johnson DT Washington - gone

3 78 Bernard Berrian WR Fresno State - gone

4 110 Nathan Vasher CB Texas - great

4 112 Leon Joe LB Maryland - gone

5 147 Claude Harriott DE Pittsburgh - gone

5 148 Craig Krenzel QB Ohio State - gone

7 215 Alfonso Marshall CB Miami (Fla.) - gone

2003 - Chicago Bears

Rd Sel # Player Position School 2 good, rest are gone

1 14 Michael Haynes DE Penn State - bust

1 22 Rex Grossman QB Florida - bad

2 35 Charles Tillman CB Louisiana-Lafayette - great

3 68 Lance Briggs OLB Arizona - great

4 100 Todd Johnson DB Florida - gone

4 116 Ian Scott DT Florida - gone

5 139 Bobby Wade WR Arizona - gone

5 143 Justin Gage WR Missouri -gone

5 171 Tron LaFavor DT Florida -gone

6 191 Joe Odom LB Purdue - gone

6 206 Brock Forsey RB Boise State - gone

7 261 Bryan Anderson G Pittsburgh - gone

2002 - Chicago Bears

Rd Sel # Player Position School 1 good, one not so good, one gone

1 29 Marc Colombo T Boston College - gone

3 72 Roe Williams CB Tuskegee - gone

3 93 Terrence Metcalf G Mississippi - not so good

4 104 Alex Brown DE Florida - good!

5 140 Bobby Gray DB Louisiana Tech - gone

5 165 Bryan Knight DE Pittsburgh - gone

6 199 Adrian Peterson RB Georgia Southern - good

6 203 Jamin Elliott WR Delaware - gone...wasn't he an American Idol?

6 210 Bryan Fletcher TE UCLA - gone

How about:

Mark Anderson- valuable but not too good.

Alex Brown- starting DE

Mike Brown- captain of the D, and as he goes, we go.

Urlacher- do I need to say anything?

Forte- beast already.

Hester- most explosive player EVER.

Tillman- every year, he should go to the Pro Bowl. Ball stripping machine.

Vasher- gets burnt a lot, but makes up for it with his INTs.

Briggs- currently our best LB and one of the best in football.

Excuse me, what were you saying?

Good post Crack. Spot on.

Although you know the wanna be GM's and such are going to rip you for this.

No, I wasn't. I called out Olsen and Turner. Period. And later admitted I was wrong on Turner when I found out it was Orton who changed the play that killed us.

The rest of this site could stand a bit of manning up. Most of the ladies here go into hiding when their hissy fits come back to haunt them.

how bout i just come over there and punch you in the face cracker lol

I hate that so many Bears fans are so pessimistic and that others act like nothing is ever wrong... I just try to take things in stride, and while I'm not gonna act like JA has done a superb job, I'm not gonna act like he's a bad GM either. JA is pretty solid and while he has made some big mistakes, every good GM has...

I'll say this, though: If you try to fault JA for a bad draft last year like someone posted above, you can't really include picks from rounds 5-7. Most of those picks on ANY team would have been cut. He made a great pick with Forte, a very solid pick with Harrison, Bennett will be a contributor for many years, and the jury is out on Williams. You honestly can't say if it was a good or bad pick until the guy plays. And, quite frankly, I can't believe Steltz hasn't done better. I think most people thought he'd be a contributor.