Talk about Horse crap

GrizzlyBear

I agree that Orton should be the air player of the week.

I would actually say it should be Big Ben. He had a great game against a very good team. Let's face it - Detroit sucks. They don't hold a candle to the Jags. Kyle, however, should have at least been nominated.

Peace :dabears

I would actually say it should be Big Ben. He had a great game against a very good team. Let's face it - Detroit sucks. They don't hold a candle to the Jags. Kyle, however, should have at least been nominated.

Peace :dabears

Exactly. Orton had a great game, but if you are going to talk about the best of the week, I think who the opponent is has to be factored. Warner played a very good Buffalo defense, which was undefeated. Jax and Seattle are both better defenses than Detroit. Orton not being considered for the nod isn't a knock on him so much as a knock on who he played.

Exactly. Orton had a great game, but if you are going to talk about the best of the week, I think who the opponent is has to be factored. Warner played a very good Buffalo defense, which was undefeated. Jax and Seattle are both better defenses than Detroit. Orton not being considered for the nod isn't a knock on him so much as a knock on who he played.

If that is what you are going on then why did Truner from the Falcons get it when ummmm they played DETROIT? It should not matter who you play just what you did in the game.

If that is what you are going on then why did Truner from the Falcons get it when ummmm they played DETROIT? It should not matter who you play just what you did in the game.

Turner had 220 yards and 2 TDs. Also, that was game one, when the expections were different. It was not known then just how bad Dets run defense was (or team), while Atlanta was expected to be one of the worst teams in the league.

And, IMHO, 220 yards and 2 TDs for a RB is more comparable to throwing 450 yards and 4 scores for a QB.

It isn't all or nothing. It isn't JUST about who a teams plays, but it is a factor. How can you seriously think opponents don't factor. This isn't just a FF thing, right? If so, then fine. Go straight off stats. But if it is a real life thing, then opponents matter, as do other situations. A team facing Det and doing well simply isn't going to get the props as a team facing a good defense, and doing well.

Guest TerraTor
Turner had 220 yards and 2 TDs. Also, that was game one, when the expections were different. It was not known then just how bad Dets run defense was (or team), while Atlanta was expected to be one of the worst teams in the league.

And, IMHO, 220 yards and 2 TDs for a RB is more comparable to throwing 450 yards and 4 scores for a QB.

It isn't all or nothing. It isn't JUST about who a teams plays, but it is a factor. How can you seriously think opponents don't factor. This isn't just a FF thing, right? If so, then fine. Go straight off stats. But if it is a real life thing, then opponents matter, as do other situations. A team facing Det and doing well simply isn't going to get the props as a team facing a good defense, and doing well.

I think Rex would have definately played better. He is a much more talented QB than Orton. right Bears88?

haha

In the interest of showing there is no favoritism to what the talking heads do I wanted to see how Seattle and Detroit's defenses compare.

Seattle 27th ranked pass defense, giving up 237 yards/gm.

Detroit 32nd ranked pass defense, giving up 249 yards/gm.

Seattle 24th ranked run defense, giving up 129.5 yards/gm.

Detroit 30th ranked run defense, giving up 180 yards/gm.

Overall

Seattle ranked 27th in yards/gm, ranked 23 in points giving up 31/gm.

Detroit ranked 32 in yards/gm, ranked 31st in points giving up 36.8/gm

Seattle has played Buff, SF, STL (last in everything), and NYG

Detroit has played ATL, GB, SF, CHI

Both defenses are bad but given how horrendous St Louis (when Seattle only gave up 13pts) has been this year Seattle is probably just as a bad on defense as Detoit.

IMO if Eli got the nod for his performance (267yd, 2TD, 76% comp) then Orton should have been listed in there too (334 yds, 2TD, 70.6% comp) especially when you consider that nobody can name our Oline while Giants are said to have the best Oline in the league; nobody can name our WR, and did I mention that we have a rookie RB starting?

I think it's plain bias...everyone expects paltry play from the Bears QB...

In the interest of showing there is no favoritism to what the talking heads do I wanted to see how Seattle and Detroit's defenses compare.

Seattle 27th ranked pass defense, giving up 237 yards/gm.

Detroit 32nd ranked pass defense, giving up 249 yards/gm.

Seattle 24th ranked run defense, giving up 129.5 yards/gm.

Detroit 30th ranked run defense, giving up 180 yards/gm.

Overall

Seattle ranked 27th in yards/gm, ranked 23 in points giving up 31/gm.

Detroit ranked 32 in yards/gm, ranked 31st in points giving up 36.8/gm

Seattle has played Buff, SF, STL (last in everything), and NYG

Detroit has played ATL, GB, SF, CHI

Both defenses are bad but given how horrendous St Louis (when Seattle only gave up 13pts) has been this year Seattle is probably just as a bad on defense as Detoit.

IMO if Eli got the nod for his performance (267yd, 2TD, 76% comp) then Orton should have been listed in there too (334 yds, 2TD, 70.6% comp) especially when you consider that nobody can name our Oline while Giants are said to have the best Oline in the league; nobody can name our WR, and did I mention that we have a rookie RB starting?