Anyone notice Bradley in KC?

nfoligno

In 3+ seasons w/ the Bears, Bradley never had more than 18 catches in a season. I don't think he could even get active this year, and then we cut him. He picked up w/ KC, and has very quickly stepped in and stepped up.

This past week, Bradley had 9 for 81 and a score. In the last three weeks, he has 18-188-2. Not bad for a guy who could not even get active for us.

I posted when we released him it was a bad idea. I stick to it till this day, and I'm glad that KC got him instead of one of our divisional teams.

But still, the guy was never given a big chance like he's getting in KC. We are now stuck with Rashied Davis being our #1. Don't understand why we couldn't keep Bradley as our #3 at least.

I would really love to get a real insiders view of why Bradley never worked out in Chicago. He always was said to have the talent and there were indications that he could be a really good receiver, then nothing. He kept being touted as up and coming but never seemed to make it past that point. Who did he piss off? He signed immediately upon being drafted by the Bears, said all of the right things about being a team guy....what happened?

Yea, I would love to get the inside scoop on this too. In the offseason, he was declared as our #1 WR, and went from that declaration to being cut. We know about the injuries. I have read something about how he was pigeon holed at one WR position, which was going to be filled by Hester (I think) but I have never really read anything that would lead to his release.

It wasn't the end of the world for me that he was cut. It doesn't shock me he is doing well elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it would have happened in Chicago.

But like you, I just feel there is more to the story, and would love to one day here what it was.

I would really love to get a real insiders view of why Bradley never worked out in Chicago. He always was said to have the talent and there were indications that he could be a really good receiver, then nothing. He kept being touted as up and coming but never seemed to make it past that point. Who did he piss off? He signed immediately upon being drafted by the Bears, said all of the right things about being a team guy....what happened?

In 3+ seasons w/ the Bears, Bradley never had more than 18 catches in a season. I don't think he could even get active this year, and then we cut him. He picked up w/ KC, and has very quickly stepped in and stepped up.

This past week, Bradley had 9 for 81 and a score. In the last three weeks, he has 18-188-2. Not bad for a guy who could not even get active for us.

I said it over and over and over again. Here are the problems:

1) The Bears haven't had a good offensive talent evaluator in eons

2) The Bears haven't had a good offensive mind since Crowton

3) The Bears haven't run a successful, balanced offensive scheme since maybe Turner's first go-around

4) Those making the decisions about who should start on offense and who should sit have been consistently stubborn, ignorant, and proven wrong.

Gage, Wade, Berrian...and now Bradley - Making an immediate impact with the Chiefs, a team with an absolutely wretched QB, and giving a big F'You to his former Bears' coaches (who kept him in the doghouse for no reason).

Gotta love these coaches.

Yea, I'll give you that one.

Dude, I just puked on my key board.

3) The Bears haven't run a successful, balanced offensive scheme since maybe Turner's first go-around

Okay, cleaned off the key board, but the kkkkk kkkey is sticking a bit. Seriously though, been watching much bears this year? They have seemed pretty balanced. Maybe having a legit QB combined w/ a legit RB was the key more than just the OC. Hard to be balanced when you have Rex and Benson.

4) Those making the decisions about who should start on offense and who should sit have been consistently stubborn, ignorant, and proven wrong.

Hey, at least they chose Orton over Rex. I would also argue a few other decisions (offense) were uncharacteristically pretty good this year. For example, IMHO it was a good move not moving Tait back to LT, and keeping him at RT. It was a good call giving Beekman a shot at LG and keeping him there after Metcalf was healthy. So some of the decisions seem pretty sound this year.

Gage, Wade, Berrian...and now Bradley - Making an immediate impact with the Chiefs, a team with an absolutely wretched QB, and giving a big F'You to his former Bears' coaches (who kept him in the doghouse for no reason).

You say "in the doghouse for no reason", but isn't it more accurate to say no reason we know about? I mean, the reality is, we have no reason what-so-ever why he was in the doghouse, assuming he was. But you have to believe there was a reason he was in there. As we have no idea what that reason is, we have no idea if it was legit or not.

Not sure Berrian belongs in this group. The other three were released because it wasn't believed they had enough to offer. Berrian was offered a deal, but Minny gave him fairly sick money. That was just a business decision, and one I frankly agreed w/.

To be honest, I am loving Turner this year. I think he has the offense playing well, Rex' start aside. I mean, look at who we have on offense, and look at where we rank in the league. I think that is pretty solid evidence to support Turner this year.

I hate to see how well Bradley is doing, at least in regard to our cutting him, but also still just wonder why we cut him. Again, i just think there is more to the story than what we know.

Regarding Bradley, there was some rumours a while back that he refused to play ST in 06 and that didn't take very well with the staff (Lovie). I don't believe that it's the whole story, but there may be some validity to it.

IMHO the Bears are making some stupid cuts and pick-up. Bradley did play ST last year, but you have to wonder who is making these calls and what are they thinking. Ok you bring in Llyod(who had problems with SF and the skins) and Booker(who is slower than Bradley) to be the guys. But you think this kid has a problem....I would too if I knew that I can out play the other two and you got me sitting on the bench. Two games stick out in my mind Detroit when he got hurt and the Jets game were he took it to the house on s simple out 50 something yards like Booker did. But giving the chance Bradley could do it more often than Booker. But what has Booker really done for us this year??? And Bradley is doing great...because they gave him a chance. My team would have been Bradley at one WR and Berrian at the other with DavisHester/ at the slot.

I think just about every Bears fan was pissed when Bradley was cut. He obviously showed talent his rookie season and given our WR's no reason for him not to get a shot. Ideally I would have wanted Lloyd and Bradley starting with Hester being the 3rd guy. You look at guys that were scrubs for us.. Wade, Gage, and now Bradley go and have success elsewhere, makes you question the coaching staff.

Honestly I appreciate Lovie taking us to th Superbowl, but I'm about ready for a change unless the coaching of this team picks up drastically.

I think just about every Bears fan was pissed when Bradley was cut. He obviously showed talent his rookie season and given our WR's no reason for him not to get a shot.

He was injured most of the time. Enough was enough with him.

But, good to see him staying healthy with KC.

I just "trust" our staff because I was told to. :P

Regarding Bradley, there was some rumours a while back that he refused to play ST in 06 and that didn't take very well with the staff (Lovie). I don't believe that it's the whole story, but there may be some validity to it.

I reckon something like this, if not this actual reason, is behind the Bradley release. Maybe not a hard worker, not a good ST player would seem to be big issue for Lovie and staff, maybe attitude towards Lovie or another staff member? Remember how long it took McQuarters to get the bus out of Chicago after he mouthed off to Lovie?

Some players need to have their world rocked before they wise up and start producing. (See Benson, Cedric) That's the case with Bradley. The Bear Report publisher was around the guy every time reporters were allowed in the locker room. He's posted a couple different times on the open board that Bradley had a crappy, arrogant attitude, which no doubt polluted his work ethic in Chicago.

Well, the Bears got fed up with him and cut his lazy butt. World Rocked! Now Mark has finally figured out that if he doesn't produce, he's going to be the newest burger-flipper at his local McDonalds.

Yea, I'll give you that one.

Dude, I just puked on my key board.

Okay, cleaned off the key board, but the kkkkk kkkey is sticking a bit. Seriously though, been watching much bears this year? They have seemed pretty balanced. Maybe having a legit QB combined w/ a legit RB was the key more than just the OC. Hard to be balanced when you have Rex and Benson.

Hey, at least they chose Orton over Rex. I would also argue a few other decisions (offense) were uncharacteristically pretty good this year. For example, IMHO it was a good move not moving Tait back to LT, and keeping him at RT. It was a good call giving Beekman a shot at LG and keeping him there after Metcalf was healthy. So some of the decisions seem pretty sound this year.

You say "in the doghouse for no reason", but isn't it more accurate to say no reason we know about? I mean, the reality is, we have no reason what-so-ever why he was in the doghouse, assuming he was. But you have to believe there was a reason he was in there. As we have no idea what that reason is, we have no idea if it was legit or not.

Not sure Berrian belongs in this group. The other three were released because it wasn't believed they had enough to offer. Berrian was offered a deal, but Minny gave him fairly sick money. That was just a business decision, and one I frankly agreed w/.

To be honest, I am loving Turner this year. I think he has the offense playing well, Rex' start aside. I mean, look at who we have on offense, and look at where we rank in the league. I think that is pretty solid evidence to support Turner this year.

I hate to see how well Bradley is doing, at least in regard to our cutting him, but also still just wonder why we cut him. Again, i just think there is more to the story than what we know.

Puke all you want about Crowton, but he WAS a creative offensive mind. He forced the defense to adjust. He wasn't the typical coach who was predictable. That's the kind of offensive mind the Bears need. Remember, his offense made Jim Miller look like a friggin superstar one year, and made Cade McNown look decent.

I said "successful, balanced offense". It's not very successful, and it's too pass-heavy for my tastes. The Bears need to lean on the running game more (but I don't think the OL is that good at run blocking).

Yes, you're right: there is a reason why Bradley didn't see the field. But I doubt it was good enough, and I think it's symptomatic of this coaching staff's problems with decision making processes when selecting their starters. Some OL decisions were horrible last year, the Orton change should probably have come earlier, and the D starters have been questioned by many.

I think the rest comes down to the fact that you seem more pleased with Turner and the offense than I am. I actually have said many times that I think the Bears' WRs are pretty good, and the RB is obviously good, and Orton has tools. I expect more.

You expect more? Seriously?

So if I were to go back and look through the old posts, I would see you throwing out predictions for our offense greater than what we have seen thus far?

We have an OL that was considered awful going into the season. We have a QB who few thought of as more than a game manager, and that was if he did his best. We have a group of WRs who few thought could be a #2 for most teams, much less a #1 in the mix. We have a rookie RB.

Sorry, but you honestly expected this offense to be even average, much less good? I would argue Orton has gone way above expectations. I would argue the OL, while far from even good, has held it together better than most expected. I would argue we have a group of WRs few still now think much of, but have done better than expected this year. And while many might have expected decent things from Forte, I would even argue he has surpassed expectations, particularly in the receiving department.

I was VERY anti-Turner last year. Even this year, there are plays I disagree w/. At the same time, I just do not think we can avoid giving him credit where it is due. This is not an offense anyone expected to do much, but they have actually been a major factor in our winning season, particularly w/ the defense struggling as it has.

As for Crowton, I'll give you he was creative and different, but at the same time, the league sure did seem to figure him out. So while he was different at one point, he did little to adjust when teams starting to tee off on our QBs. And what about that idea of being balanced. You don't think we were pass happy w/ Crowton. You and I will never agree w/ regard to Crowton. While I agree he was a definite change of pace, I still today think he was one of our worst OCs. I will just never get over the idea of having such an inexperienced QB (Cade) and making him run a very complicated system, w/ so many empty backfields. Maybe he would have looked good w/ Warner under center, but w/ a green QB, it simply was a bad system to run.

It wasn't the end of the world for me that he was cut. It doesn't shock me he is doing well elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it would have happened in Chicago.

Exactly. It was better to cut our losses when we did. For whatever reason, he was not working out here.

Peace :dabears