Why is Orton getting a free pass?

canadianbear

He gets a pass because he played hurt, that obviously affected his play. Like I said before, I'd rather have a 70% Kyle Orton starting over a 100% Rex. The Packer game was just one of those games you want to forget about. Nobody played worth a damn and it was an all around losing effort. Orton played like he did the first 1 or 2 games of the year, "Managing the game" due to his ankle.. yes It hurt our offense but having him on the field hurt tells you alot about what the staff thinks of Rex ;)

In my view Orton and the offense really never had a chance, they were in a hole from the start that just got deeper. No, he was not great, but surely he was our best option. Would you rather have had Grossman out there? Think he would have done any better? I would take a injured Orton over a healthy Grossman any day.

A disproportianate amount of cap money is spent on the defense, yet the offense has been bailing them out all year! The defensive side of the ball deserves all of the blame!

Your last statement is insane. The offense has not been bailing the defense out all year. The offense is average at best, and it definitely doesn't scare any opposing defenses. The passing game is only remotely threatening, and the running game seems to be average as well. And we won't even get into the run blocking or the inconsistent play from the WR/TE corp.

The D may have been playing poorly, especially bad last game, but this is far from an offensive juggernaut. Go back and look at the game logs, and the drive charts. While you're doing so, count the 3-and-outs and the drives of less than 20 yards. I think you'll change your mind about the offense "bailing out" the defense.

I have no issues with him wanting to play. Further, he was cleared to play by the training staff.

This is a non issue.

Peace :dabears

As I am certain that you watched the game, Orton was not close to being ready to play. Rust does not accumulate that quickly and he was off all day, missing open receivers, locking on to targets and getting balls knocked down at the LOS (I didnt know having a sprained ankle makes you shorter). This is not to mention the fact he was visible limping and immobile.

Just the fact that he was cleared to play displays the inneptitude of our coaching staff.

At least the week before Rex put together a few good drives and 14 points against a FAR superior defense.

Though the point is mute, and the team is certainly looking ahead to the Rams, I dont think Kyle SHOULD have been cleared and Rex SHOULD have started this game just based on the fact that Kyle was too injured to perform at the required level to win an NFL game.

As was proven last week, an injured Kyle IS NOT as good as a healthy Rex (But when both are 100%, there is no debate - appologies to Bears88)

I just feel, to be fair, that if Rex played like Kyle played, this board would have called for his quick departure (more than the usual) and that Kyle, though admirable that he played through pain, should not be givin a free pass.

Just ones opinion. Trying to keep perspective.

As I am certain that you watched the game, Orton was not close to being ready to play. Rust does not accumulate that quickly and he was off all day, missing open receivers, locking on to targets and getting balls knocked down at the LOS (I didnt know having a sprained ankle makes you shorter). This is not to mention the fact he was visible limping and immobile.

Just the fact that he was cleared to play displays the inneptitude of our coaching staff.

At least the week before Rex put together a few good drives and 14 points against a FAR superior defense.

Though the point is mute, and the team is certainly looking ahead to the Rams, I dont think Kyle SHOULD have been cleared and Rex SHOULD have started this game just based on the fact that Kyle was too injured to perform at the required level to win an NFL game.

As was proven last week, an injured Kyle IS NOT as good as a healthy Rex (But when both are 100%, there is no debate - appologies to Bears88)

I just feel, to be fair, that if Rex played like Kyle played, this board would have called for his quick departure (more than the usual) and that Kyle, though admirable that he played through pain, should not be givin a free pass.

Just ones opinion. Trying to keep perspective.

I agree that if Rex had started and given that performance, he would have been ripped up and down. For some reason there is a large percentage of Bears fans who do not like Rex and tend to unload on him whenever possible (e.g. booing him at Family night).

My position is the QB play was not the reason we lost. This was a complete team loss. Everyone gets failing grades. As Lovie said they were not ready to play and ultimately that is on him. Playing Rex would have not changed the outcome in my humble opinion.

Peace :dabears