Bears @ Rams GameThread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Orton 19-29, 223 yards, 1 TD, 2 sacks, 2 passes batted down, 3 rushing yards, no fumbles, 7.37 yards per pass

Forte 19 carries, 73 yards, 2 TD's, 5 catches, 25 yards, 1 illegal motion penalty

Gould- 2/2 on FG, 43.3 punt net, 4.56s avg. hang time, kickoffs to avg. depth of 3yd line

Hester- Takes it all the way to the 39yd line, fumbles, then Idonijie recovers and advances for another 6 yards

Bears 31-25 (OT)

BEAR DOWN!

Before the Titans game I said "We need a couple of wins in the next 4 weeks", expecting that 3 out of the 4 games would be very losable. Well, we can still do it, but it nows means going 2-0 in the next two games. As I said in that previous post 7-5 wouldn't be a bad position to be in on paper. Unfortunately, now I worry that we haven't developed enough as a defense for it to really matter in terms of any postseason chances. But unlike some fans (as is their opinion and I'm not saying it's wrong), I see great value in winning your division and being conference champions...that is, it's not all about the Super Bowl. So whether we "develop" enough to have a reasonable chance in postseason or not, I still want us to be NFC North champions.

Before the Titans game I said "We need a couple of wins in the next 4 weeks", expecting that 3 out of the 4 games would be very losable. Well, we can still do it, but it nows means going 2-0 in the next two games. As I said in that previous post 7-5 wouldn't be a bad position to be in on paper. Unfortunately, now I worry that we haven't developed enough as a defense for it to really matter in terms of any postseason chances. But unlike some fans (as is their opinion and I'm not saying it's wrong), I see great value in winning your division and being conference champions...that is, it's not all about the Super Bowl. So whether we "develop" enough to have a reasonable chance in postseason or not, I still want us to be NFC North champions.

I hear ya, selection7. And I agree that, if you think about it, there are few teams that get to the playoffs,. So yes, winning the division does mean that we are not patsys, like, say the Lions. So I'm hoping, but I don't hold out much for playoff success givien the sad showing of the D.

After much painful thinking, I think the Bears will win. But it will be uncomfortabley close.

I see something like 31-28

I see Forte having a 100 yard game. Yet, see a different Bear score at GL, probably McKie as it's been done all year.

I see Davis having a good day. Also Olsen. Thus, so will Kyle.

The dfense will stop the run again...and give up the pass again. However, with the Rams having a bad O line, I think there's a chance for a few big plays for us that could result in some much needed turnovers.

I see us getting out to a good start, sputter in the middle through the mid-4th...and then have a drive towards the end of the game that wins it. It's really the MO we've had all season long. I see little reason to expect different.

One element that will help, is that Manning should get some decent returns. The result will be similar to teams kicking away from Hester as they did early on in the season.

Bears won't cover the spread, but hopefully should take the win.

Bear down.

Orton 18-30, 243 yards, 2 TD's

Forte 23 carries, 111 yards, 1 TD's, 3 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD

Gould- 1/1 on FG

Hester- Finally gets a PR for a TD

Bears 31-27