I didn't watch the game...

jason

I didn't get to watch the game, but I did listen to ESPN radio. It seemed like every guy who had anything to say about the game had the same opinion. Later I listened to someone on 670 - for the 10 minutes or so I had reception - and it was the same. So my question is...

Did the Bears look that good, or did the Rams look that bad?

For instance, pretty much everyone was saying that Ogunleye's sacks were not because he had some sort of exemplary effort, but instead because he had a clean run at the QB. It also seems that most were saying that the Bears offense didn't really look that great; instead, it seems that they were indicating that the Rams' defense looked atrocious.

So which is it?

I didn't get to watch the game, but I did listen to ESPN radio. It seemed like every guy who had anything to say about the game had the same opinion. Later I listened to someone on 670 - for the 10 minutes or so I had reception - and it was the same. So my question is...

For instance, pretty much everyone was saying that Ogunleye's sacks were not because he had some sort of exemplary effort, but instead because he had a clean run at the QB. It also seems that most were saying that the Bears offense didn't really look that great; instead, it seems that they were indicating that the Rams' defense looked atrocious.

So which is it?

A combination of both. Rams suck but the Bears did play much, much better. I heard the same broadcast - it was Hub.

Peace :dabears

I think it was a bit of both. If we thought the Bears had issues tackling, the Rams were about 50 times worse.

On Oguns first sack we stacked the line and blitzed; He actually ran a stunt. No one picked him up, so credit must go to Babich.

Second sack was a play action roll out and Ogun KEPT to his responsibility and didnt chase the RB. To his credit, he closed very fast.

On both Harris sacks, it was a quick move at the line and rediculous closing speed.

Browns sack was about speed to the outside and the QB taking a 5-7 step drop.

Anderson also played well, but no sacks recorded.

On D we looked very good, but against a very bad offense missing its best lineman, RB and after the first series starting QB. But we could have played down to the competiton and didnt, at least in the first half.

Offense looked good (Running game at least), Orton had his moments but will have to play better. 3rd down conversions were just bad...

Both.

THe BEars did play well (other than a little stiff in the passing game), but the Rams are awful. Let's not forget that this is the same team SF trounced a week ago.

I love the win, but let's not make it more than it is. We still need to prove our mettle agasint Minny.

So which is it?

The first half, the Bears would have beaten any team they have played all year if they'd kept it up all game. They executed so well early in the game and jumped off to an early lead. In the second half, the Bears looked terrible, and thank god we were playing the Rams because any other team would have came back in that game and made them play till the final second.

So to answer your question, the Rams are just that bad except it wouldn't have mattered in the 1st half because the way the Bears were playing they would have been ahead of anybody!