Bernard Berrian

Da Bears 88

But contrary to popular belief, if the Bears miss the playoffs, they didn't squander away their season in September or October.

That happened in February.

Link

So, because we let Berrian go, he'll be the reason if we miss the playoffs?

I guess those blown games don't mean anything? 5.gif

Berrian would have helped out alot but he wasn't worth the price tag the Vikes gave him, NO WAY! They can have him. What we should have done is franchised him.

If we had franchised him, I doubt the Vikings take him and we would have had him for 8 million this yr.

Peace :dabears

Our coaching staff is the reason for our problems this year. Our defensive scheme, playcalling and stupid penalties is what has cost the Bears. It would be nice to have Berrian, but he isnt the type of WR were lacking, we need a possession guy. Hester isnt too far behind Berrian in big play ability at WR.

Just think of the match up problems other teams would have had if we had both Hester & Berrian on the field at the same time speed kills.

Link

So, because we let Berrian go, he'll be the reason if we miss the playoffs?

I guess those blown games don't mean anything? 5.gif

No doubt. That's a stupid article. There is a play or two each game that the Bears have screwed the pooch on (minus the blowout games), and they could very easily have 10 or 11 wins right now, WITHOUT Bernard Berrian.

Our coaching staff is the reason for our problems this year. Our defensive scheme, playcalling and stupid penalties is what has cost the Bears. It would be nice to have Berrian, but he isnt the type of WR were lacking, we need a possession guy. Hester isnt too far behind Berrian in big play ability at WR.

Hell, I'd say Hester is alread AHEAD of Berrian in big play "ability". The only difference is actual execution, where Berrian is much further ahead.

Berrian might be the 25th best WR in the NFL.

Shelling out a guaranteed 16 mill like the vikes or franchising him for 8 mill would not have been wise.

Also BEARS would not have been able to give Hester the new money he got if they would have re-signed or franchised B2.