Tie-breaker for Wildcard??

bear trap

Does it go by divisional conference record, or overall NFC Conference record, because if that is the case dallas now has 3 divisional conference losses and so does tampa and philly, so if we win monday night we would only have 2 losses. Just wondering since dallas's loss keeps us alive for a wildcard as well! HERE'S TO WINNING OUT!!! Now we have to hope that washington whipps up on philly and philly takes their fustrations out on dallas in week 16! Then all we'd need is for tampa to lose against san diego and oakland. That is if minny doesn't choke LOL!

Does it go by divisional conference record, or overall NFC Conference record, because if that is the case dallas now has 3 divisional conference losses and so does tampa and philly, so if we win monday night we would only have 2 losses. Just wondering since dallas's loss keeps us alive for a wildcard as well! HERE'S TO WINNING OUT!!! Now we have to hope that washington whipps up on philly and philly takes their fustrations out on dallas in week 16! Then all we'd need is for tampa to lose against san diego and oakland. That is if minny doesn't choke LOL!

If I'm correct the games we need to pay attention to are san diego at tampa, atlanta at minny, and philly at washington. Any others that I'm missing? I have a feeling it's all going to come down to kickoff at 1:00 next sunday if we win on monday night.

If I'm correct the games we need to pay attention to are san diego at tampa, atlanta at minny, and philly at washington. Any others that I'm missing? I have a feeling it's all going to come down to kickoff at 1:00 next sunday if we win on monday night.

You got the games right. We need Tampa, Minny, and Philly to lose. All of that is meaningless, however, if we don't win Monday night.

Peace :dabears

So right now we are alive for both the division and the wildcard, the crappy thing is that after the Minny v ATL game tomorrow one of those goes away. Either we are eliminated from the division or we are eliminated from the wildcard. I hope Minny loses cuz I don't hold out much hope in San Diego and Oakland beating Tampa in Tampa.

So right now we are alive for both the division and the wildcard, the crappy thing is that after the Minny v ATL game tomorrow one of those goes away. Either we are eliminated from the division or we are eliminated from the wildcard. I hope Minny loses cuz I don't hold out much hope in San Diego and Oakland beating Tampa in Tampa.

No,no,no... If atlanta wins we are still alive for the wild card, just they are thrown out of the mix for us to beat out. If atlanta wins we would then in essence need washington to win this week at home against philly, then tampa to lose to San Diego, and next week against Oakland and for philly to beat dallas at philly. Meaning atlanta and us would be the wild cards (if in fact we are able to win out... One loss by us and we're toast) Basically we needed for these last 2 weeks dallas, atlanta, tampa to lose both which dallas already lost one and for philly to lose this week at washington which could happen given that washington beat them at philly earlier in the season.

I am so glad you are able to keep everything straight. lol. Lets just take care of things Monday and let the chips fall where they will. If we win on Monday we will have a much better idea of playoff scenarios.

We will have a better picture Sunday night before wwe play hopefully the Vikings,Eagles, and the Bucs all lose

No,no,no... If atlanta wins we are still alive for the wild card, just they are thrown out of the mix for us to beat out. If atlanta wins we would then in essence need washington to win this week at home against philly, then tampa to lose to San Diego, and next week against Oakland and for philly to beat dallas at philly. Meaning atlanta and us would be the wild cards (if in fact we are able to win out... One loss by us and we're toast) Basically we needed for these last 2 weeks dallas, atlanta, tampa to lose both which dallas already lost one and for philly to lose this week at washington which could happen given that washington beat them at philly earlier in the season.

Nice summary. Obviously, it is much easier for us to win the division than for us to make the wild card so I will be holding out for that scenerio to play out.

I don't even care about making the playoffs. Say whatever you want about me, but I'd rather not see us get embarrassed in the 1st round. Besides, making it to the playoffs would make it look like Lovie did a good job this year, which is far from the truth.

I don't even care about making the playoffs. Say whatever you want about me, but I'd rather not see us get embarrassed in the 1st round. Besides, making it to the playoffs would make it look like Lovie did a good job this year, which is far from the truth.

No issues with that. For me, if the Bears win the next 2 games and still don't make the playoffs I will say that Lovie did a good job for the most part. Did the coaching staff cost us games against Atl and Tampa? Partially. Mistakes by the players killed us as well. Does the coaching staff need to improve? Hell yes. Along with the execution from the players. Along with the talent level. Etc.....

No issues with that. For me, if the Bears win the next 2 games and still don't make the playoffs I will say that Lovie did a good job for the most part. Did the coaching staff cost us games against Atl and Tampa? Partially. Mistakes by the players killed us as well. Does the coaching staff need to improve? Hell yes. Along with the execution from the players. Along with the talent level. Etc.....

I agree, we joke about the coaches excuse always being we just need to execute better but there is some truth to that. There's plenty of blame to go around both players and coaches. Like the defense I've harped on it all year and that is we don't seem to know how to tackle we try to arm tackle, hit the player to the ground, or just outright take a bad angle. These are basic things that should not be a problem at the pro level. If the scheme puts you out of position that's one thing but if you put yourself out of position by not executing the basics of football that's another. Drops by WR's where the ball hits you in the hands or is catchable should be caught, period. You are paid to run routes, get open and catch the ball.