Embarrassing

'TD'

You say toMAYto, I say toMAHto... However you want to describe it, I find how we did it beyond unsatisfying.

I never said we played like absolute s&*t. Well, now that I have the opportunity, the D sure did. The rest did OK besdies Manning's ST fumble and the unimaginative offense from the 2nd quarter until the final drive.

We lost to a better team indeed...

The D did play like crap. Houston has a great looking offense. We need a #1 receiver.

Peace :dabears

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say toMAYto, I say toMAHto... However you want to describe it, I find how we did it beyond unsatisfying.

I never said we played like absolute s&*t. Well, now that I have the opportunity, the D sure did. The rest did OK besdies Manning's ST fumble and the unimaginative offense from the 2nd quarter until the final drive.

We lost to a better team indeed...

So if we didn't play like absolute garbage, why is this embarrassing?

The Pats will be able to name their price for Cassell so that option is out, and Lovie is the one implementing the Cover-2 so bringing in another guy doesn't necessarily mean the emphasis on the "Tampa" 2 will be out. More likely, it will continue and a new def coordinator will have to adjust.

Plan for 09:

Draft well - sign a big WR FA.

1. Secondary (best available)

2. DT

3. WR

4. OG

5. DE

6. OG/OT

I thought Cassells is an UFA?

If you look at record only you could say 9-6 and barely missing the playoffs is respectable but it doesn't tell the true tale of how this team played. Early on my prediction was a sub 500 finish I predicted 6-10 and their record was better than that. We beat Indy soundly in their house and I though hey this team might actually be good. What followed was a mixture of decent games, games that we had won but snatched a loss out of the jaws of victory. The erratic play continued we lost games we should have won, won games we should have lost, and played that way till the end of the season. There were only a handful of convincing wins. But the majority of our games were either blown or somehow won at the last min. I understand that good teams pull wins out of their arses on occasion like we did in AZ in 2006. But for good teams that only on occasion not their MO. Good teams are consistent, and play with intensity. The only thing consistent about the 2008 Bears has been their inconsistency. When you ask yourself before game time, which team shows up today the one that beat indy, the one that blew it against tampa and carolina, or the one that shouldn't win but somehow pulls it out. For me it's the manner in which the team has played this season that I find more embarrassing than the results in the standings

Overall Kyle has been one of the bright spots for this team

Forte, what a find I liked this kid from day one and was thrilled that we dumped Seabass because I knew it would mean he'd be the starter. He hasn't disappointed me one bit. He's a tough kid with enough make you miss and speed to be dangerous and he's 10 times the blocking back that Ced was. It's nice ot have a back that can be in on all downs rather than only on running downs.

Briggs, for once we give a guy a pay day and he completely earns it. I doubted last offseason that he'd still be here and he's not only still here but he is one of our best defensive players.

Alex Brown, has stepped up his game and has really made his presence felt.

Izzy has also made his presence felt and has stepped up.

Hester, has done better at WR than I thought he would, but needs to either be a WR or a Return man he obviously can't do both.

Olsen has been everything I had hoped he'd be this year I was beginning to worry but he's really stepped up and become a consistent target.

Gould has been solid and another guy who didn't get lazy after his payday. If we didn't have a kicker like him I doubt we'd even have won half the games we did.

Maynard has had a decent year and has been an asset in the field position battle.

Manning has played well late in the season he had a rough game yesterday but he wasn't alone. Though his fumble on the return was costly in the end he has provided a solid return threat on kickoffs and has done well in the nickle.

Lloyd probably had one of his better days as a WR yesterday than he's had in a while.

Overall I have to think that the schemes we run on defense have more to do with the poor play than the individual players. I still think the talent is there but that talent is wasted on a flawed scheme. To an extent I say that's a positive that we have the talent but we need a DC who can get the most out of it and light a fire under these guys they have grown soft and need someone who will get on them.

I'm sure there are more positives than this.

If you look at record only you could say 9-6 and barely missing the playoffs is respectable but it doesn't tell the true tale of how this team played. Early on my prediction was a sub 500 finish I predicted 6-10 and their record was better than that. We beat Indy soundly in their house and I though hey this team might actually be good. What followed was a mixture of decent games, games that we had won but snatched a loss out of the jaws of victory. The erratic play continued we lost games we should have won, won games we should have lost, and played that way till the end of the season. There were only a handful of convincing wins. But the majority of our games were either blown or somehow won at the last min. I understand that good teams pull wins out of their arses on occasion like we did in AZ in 2006. But for good teams that only on occasion not their MO. Good teams are consistent, and play with intensity. The only thing consistent about the 2008 Bears has been their inconsistency. When you ask yourself before game time, which team shows up today the one that beat indy, the one that blew it against tampa and carolina, or the one that shouldn't win but somehow pulls it out. For me it's the manner in which the team has played this season that I find more embarrassing than the results in the standings

Overall Kyle has been one of the bright spots for this team

Forte, what a find I liked this kid from day one and was thrilled that we dumped Seabass because I knew it would mean he'd be the starter. He hasn't disappointed me one bit. He's a tough kid with enough make you miss and speed to be dangerous and he's 10 times the blocking back that Ced was. It's nice ot have a back that can be in on all downs rather than only on running downs.

Briggs, for once we give a guy a pay day and he completely earns it. I doubted last offseason that he'd still be here and he's not only still here but he is one of our best defensive players.

Alex Brown, has stepped up his game and has really made his presence felt.

Izzy has also made his presence felt and has stepped up.

Hester, has done better at WR than I thought he would, but needs to either be a WR or a Return man he obviously can't do both.

Olsen has been everything I had hoped he'd be this year I was beginning to worry but he's really stepped up and become a consistent target.

Gould has been solid and another guy who didn't get lazy after his payday. If we didn't have a kicker like him I doubt we'd even have won half the games we did.

Maynard has had a decent year and has been an asset in the field position battle.

Manning has played well late in the season he had a rough game yesterday but he wasn't alone. Though his fumble on the return was costly in the end he has provided a solid return threat on kickoffs and has done well in the nickle.

Lloyd probably had one of his better days as a WR yesterday than he's had in a while.

Overall I have to think that the schemes we run on defense have more to do with the poor play than the individual players. I still think the talent is there but that talent is wasted on a flawed scheme. To an extent I say that's a positive that we have the talent but we need a DC who can get the most out of it and light a fire under these guys they have grown soft and need someone who will get on them.

I'm sure there are more positives than this.

9-7

I just wrote that the D did...and yes, for this club, that is embarassing. Is over 400 yards given to another club something to hang your hat on?

Why is it embarrassing for THIS club? This defense has been brutal all year, did you expect it to change going to Houston and playing a great offense? Of course it's nothing to hang a f***ing hat on.

I didn't expect different, that's why I predicted a Houston win. However, it doesn't make it any less embarassing because it's been going on all year. Crap is crap. Whether one time or sixteen times. You may be getting used to it, and therefore it packs less of a punch. But, I can't get used to a Chicago Bears team that is inept on D.

Why is it embarrassing for THIS club? This defense has been brutal all year, did you expect it to change going to Houston and playing a great offense? Of course it's nothing to hang a f***ing hat on.