Embarrassing

'TD'

Oh i didnt percieve it as an attack at all. I agree, the team had shots all season to take control and they couldnt do it, and it was a combination of personnel mistakes on the field, coaching, and lack of experience in the backups, for once the Bears really cannot blame any certain injury.

Reading this board, you would think the Bears are the ones who went 0-16, not the Lions. When I scrolled back through all of the past 20 or so pages to find the prediction thread, I was actually astonished at the amount of negative posts throughout the entire year, winning week or losing week, it was always the same.

I hear what you are saying, I can only speak for myself in saying that I have seen decisions made that seemed foolish and then watched those decisions not work out and hurt the team, thus the frustration. And when alot of money is paid to players and they do not even come close to warranting their paycheck, that also leads to frustration.

There are some real die hard, long term Bears fans on this page who love the Bears and what they stand for. I am one of those, and that passion makes my expectations high sometimes...but that comes with being a real fan IMO. Most of the guys who are talking negative will be the guys going to work tomorrow with their Bears shirts on looking for a fight with a cheeshead or vike that has something to say, lol..... We are angry today, we will be back tomorrow....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you are saying, I can only speak for myself in saying that I have seen decisions made that seemed foolish and then watched those decisions not work out and hurt the team, thus the frustration. And when alot of money is paid to players and they do not even come close to warranting their paycheck, that also leads to frustration.

There are some real die hard, long term Bears fans on this page who love the Bears and what they stand for. I am one of those, and that passion makes my expectations high sometimes...but that comes with being a real fan IMO. Most of the guys who are talking negative will be the guys going to work tomorrow with their Bears shirts on looking for a fight with a cheeshead or vike that has something to say, lol..... We are angry today, we will be back tomorrow....

Well said!! :bringit

Totally agree. I hate when, after a loss, the next day people are talking s**t, making excuses, and wearing Bears stuff. We lost, morons.

We'll be back next year. Despite a huge draft or free agency for Green Bay or Minnesota, I like our chances next season. It starts with the draft. Get an OG, RT, WR, and DE with our first 4 picks, sign Houshmanzadeh, fire Babich, then hire Marinelli.

Oh i didnt percieve it as an attack at all. I agree, the team had shots all season to take control and they couldnt do it, and it was a combination of personnel mistakes on the field, coaching, and lack of experience in the backups, for once the Bears really cannot blame any certain injury.

Reading this board, you would think the Bears are the ones who went 0-16, not the Lions. When I scrolled back through all of the past 20 or so pages to find the prediction thread, I was actually astonished at the amount of negative posts throughout the entire year, winning week or losing week, it was always the same.

Hello? That is the definition of a Bears fan or any fan for that matter. Go to the Official message board and you'll see 3/4 of pages of negatives before you see any positives.

If going 9-7, winning 3 of our last 4 to stay alive for the playoffs, and finally knowing we'll have a good RB for a long time for the first time in forever is embarrassing, then I can't imagine the word you would use to describe the Lions if you were a fan? That's embarrassing. This is disappointing.

Excellent post.

I understand what you are saying as well, and I get frustrated just like you do watching foolish things happen, and knowing that they could ultimately cost the team and make things a huge tease like this season ended up being.

Its the constant Bears 88 approach to things that drives me crazy. He was one of the worst, but he wasnt the only person to pick a player/front office person/coach to completely hate on, regardless of performance, and actually root for the player to fail so he will not be there to hate anymore. But that always leads to the next whipping boy, and it never actually stops.

The knee jerk "have to win it all in one year" "burn the team to the ground if they lose" im never going to be a fan again-mentality is just overplayed. And not just here, its everywhere. Some things take a little time to develop and perfect.

There was a 4 game swing this year, and last years team was absolutely dreadful. The Bears werent able to overcome too many mistakes, but then again, aside from the Green Bay and Minnesota road games, they were in every game. And honestly they were IN the Minnesota game until halftime and Minnesota blew it open.

I dont know, sometimes its better for me to type out an angry post and let it sit there for a few hours and come back to it and see if thats what I really mean

Hello? That is the definition of a Bears fan or any fan for that matter. Go to the Official message board and you'll see 3/4 of pages of negatives before you see any positives.

So thats what it is to be a Bears fan? To be a constant negative naysayer who never has any faith in his team and constantly bitches? Jeez, I must have missed that flyer. I guess I better go to other forums to learn how to be a bigger crybaby :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying as well, and I get frustrated just like you do watching foolish things happen, and knowing that they could ultimately cost the team and make things a huge tease like this season ended up being.

Its the constant Bears 88 approach to things that drives me crazy. He was one of the worst, but he wasnt the only person to pick a player/front office person/coach to completely hate on, regardless of performance, and actually root for the player to fail so he will not be there to hate anymore. But that always leads to the next whipping boy, and it never actually stops.

The knee jerk "have to win it all in one year" "burn the team to the ground if they lose" im never going to be a fan again-mentality is just overplayed. And not just here, its everywhere. Some things take a little time to develop and perfect.

There was a 4 game swing this year, and last years team was absolutely dreadful. The Bears werent able to overcome too many mistakes, but then again, aside from the Green Bay and Minnesota road games, they were in every game. And honestly they were IN the Minnesota game until halftime and Minnesota blew it open.

I dont know, sometimes its better for me to type out an angry post and let it sit there for a few hours and come back to it and see if thats what I really mean

So thats what it is to be a Bears fan? To be a constant negative naysayer who never has any faith in his team and constantly bitches? Jeez, I must have missed that flyer. I guess I better go to other forums to learn how to be a bigger crybaby :rolleyes:

Alot of fans are quicker to pick out the negatives before the positives, and that is at its best when your talking about Bears/Bulls fans (Don't know or care about the Cubs or Sox). I guess you have a higher tolerance of it than most. +1 for you then!

agree well said. And it's not that we only see the negative there are positives but many of us are too frustrated right now in the heat of the moment to consider those or look for them beyond the obvious ones. I highly doubt any bears fans on this board who are true fans will jump ship over this. Truth be told this team can only blame itself for not deserving to be in the playoffs we had a shot to back into the playoffs with help. I'm sure over the next 24 hours or so after all of us are done venting, and our blood pressure has returned to a safe level, then we'll start looking at the positives and begin thinking and discussing how to turn this team around. It's just that some of us arrive at the silver lining sooner than others. I'm already starting to chill out a little. We all want to see this team perform well and win. Today's loss is more a microcosm of this season and if it was a hard fought game where we came up short it would be different but we have played like this practically all year. It's more how they lost and how this season has gone that is most aggravating.

Sure we could be worse off and be the lions, but for an 0-16 team often time they've shown more heart than the Bears this year but just can't seem to get out of their own way. Shouldn't we expect more?

Good stuff Kyle. I too get frustrated watching the lack of heart on the team (esp defense). But they are my team. And even though I wish Lovie would hold them more accountable for that lazy attitude, I do appreciate he and JA bringing this franchise back from being the laughingstock of the league.

The thing you have to remember about this message board is that alot of people do this just to hear themselves talk or show off their "knowledge". Its fruitless to argue with most and their are some which I have alot of respect for.

agree well said. And it's not that we only see the negative there are positives but many of us are too frustrated right now in the heat of the moment to consider those or look for them beyond the obvious ones. I highly doubt any bears fans on this board who are true fans will jump ship over this. Truth be told this team can only blame itself for not deserving to be in the playoffs we had a shot to back into the playoffs with help. I'm sure over the next 24 hours or so after all of us are done venting, and our blood pressure has returned to a safe level, then we'll start looking at the positives and begin thinking and discussing how to turn this team around. It's just that some of us arrive at the silver lining sooner than others. I'm already starting to chill out a little. We all want to see this team perform well and win. Today's loss is more a microcosm of this season and if it was a hard fought game where we came up short it would be different but we have played like this practically all year. It's more how they lost and how this season has gone that is most aggravating.

Sure we could be worse off and be the lions, but for an 0-16 team often time they've shown more heart than the Bears this year but just can't seem to get out of their own way. Shouldn't we expect more?

Exactly...but I can understand Kyle's frustration. Most of us on here are Bears fans through and through and tend to sound negative at times... This team could have done better this year, but could have done worse. Hopefully we will enjoy better days next year!

If going 9-7, winning 3 of our last 4 to stay alive for the playoffs, and finally knowing we'll have a good RB for a long time for the first time in forever is embarrassing, then I can't imagine the word you would use to describe the Lions if you were a fan? That's embarrassing. This is disappointing.

What was "embarrassing" to me was the effort and the attitude on and off the field.

It was embarrassing to me to be a fan of a team that had a chance to be in the playoffs. Here I am a faithful fan of many years of a team that has a chance to do something special and they just didn't come to play. I can't say anyone looked or played like they wanted it. The guys on the bench were staying off in the daze and completely not into the game every time they were shown on camera.

If they played their hearts out and lost I would be proud to be a fan. Instead they gave nothing and it's embarrassing.

What was "embarrassing" to me was the effort and the attitude on and off the field.

It was embarrassing to me to be a fan of a team that had a chance to be in the playoffs. Here I am a faithful fan of many years of a team that has a chance to do something special and they just didn't come to play. I can't say anyone looked or played like they wanted it. The guys on the bench were staying off in the daze and completely not into the game every time they were shown on camera.

If they played their hearts out and lost I would be proud to be a fan. Instead they gave nothing and it's embarrassing.

Not nearly as emberassing as the Cowboys though. All they had to do was win, no outside help, and all they have done is score 3 points while giving up 44.

What was "embarrassing" to me was the effort and the attitude on and off the field. Off the field? What happened off the field? These guys all continue to say the right things despite everything.

It was embarrassing to me to be a fan of a team that had a chance to be in the playoffs. Here I am a faithful fan of many years of a team that has a chance to do something special Special? What was going to be special? Getting to the playoffs? and they just didn't come to play. I can't say anyone looked or played like they wanted it. The guys on the bench were staying off in the daze and completely not into the game every time they were shown on camera. Yet had they won, it wouldn't of mattered if they looked daze, didn't look dazed, or were dazed, right?

If they played their hearts out and lost I would be proud to be a fan. Instead they gave nothing and it's embarrassing. I can't think of a better organization to be a fan of. Don't like it? Go be a fan of the Pats or Giants. Then you won't have to worry about all these small things. Better yet, the Lions supposedly have a great attitude, there's always room in that sh***y fan base or in that sh***y city.

what effort and attitude was embarrassing off the field? For once, the Bears managed to stay out of the limelight this year. You could complain about urlachers baby mama drama, but that lady causes nothing but trouble. (If Urlacher speaks the wrong way she runs to the Sun times)

This post has been edited by the TalkBears staff to remove objectionable material. TalkBears encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

what effort and attitude was embarrassing off the field? For once, the Bears managed to stay out of the limelight this year. You could complain about urlachers baby mama drama, but that lady causes nothing but trouble. (If Urlacher speaks the wrong way she runs to the Sun times)

Off the field, i meant on the sidelines during the game. They were completely out of it. They seemed to not care.

Arguing disappointment vs embarassment is loser talk. Comparing us to the Lions is just cause enough to know how bad this club performed today.

Seeing us not make the playoffs yet again due to a plethora of reasons is simply crappy.

Ponder that one...

Thank you. Everyone should ponder my post.

Deja Vu -- that first TD that Tillman / Manning gave up to A. Johnson was the same play from the Superbowl TD when Peyton exploited the exact same mistake. One would think the superbowl lesson would have been costly enough not to let that happen again! Terrible execution / schemes / play calling / on both sides of the ball has made this team appear worse than they actually are all season.

Looking to 2009:

Rex will probably be gone so I would love to bring in Cassells to compete with KO. Fire Babich, hire a non-cover 2 DEF Coord! Sign a legit WR (TJH), improve OL and FS via Draft / FA.

Smith one more chance to show that he will not make the same coching mistakes.

Rex will probably be gone so I would love to bring in Cassells to compete with KO. Fire Babich, hire a non-cover 2 DEF Coord! Sign a legit WR (TJH), improve OL and FS via Draft / FA.

Smith one more chance to show that he will not make the same coching mistakes.

The Pats will be able to name their price for Cassell so that option is out, and Lovie is the one implementing the Cover-2 so bringing in another guy doesn't necessarily mean the emphasis on the "Tampa" 2 will be out. More likely, it will continue and a new def coordinator will have to adjust.

Plan for 09:

Draft well - sign a big WR FA.

1. Secondary (best available)

2. DT

3. WR

4. OG

5. DE

6. OG/OT

Im not going to argue whats embarrassing, too many differing opinions and people who go game by game in how they want to read the Bears.

This is a team that exceeded expectations and at the same time fell short of expectations to an entire city, and nobody will be consistent on how they called it before, in the middle, or now.

I'll admit, I called them low at the begining, but I did that on purpose. Everytime I have high expectations, they fail. Now, I can say I don't feel so bad because they did better than I predicted. Call me a sandbagger

Arguing disappointment vs embarassment is loser talk. Comparing us to the Lions is just cause enough to know how bad this club performed today.

Seeing us not make the playoffs yet again due to a plethora of reasons is simply crappy.

Ponder that one...

To say this loss is embarrassing is ridiculous, period. So going 3-1 in our final 4 is embarrassing. LOL. And don't act like we played like absolute s**t today- we lost to a great offense in their place.

To say this loss is embarrassing is ridiculous, period. So going 3-1 in our final 4 is embarrassing. LOL. And don't act like we played like absolute s**t today- we lost to a great offense in their place.

Agreed.

What was embarassing were the losses to Atlanta and Tampa. We win either of those games, we are in the playoffs.

Peace :dabears

You say toMAYto, I say toMAHto... However you want to describe it, I find how we did it beyond unsatisfying.

I never said we played like absolute s&*t. Well, now that I have the opportunity, the D sure did. The rest did OK besdies Manning's ST fumble and the unimaginative offense from the 2nd quarter until the final drive.

We lost to a better team indeed...

C'mon Connor! You sayin' you were tickled pink about this game?

The D was HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stop them from a 90 yard TD drive this game...we're probably in the playoffs!

Agreed.

What was embarassing were the losses to Atlanta and Tampa. We win either of those games, we are in the playoffs.

Peace :dabears