Green Bay hire Capers as DC.

BearSox

Green Bay announced Dom Capers as their new DC. So, it looks like they will be switching to a 3-4 D. Most likely not right away, but they will probably work in the 3-4 as Dom Capers is a 3-4 guy. They will be only the 4th NFC team to run some form of the 3-4. This scares me because I still don't trust Turner, and not sure if he can make adjustments in his schemes to face the 3-4. However, he'll have to as we are going to be facing 7 teams that will be running some form of the 3-4 next year, after not having to facing a single 3-4 team, let alone 3-4 front last year, and only 2 in 2007.

However, luckily for us, Green Bay doesn't have the personal for a 3-4 just yet, and they are going to have to overhaul that defense, mainly the front 7. But when they do get their D organized, they could really stuff a lot of offenses in the NFC because the NFC doesn't really have a true 3-4 team in it, and offenses are just not used to it. The Cards seemed to have gone exclusively to a 3-4 this postseason after gradually switching from a 4-3, and look what they have done to the Falcons, Panthers, and Eagles. The Cowboys also run a 3-4, but their defense sucks so bad right now, it doesn't matter what they run. As for the 49'ers, they are slowly switching to the 3-4 as well.

Green Bay announced Dom Capers as their new DC. So, it looks like they will be switching to a 3-4 D. Most likely not right away, but they will probably work in the 3-4 as Dom Capers is a 3-4 guy. They will be only the 4th NFC team to run some form of the 3-4. This scares me because I still don't trust Turner, and not sure if he can make adjustments in his schemes to face the 3-4. However, he'll have to as we are going to be facing 7 teams that will be running some form of the 3-4 next year, after not having to facing a single 3-4 team, let alone 3-4 front last year, and only 2 in 2007.

However, luckily for us, Green Bay doesn't have the personal for a 3-4 just yet, and they are going to have to overhaul that defense, mainly the front 7. But when they do get their D organized, they could really stuff a lot of offenses in the NFC because the NFC doesn't really have a true 3-4 team in it, and offenses are just not used to it. The Cards seemed to have gone exclusively to a 3-4 this postseason after gradually switching from a 4-3, and look what they have done to the Falcons, Panthers, and Eagles. The Cowboys also run a 3-4, but their defense sucks so bad right now, it doesn't matter what they run. As for the 49'ers, they are slowly switching to the 3-4 as well.

If you go to the packers website you'll find McCarthy stating the packers will run the 3-4 next yr. So I see the packers using the 3-4 right away.

Capers isn't going to be running a 4-3 for a few games and then the 3-4 from what I gather.

If you go to the packers website you'll find McCarthy stating the packers will run the 3-4 next yr. So I see the packers using the 3-4 right away.

Capers isn't going to be running a 4-3 for a few games and then the 3-4 from what I gather.

I don't mean he'd run 4-3 for a game and then switch. I mean that he'd have a 4-3 defenses with many 3-4 fronts being worked in it. A switch from the 4-3 to 3-4 is quite the overhaul and doing so completely would be bad for any team.

I don't mean he'd run 4-3 for a game and then switch. I mean that he'd have a 4-3 defenses with many 3-4 fronts being worked in it. A switch from the 4-3 to 3-4 is quite the overhaul and doing so completely would be bad for any team.

Well if you check out the packers website and read the article it doesn't indicate Capers running anything but a 3-4. like he did when he was DC in Pittsburgh

and Jax and as HC in Carolina. Capers expertise is the 3-4 he's going to be running that D next yr. McCarthy says basically that in the article.

I guess we will agree to disagree on Capers running anything but a 3-4. I guess you and McCarthy would also disagree. As McCarthy hired Capers to run a 3-4 next season and pretty much states just that.

Well if you check out the packers website and read the article it doesn't indicate Capers running anything but a 3-4. like he did when he was DC in Pittsburgh

and Jax and as HC in Carolina. Capers expertise is the 3-4 he's going to be running that D next yr. McCarthy says basically that in the article.

I guess we will agree to disagree on Capers running anything but a 3-4. I guess you and McCarthy would also disagree. As McCarthy hired Capers to run a 3-4 next season and pretty much states just that.

Let them run 3-4. I think we all know that they don't have the personnel to run the 3-4 successfully this year. They don't have depth anywhere in there D at all.

How much do you want to wager, Peppers, if not tagged, will be a GB Packer next year in Capers 3-4 defense.

I bet Capers was thinking about the chance of landing Peppers before he signed his contract.

He might also be thinking about Suggs as option #2 for his 3-4 if pack can't reel in Peppers.

If Green Bay runs a 3-4 then we'll see it more often. That's good thing for us because it will make us better at playing against it. Playing a 3-4 doesn't automatically make you a great defense or everyone would be using it. Arizona went to a 3-4 when Whisenhunt showed up and they used it all season long.