Herman Johnson, LSU

Pixote

If this guy hangs around until the 3rd rd, I would take him in a heart beat. Put Williams at LOT, Place Sinclair next to him at LOG, OK as Center, Place Johnson at ROG, and then grab a ROT in the draft or FA. Problem solved, we have a solid and powerful OL.

Herman Johnson, LSU, One Huge OG prospect, Would look great in a Bears Uniform, IMO.

If this guy hangs around until the 3rd rd, I would take him in a heart beat. Put Williams at LOT, Place Sinclair next to him at LOG, OK as Center, Place Johnson at ROG, and then grab a ROT in the draft or FA. Problem solved, we have a solid and powerful OL.

Herman Johnson, LSU, One Huge OG prospect, Would look great in a Bears Uniform, IMO.

I like it Pix!

How bout this mock:

1-Duke Robinson LG

2-Phil Loadholdt RT

3-Herman Johnson RG

-----------------------------------

3x-Louis Murphy WR

4-Devin Moore RB

5-Brannon Sutherland FB

6-Chris Clemons FS

7-Kyle Moore DE

6 7 380 something I like him too but I seriously doubt Lovie does.

The guy is carrying too much weight for Lovie. He likes them leaner.

Herman Johnson sucks. Like I said in the simulator thread, he'll be lucky to go in the 4th.

Tuesday's practice:

Herman Johnson surprised everyone by measuring in at 6'7, 382 pounds. On the field, he looked every bit of those 382 pounds. He barely moved well and was easily beaten by speed moves.

Wednesday's practice:

The player I was really unimpressed by was Herman "House" Johnson. I'll refrain from discussing his weight (382 pounds) repeatedly, but his footwork is really slow...REALLY slow. Unless I'm exaggerating his footwork problems, I can't see him succeeding in the NFL, especially against some of the quicker tackles in the league.

Both from FF.com.

I'll take my chances with a guy like Andy LeVitre (Oregon State), Trevor Canfield (Cincinnati), or Anthony Parker (Tennessee) as OG's in the 3rd.

Herman Johnson sucks. Like I said in the simulator thread, he'll be lucky to go in the 4th.

Tuesday's practice:

Wednesday's practice:

Both from FF.com.

I'll take my chances with a guy like Andy LeVitre (Oregon State), Trevor Canfield (Cincinnati), or Anthony Parker (Tennessee) as OG's in the 3rd.

This guy is too slow. Put him at nose tackle so all he has to do is clog the middle of the line and he will be great

Well, I wouldn't say that. Before all this came out on how bad he was, many, including myself, figured he'd be successful in a place where they constantly run the ball. Now, I don't know why any team would want him.

We like athletic linemen, mainly guards actually, who can pull and get to the second level. Herman Johnson, while athletic for a guy his size, is not anything we look for in linemen. Duke Robinson fits because he's a road grader who is the best pulling guard in this draft. Johnson is just a gigantic freak who's college success is mainly because of that size.

Tuesday's practice:

Wednesday's practice:

Both from FF.com.

Eh, you don't want Anthony Parker. Don't let the "experts" fool you. The guy sucks. Trust me, I go to Tennessee and haven't missed a game in 3 years. He is awful. Normally, I'd be all about taking some guys from my school, but in this case, not at all.

I like it Pix!

How bout this mock:

1-Duke Robinson LG

2-Phil Loadholdt RT

3-Herman Johnson RG

3x-Louis Murphy WR

4-Devin Moore RB

5-Brannon Sutherland FB

6-Chris Clemons FS

7-Kyle Moore DE

The only players off your list i would want are Robinson, Murphy Loadholdt but not in that order.

I like it Pix!

How bout this mock:

1-Duke Robinson LG

2-Phil Loadholdt RT

3-Herman Johnson RG

3x-Louis Murphy WR

4-Devin Moore RB

5-Brannon Sutherland FB

6-Chris Clemons FS

7-Kyle Moore DE

Robinson better have one great combine because most folks don't have him as a first rd pick.

Loadhodt's stock is going down. I sure wouldn't use a second rd pick on him.

LeVitre is the #1 guard at the present time.

Yes, it appears I have over reacted to the hype for Herman Johnson. If he slips to the 4th or later, I'd still take a flyer on him, but this quote was from an article from a scout at the Senior Bowl on the Chicago Tribune Web Site:

The offensive lines on both Senior Bowl teams were not overly impressive. Among the disappointments: LSU guard Herman Johnson, Oregon center Max Unger and Louisville center Eric Wood.

If a player is that unimpressive at the Senior Bowl with all that is on the line for them, then how will he do in the Pros?

It would appear he would need a lot of work.

Yes, it appears I have over reacted to the hype for Herman Johnson. If he slips to the 4th or later, I'd still take a flyer on him, but this quote was from an article from a scout at the Senior Bowl on the Chicago Tribune Web Site:

If a player is that unimpressive at the Senior Bowl with all that is on the line for them, then how will he do in the Pros?

It would appear he would need a lot of work.

I agree with pix here. I first read the article and liked what I read to begin with. Honestly I have no problem taking a late flyer on him if we don't have any other needs. The problem that I am having is that it does appear that he will need some work in order to succeed in the NFL and I don't think our coaching staff would be the best fit for him. I do like the fact of having a big guy that is great in run blocking.