Some random thoughts

Grouchy Bear

First, I don't know what to make of what was said at the press conferences with Angelo and Lovie after our last game. Also later thru newspaper and radio interviews. Plus toss in with Turner chiming in with his views.

Does it sound like their all on the same page?

I must admit Lovie has some big cajunas to come out and say he will be more of HC/DC, Babich DC/LB , hiring Marinelli DL/assistant HC and Hoke DB. If this does not workout next season ( which I pray it does work ) even with or without some help from FA's or within the Bears Org. lovie is putting his head on the block. I would consider the minimum would be a top 10 Defense a success.

On offense, it seems we have no direction of what we want to establish. Lovie, keeps on saying we will run comming off the bus ( a power running game ) and Turner says he's running a west coast offense ( a way way way distant cousin ).

Do we run to pass or pass to run ? Either way we still need to have a good solid base and that starts with our oline.

We saw some good things from them but it wasn't on a consistent basis thru a whole season, 4qtrs etc.

How many open field blocks were missed on screens or draws let alone just to get out and set up to block. After forte broke the line of scrimmage did you see any olinemen getting ( Beekman mostly ) to the second tier or running down field to scrape off would be tacklers ?( corners, safeties and Lb's get weary of 300# plus Olinemen with a running start ) These are are just some of the small things that were missing.

With that said the packers and lions are going with 3-4 defenses and several teams scheduled next season will use the 3-4.

A year older will they improve ? Hopefully for starts Williams will be a big help, and stay healthy and we address some of our needs.

If your a FA prime QB or WR would you come to the Bears ? Would big bucks and length of contract be your only decision to sign ?

Would chances of winning and opportunity to go to the Super Bowl be considered ? How about health and well being ?

How about your weapons to work with and Olinemen ? If Angelo and Lovie said TRUST ME will get you those things just sign on the dotted line......

First, I don't know what to make of what was said at the press conferences with Angelo and Lovie after our last game. Also later thru newspaper and radio interviews. Plus toss in with Turner chiming in with his views.

Does it sound like their all on the same page?

I must admit Lovie has some big cajunas to come out and say he will be more of HC/DC, Babich DC/LB , hiring Marinelli DL/assistant HC and Hoke DB. If this does not workout next season ( which I pray it does work ) even with or without some help from FA's or within the Bears Org. lovie is putting his head on the block. I would consider the minimum would be a top 10 Defense a success.

On offense, it seems we have no direction of what we want to establish. Lovie, keeps on saying we will run comming off the bus ( a power running game ) and Turner says he's running a west coast offense ( a way way way distant cousin ).

Do we run to pass or pass to run ? Either way we still need to have a good solid base and that starts with our oline.

We saw some good things from them but it wasn't on a consistent basis thru a whole season, 4qtrs etc.

How many open field blocks were missed on screens or draws let alone just to get out and set up to block. After forte broke the line of scrimmage did you see any olinemen getting ( Beekman mostly ) to the second tier or running down field to scrape off would be tacklers ?( corners, safeties and Lb's get weary of 300# plus Olinemen with a running start ) These are are just some of the small things that were missing.

With that said the packers and lions are going with 3-4 defenses and several teams scheduled next season will use the 3-4.

A year older will they improve ? Hopefully for starts Williams will be a big help, and stay healthy and we address some of our needs.

If your a FA prime QB or WR would you come to the Bears ? Would big bucks and length of contract be your only decision to sign ?

Would chances of winning and opportunity to go to the Super Bowl be considered ? How about health and well being ?

How about your weapons to work with and Olinemen ? If Angelo and Lovie said TRUST ME will get you those things just sign on the dotted line......

I see exactly where you are coming from. I can't say that I completely agree but I do at least understand. The fact that we are starting to see more and more teams converting to a 3-4 defense and our coaches have shown to this point the inability to make changes during a game specifically come back from half time. Now some of the teams that are moving to a 3-4 suck. 49ers and Lions. The Lions haven't been competitive for years and are probably at least 3-4 years away still. The 49ers are getting better but I am not sure they have the personnel to run it yet. Just like the Puckers don't have the personnel to run it yet either. I think that a FA QB who loves to throw down field could actually entice one to come over because of Hester. He as shown the ability to get past any defender and provided the QB could hit him with some accuracy that could open the holes even more for Forte. Now I do agree that our Oline has to play better. They played extremely well this past season considering what we all thought. They still weren't all that good but alot better than what we anticipated. Williams is young and hopefully good and Beekman is showing the ability to play as well. Maybe the coaches were right to bench him for his entire rookie year were right so he could learn. However Tait, and Kruetz and St. Clair kinda bother me. I know this is a lot of rambling but hopefully I didn't confuse anyone.

I see exactly where you are coming from. I can't say that I completely agree but I do at least understand. The fact that we are starting to see more and more teams converting to a 3-4 defense and our coaches have shown to this point the inability to make changes during a game specifically come back from half time. Now some of the teams that are moving to a 3-4 suck. 49ers and Lions. The Lions haven't been competitive for years and are probably at least 3-4 years away still. The 49ers are getting better but I am not sure they have the personnel to run it yet. Just like the Puckers don't have the personnel to run it yet either. I think that a FA QB who loves to throw down field could actually entice one to come over because of Hester. He as shown the ability to get past any defender and provided the QB could hit him with some accuracy that could open the holes even more for Forte. Now I do agree that our Oline has to play better. They played extremely well this past season considering what we all thought. They still weren't all that good but alot better than what we anticipated. Williams is young and hopefully good and Beekman is showing the ability to play as well. Maybe the coaches were right to bench him for his entire rookie year were right so he could learn. However Tait, and Kruetz and St. Clair kinda bother me. I know this is a lot of rambling but hopefully I didn't confuse anyone.

Yes, you always confuse me Gary, LOL. :P