My e-mail rant from 12/7/07

madlithuanian

For s's and gigles...I emailed this on 12/7/07 to some fellow Bears fans/friends... I hope all the pictures come through...

Please BEAR with me as I need to vent...

THIS TEAM IS PATHETIC! THE OWNERSHIP IS PATHETIC! THE MANAGEMENT IS PATHETIC! THE COACHING STAFF IS PATHETIC! THE PLAYERS ARE PATHETIC!

There is no heart, no soul. Only the cashing of paychecks and the crushing of fans' hopes.

Until further notice, I will not attend a game the Bears play, in Chicago or elsewhere until I see a coaching change.

Let's see, we have Life-Support-Lovie as head coach...

lovie-smith.bmp

...who can't make halftime adjustments, judge player talent, make correct calls, or get his team motivated. Sounds a lot like...

p1_jauron_getty.jpg

Jauron-a-matron! ...and great D coordinator,

wann3.jpg

..but, shoddy head coach, Wanny! I mean, the guy couldn't even grow a moustache right!

Then, we get the hand-picked Lovie choice of Ron Turner for offensive coordinator....

396342.jpg

Who knows less than a 10 year old with Madden '06 experience. And oddly sounds a lot like...

50_Shoop.JPG

The immortal Shoop-n-poop! Then, Life-Support-Lovie fires the only decent coach on his staff that actually made the defense last year any good...

g_RiveraRon_vt.jpg

...'85 Bear, Chico Rivera! ...and in his place, we get Lovie's good buddy...

w_Babich_vt.jpg

Dave Ba-Bitch! Deer in headlights anyone? Uh, there are other schemes than the cover 2 nimrod. It's NOT WORKING!

So, thanks to this top flight coaching staff, we have some great starters out there giving it 12% of their all...

grossman.jpg

We start with our #1 guy! Sexy Wrexy! Dude can't put 2 good games together if his life depended on it. Although, he can put about 3 games together where he throws numerous picks and fumbles the ball like a 3 year old school girl. Kind of reminds me of...

Cade-McNown---Chicago-Bears-Poster-C1204

Handicapped placard carrying, Cade McClown! another banner draft pick by the Bears' (lack of) brain trust... At least...

chris_chandler_OttoGrueleJr.jpg

...Crystal Chandelier gave us a fighting chance when he was going against Shoop's play calling and not sitting in the hospital. (Was that like 2 games?)

So, you'd think the Bears would have a running game?

John_Belushi_Biography_2.jpg

But NO!!!!!!!!!!

cedric-benson-mugshot.jpg

We get Cedric Bustson. His monstrous yards-per-carry seems to remind me of...

s_enis.jpg

...the ever-so productive, Curtis Enis! Good goin' Bears! You're batting a 1000! And just in case you weren't sure of the perfection...

t1_salaam_all.jpg

Rashaan Salaam makes sure the perfect trifecta of ineptness is complete!

So, what to do?

Please oh please oh please, come home!

Donovan-McNabb-Photograph-C12349037.jpeg

We promise we'll treat you better than Wrex or the Philly fans!

And while we're at it, could we get a GOOD Turner back into town please?

turner_michael2.jpg

So, please Bears... GET YOUR FREAKIN' ACT TOGETHER!

RESTORE THE ROAR!

FIND A PAIR!

http://www.threesources.com/archives/ditka-08.jpg

We fans are waiting...

BEAR DOWN!

Great post, that was funny.

For s's and gigles...I emailed this on 12/7/07 to some fellow Bears fans/friends... I hope all the pictures come through...

Please BEAR with me as I need to vent...

THIS TEAM IS PATHETIC! THE OWNERSHIP IS PATHETIC! THE MANAGEMENT IS PATHETIC! THE COACHING STAFF IS PATHETIC! THE PLAYERS ARE PATHETIC!

There is no heart, no soul. Only the cashing of paychecks and the crushing of fans' hopes.

Until further notice, I will not attend a game the Bears play, in Chicago or elsewhere until I see a coaching change.

Let's see, we have Life-Support-Lovie as head coach...

lovie-smith.bmp

...who can't make halftime adjustments, judge player talent, make correct calls, or get his team motivated. Sounds a lot like...

p1_jauron_getty.jpg

Jauron-a-matron! ...and great D coordinator,

wann3.jpg

..but, shoddy head coach, Wanny! I mean, the guy couldn't even grow a moustache right!

Then, we get the hand-picked Lovie choice of Ron Turner for offensive coordinator....

396342.jpg

Who knows less than a 10 year old with Madden '06 experience. And oddly sounds a lot like...

50_Shoop.JPG

The immortal Shoop-n-poop! Then, Life-Support-Lovie fires the only decent coach on his staff that actually made the defense last year any good...

g_RiveraRon_vt.jpg

...'85 Bear, Chico Rivera! ...and in his place, we get Lovie's good buddy...

w_Babich_vt.jpg

Dave Ba-Bitch! Deer in headlights anyone? Uh, there are other schemes than the cover 2 nimrod. It's NOT WORKING!

So, thanks to this top flight coaching staff, we have some great starters out there giving it 12% of their all...

grossman.jpg

We start with our #1 guy! Sexy Wrexy! Dude can't put 2 good games together if his life depended on it. Although, he can put about 3 games together where he throws numerous picks and fumbles the ball like a 3 year old school girl. Kind of reminds me of...

Cade-McNown---Chicago-Bears-Poster-C1204

Handicapped placard carrying, Cade McClown! another banner draft pick by the Bears' (lack of) brain trust... At least...

chris_chandler_OttoGrueleJr.jpg

...Crystal Chandelier gave us a fighting chance when he was going against Shoop's play calling and not sitting in the hospital. (Was that like 2 games?)

So, you'd think the Bears would have a running game?

John_Belushi_Biography_2.jpg

But NO!!!!!!!!!!

cedric-benson-mugshot.jpg

We get Cedric Bustson. His monstrous yards-per-carry seems to remind me of...

s_enis.jpg

...the ever-so productive, Curtis Enis! Good goin' Bears! You're batting a 1000! And just in case you weren't sure of the perfection...

t1_salaam_all.jpg

Rashaan Salaam makes sure the perfect trifecta of ineptness is complete!

So, what to do?

Please oh please oh please, come home!

Donovan-McNabb-Photograph-C12349037.jpeg

We promise we'll treat you better than Wrex or the Philly fans!

And while we're at it, could we get a GOOD Turner back into town please?

turner_michael2.jpg

So, please Bears... GET YOUR FREAKIN' ACT TOGETHER!

RESTORE THE ROAR!

FIND A PAIR!

http://www.threesources.com/archives/ditka-08.jpg

We fans are waiting...

BEAR DOWN!

I failed to find the humor in it all but I might add if the BEARS are so GOD awful from top to bottom there are 30 other NFL teams .

Go be a Lions fan !!! :headbang :notworthy :rolleyes:

I just love the know it all fans who could be a better owner, a better GM and a better HC.

Go thru a 1 win season (1-13 in 1969) sometime and then you'll have a reason to act like a 13 yr old girl who was refused a new dress.

Guess I take the BEARS a little too serious or am just sick and tired of so called BEARS fans who piss and moan every chance they get

about the BEARS.

Hell I have enough problems trying to run my fantasy football teams. I know I wouldn't be a better owner or GM or coach.

You all have a nice day !!

BEAR DOWN !!!

Sorry you can't see the humor in it...

I'm not sure you get the point... I love the team, so it pains me to see this going on.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with me. I root for no other team than the Bears or whoever is playing Green Bay.

Cannot a fan express frustration? Granted, I never saw the Bears go through the 1969 season as I was only a toddler. But, I've experienced bad years since then for sure. While not as bad as that, granted, still bad.

There's honestly no need to go calling me a 13 year old girl. You sound like you're old enough to express your opinions thoughtfully without resorting to name calling.

I too take them seriously. I guess I just display my dislike for the direction they are going differently than yourself. Maybe you are content as is? That's certainly your call... You may also feel free to dislike anyone that complains about the team. My suggestion, if you don't like to hear complaints, go read the the content on the official team website. You will get the company line and hear pretty much nothing but positive. Usually, the most ardent fans, tend to have more complaints about what is going on, especially when the seasons aren't gong really well as we've experienced for the last 2 years.

I knew I'd get some flack for this...there are definitely some folks, like yourself, that don't like to read any negativity. I thought it would provide some entertainment for many of our posters. I'm sorry you were not one of them.

I think I'd make a horrible coach and probably a well below average GM, but I sure would love the opporunity to be the owner! I guarantee I'd restore the roar! It'll never happen, but, hey, a man can dream...

Good luck with your fantasy teams!

And good day to you, sir!

BEAR DOWN!

I failed to find the humor in it all but I might add if the BEARS are so GOD awful from top to bottom there are 30 other NFL teams .

Go be a Lions fan !!! :headbang :notworthy :rolleyes:

I just love the know it all fans who could be a better owner, a better GM and a better HC.

Go thru a 1 win season (1-13 in 1969) sometime and then you'll have a reason to act like a 13 yr old girl who was refused a new dress.

Guess I take the BEARS a little too serious or am just sick and tired of so called BEARS fans who piss and moan every chance they get

about the BEARS.

Hell I have enough problems trying to run my fantasy football teams. I know I wouldn't be a better owner or GM or coach.

You all have a nice day !!

BEAR DOWN !!!

lol

It might be more that every single post is the same negative drek.

We get it. You hate Lovie and think he is a Zombie.

A zombie that is 45-35 for a .5625 in five years. With a 2-2 playoff record and a super bowl appearance.

If that pains you so much, I can't imagine your pain the previous ten years with Jauron and Wanny. ( 35-45 for a .438 and 41-57 for a .418).

Lovie is not perfect, but he has brought our franchise back into relevance in the NFL instead of the doormat of the league.

danimal,

You must be new. We have some of the best GM's and coaches in the NFL. Just ask them...

lol

A zombie that is 45-35 for a .5625 in five years. With a 2-2 playoff record and a super bowl appearance.

If that pains you so much, I can't imagine your pain the previous ten years with Jauron and Wanny. ( 35-45 for a .438 and 41-57 for a .418).

Lovie is not perfect, but he has brought our franchise back into relevance in the NFL instead of the doormat of the league.

danimal,

You must be new. We have some of the best GM's and coaches in the NFL. Just ask them...

I'm new old and stupid ! and happen to believe Lovie Smith is a good football coach.

Granted he's no Abe Gibron..... :shakehead

Sorry you can't see the humor in it...

I'm not sure you get the point... I love the team, so it pains me to see this going on.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with me. I root for no other team than the Bears or whoever is playing Green Bay.

Cannot a fan express frustration? Granted, I never saw the Bears go through the 1969 season as I was only a toddler. But, I've experienced bad years since then for sure. While not as bad as that, granted, still bad.

There's honestly no need to go calling me a 13 year old girl. You sound like you're old enough to express your opinions thoughtfully without resorting to name calling.

I too take them seriously. I guess I just display my dislike for the direction they are going differently than yourself. Maybe you are content as is? That's certainly your call... You may also feel free to dislike anyone that complains about the team. My suggestion, if you don't like to hear complaints, go read the the content on the official team website. You will get the company line and hear pretty much nothing but positive. Usually, the most ardent fans, tend to have more complaints about what is going on, especially when the seasons aren't gong really well as we've experienced for the last 2 years.

I knew I'd get some flack for this...there are definitely some folks, like yourself, that don't like to read any negativity. I thought it would provide some entertainment for many of our posters. I'm sorry you were not one of them.

I think I'd make a horrible coach and probably a well below average GM, but I sure would love the opporunity to be the owner! I guarantee I'd restore the roar! It'll never happen, but, hey, a man can dream...

Good luck with your fantasy teams!

And good day to you, sir!

BEAR DOWN!

I apologize for 13 yr old girl comment.

I could go an list all the various posts that are not negative, but you only really remember the negative ones. And, there are indeed more. And the surprise of that is...? Something tells me, if we were in the SB vs looking at FA and the draft, we'd be a bit more positive. Go back to 2005, if it were possible given that the bearstalk site got taken down, but you'd see a lot of positive talk...with yes, some negative concerns as well.

Good deal. I'm glad you get it. And I get that you are more satisfied with our situation than I. There are other posters on this board that are more in agreement with myself, and don't get upset about discussing it as such.

Oh, my pain under Wanny and Jauron was far greater. I just didn't have an outlet other than the bar to unload my angst...

Has Smith really brought our franchise back to relevance? When's the last national article that spoke highly of our franchise other than talking about how we lost games because of bone-head mistakes or won because of last minute heroics? No one mentions that Smith coached a great game and made superb adjustments that helped win the game. No, he's not perfect, and no he's not Rod Marinelli etiher. But, I, and many others, want better than pretty good. A SB appearance is, and was nice. But if it's not a win, and there's no growth from it, it is forgettable.

You are correct that we aren't a doormat, but nor do we illicit much fear either...

lol

danimal,