HOF Class 09

flea

I agree they both should be retired this coming year.

They have never retired Singletary's jersey. The Bears have the most retired jerseys in the league. I would say retire Singletary and Hampton because they are both in the Hall. Dent would have to be in the Hall before they consider it.

Peace :dabears

They have never retired Singletary's jersey. The Bears have the most retired jerseys in the league. I would say retire Singletary and Hampton because they are both in the Hall. Dent would have to be in the Hall before they consider it.

IMHO they can't keep retiring jerseys becausse sooner or later they won't have enough for the team roster. This is not college where two guys can wear the same number and play in the game. I forgot what game it was where I saw a guy on offense and one on defense wearing the same number and both were starters.

IMHO they can't keep retiring jerseys becausse sooner or later they won't have enough for the team roster. This is not college where two guys can wear the same number and play in the game. I forgot what game it was where I saw a guy on offense and one on defense wearing the same number and both were starters.

No one has worn Singletary's number since the mid nineties so they may as well retire it but I do agree with you this will become an issue.

I thought they did! That's is a shame! Go w/ the trifecta! Retire all 3!

I'm actually all for it! There are still more than enough number to go around! Whether a couple guys in camp and pre-season have the same number, it doesn't bother me...

I just never recall on the Bears, 2 guys in the regular season having the same number...

Heck, other than the possibility of Urlacher...there's really no one else in remote recent history that would rate high enough to have the jersey retired...

Although, they should retire 89...Ditka's!

No one has worn Singletary's number since the mid nineties so they may as well retire it but I do agree with you this will become an issue.