2-12-09 Mock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Sign Byron Leftwich- 3 years, $13 million.

---Angelo has already been public that he wants a veteran QB in here, Leftwich likes Lovie, and I don't know of another FA QB who could come here.

Sign Mike Goff- 3 years, $19 million.

---Angelo goes out and gets the best OG on the market. Sure, he's 33, but he's still good and is from Illinois, which could play into his decision.

Buh-bye to: Tait, Hillenmeyer, McKie, Vasher, Garza, and Miller.

Re-sign St Clair (1 year, 2 million), Roach (2 years, 1.8 million), and Idonije (3 years, 10 million).

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

---Lovie loves speed and it's been made public the FO likes this guy.

2. Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

---A Cover-2 CB who could make the move to FS.

3. Jason Watkins, RT, Florida

---We need to get a young RT in here to learn from St. Clair and be our RT of the future. Watkins has long arms and is athletic in space.

3. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

---I have no idea why he isn't getting 2nd round attention. He's athletic at 6'5 250 and he led the Big-12 in sacks last year.

4. Andre Brown, RB, NC State

---Big, bruising RB to compliment Forte.

5. Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State

---LB depth incase Roach decides to play like a dumba** in coverage again this year.

6. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

---Power FB who is a good blocker against the pass and run.

7. Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech

---Safety depth.

UDFA:

Louis West, OL, Henderson State

Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma

Cole Popovich, OG, Fresno State

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman

Anthony Scirrotto, S, Penn State

Orton

Leftwich

Hanie

Forte

Brown

Wolfe

Fiammetta

Hester

DHB

Bennett

Davis

Rideau?

Olsen

Clark

Williams

St Clair

West?

St Clair

Watkins

West?

Beekman

Goff

Popovich?

West?

Kreutz

Cooper

Beekman

Ogunleye

Brown

Wiliams

Idonije

Harris

Harrison

Idonije

Adams

Hill?

Dvoracek?

Urlacher

Briggs

Freeman

Roach

Tillman

Byrd

Bowman

Graham

McBride?

Manning

Payne

Steltz

McBath?

Scirrotto?

McGowan?

Worrell?

Thoughts?

(next one will be after the combine)

What exactly has Leftwich done to earn a much fatter paycheck then Orton, who is due to make somewhere over 2 million this season?

We did pay for Griese, but that man had some credentials. Very, very good credentials. Especially with Denver. Leftwich does not.

I'd love to see Leftwich here, but you can't pay your bad/mediocre back-up more then your bad/mediocre starter.

I am starting to feel the DHB hype is a smoke screen. It's a little too much too early. Not that we shouldn't have interest in him as we should with anyone who can actually catch a football it's that the hype is starting to become centered on if he's our 1st Rd pick.

---Angelo has already been public that he wants a veteran QB in here, Leftwich likes Lovie, and I don't know of another FA QB who could come here.

Sign Mike Goff- 3 years, $19 million.

---Angelo goes out and gets the best OG on the market. Sure, he's 33, but he's still good and is from Illinois, which could play into his decision.

Buh-bye to: Tait, Hillenmeyer, McKie, Vasher, Garza, and Miller.

Re-sign St Clair (1 year, 2 million), Roach (2 years, 1.8 million), and Idonije (3 years, 10 million).

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

---Lovie loves speed and it's been made public the FO likes this guy.

2. Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

---A Cover-2 CB who could make the move to FS.

3. Jason Watkins, RT, Florida

---We need to get a young RT in here to learn from St. Clair and be our RT of the future. Watkins has long arms and is athletic in space.

3. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech

---I have no idea why he isn't getting 2nd round attention. He's athletic at 6'5 250 and he led the Big-12 in sacks last year.

4. Andre Brown, RB, NC State

---Big, bruising RB to compliment Forte.

5. Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State

---LB depth incase Roach decides to play like a dumba** in coverage again this year.

6. Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse

---Power FB who is a good blocker against the pass and run.

7. Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech

---Safety depth.

UDFA:

Louis West, OL, Henderson State

Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma

Cole Popovich, OG, Fresno State

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman

Anthony Scirrotto, S, Penn State

BB-

Overall I like your thinking and you seemed to address needs with selecting the best player avaiable and I certianly would like this draft.

Since you are going to be providing mocks on a regular basis I thought it would be cool if you could add a mock with some trades.

The Bears have a history of trading down and I suspect that may be the case again this year. What teams do you see us trading down in the first round with and what extra picks would we likely get in return. Then see what these extra picks might land us if it happened.

I think trading down some in the first would give us some flexibility to get some more help at some critical postions:

- WR/OT/OG

- DE/S/CB/

By the way I like these players and figure they would infuse talent at obviuos lacking positions!

Darrius Heyward-Bey Maryland -WR- 6-3 206 4.40

William Beatty Connecticut -OT- 6-6 306 5.15

Jairus Byrd Oregon -FS/CB- 6-0 205 4.55

Brian Robiskie Ohio St. -WR- 6-3 199 4.50

Paul Kruger Utah -DE- 6-5 265 4.70

Bradley Fletcher -CB/FS- Iowa 6-2 200 4.50

Tony Fiammetta -FB- Syracuse 6-1 235 4.65

Darcel McBath Texas Tech -FS- 6-1 196 4.50

Thanks.

ParkerBear

BB-

Overall I like your thinking and you seemed to address needs with selecting the best player avaiable and I certianly would like this draft.

Since you are going to be providing mocks on a regular basis I thought it would be cool if you could add a mock with some trades.

The Bears have a history of trading down and I suspect that may be the case again this year. What teams do you see us trading down in the first round with and what extra picks would we likely get in return. Then see what these extra picks might land us if it happened.

I think trading down some in the first would give us some flexibility to get some more help at some critical postions:

- WR/OT/OG

- DE/S/CB/

By the way I like these players and figure they would infuse talent at obviuos lacking positions!

Darrius Heyward-Bey Maryland -WR- 6-3 206 4.40

William Beatty Connecticut -OT- 6-6 306 5.15

Jairus Byrd Oregon -FS/CB- 6-0 205 4.55

Brian Robiskie Ohio St. -WR- 6-3 199 4.50

Paul Kruger Utah -DE- 6-5 265 4.70

Bradley Fletcher -CB/FS- Iowa 6-2 200 4.50

Tony Fiammetta -FB- Syracuse 6-1 235 4.65

Darcel McBath Texas Tech -FS- 6-1 196 4.50

Thanks.

ParkerBear

Last time I did that, somebody complained that it's too boring and hard to follow with trades.

Based on JAs history, if you are hearing the Bears like DHB this early, you can scratch his name of your list as a potential target.

I tried to find a list of players the Bears interviewed/worked out last year to see how many of our draftees were officially brough in, but google failed me.

Based on JAs history, if you are hearing the Bears like DHB this early, you can scratch his name of your list as a potential target.

I tried to find a list of players the Bears interviewed/worked out last year to see how many of our draftees were officially brough in, but google failed me.

I remember they brought in Mendenhall, Forte, Otah, Flacco, Williams, Albert, and Clady- I'm not sure if that's it but I could have sworn we brought in those guys.

I can live with that mock, but I think at least for this year we can pass on a CB or at least not a high RD one. Right now we have a decent group that can become better with better D-Line play. Tillman, Graham, Vasher, McBride, Bowman, Manning have all shown flashes and my sleeper to step up this year is Bowman.

Heres my take:

1-Hakeem Nicks WR - He is really starting to grow on me and I think he can become a #1 threat that would complement Hester very well

2-Phil Loadholdt RT - He definately has some work cut out for him in terms of pass blocking, but the Bears can really use a mauler on the right side to open up lanes for Forte.

3-Trevor Canfield G - After Canfield, the next 2-3 best G prospects have had recent knee injuries. If Canfield still available, he'd be too good to pass up.

3bb-David Bruton FS - Has decent speed that Lovie likes and can possibly be insurance behind Atowge when we sign him

4-Phillip Hunt DE - A quick DE that has a knack for getting to the QB

5-Drew Willy QB - Decent size QB, Doesn't make a lot of mistakes, comes out of MAC conference.

6-Herb Donaldson RB - coming out of our far back yard at Western IL, Donaldson is 5-11 220 has good size/speed but played in Div 1-AA. With approx. 1800 yds and 21 TD's he outshined his small division which shows something. This will be JA's small school talent.

7-Travis McCall FB - known for playing as a FB/TE at Bama and he can definately block. He only had 8 carries last year.

I can live with that mock, but I think at least for this year we can pass on a CB or at least not a high RD one. Right now we have a decent group that can become better with better D-Line play. Tillman, Graham, Vasher, McBride, Bowman, Manning have all shown flashes and my sleeper to step up this year is Bowman.

Heres my take:

1-Hakeem Nicks WR - He is really starting to grow on me and I think he can become a #1 threat that would complement Hester very well

I worry about WRs who struggle to get off the line and don't run crisp routes. I think those are absolute necessities--more than a 40 time. From what I've heard those are the knocks on Nicks, so I don't know that I want him to be our #1 pick.

2-Phil Loadholdt RT - He definately has some work cut out for him in terms of pass blocking, but the Bears can really use a mauler on the right side to open up lanes for Forte.

I don't think Angelo can go into the draft without addressing the RT position first. We have a big ? at LT already (back problems are a big red flag for OTs, so I wouldn't go into the season without Williams insurance), and I don't think Angelo should go into the draft without a starting RT on the roster. There really isn't anyone after Loadholt who could come in a start right away, so anyone who wanted him would know they need to trade right in front of the Bears to get him. Then what do we do?

I'd really like to see Angelo pick up a starting quality RT per-draft so we aren't so pigeon-holed with our first 2 picks that we have to reach or pray our guy lasts.