Haynesworth

ostrogoth

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, DT Albert Haynesworth will not re-sign with the Titans before testing the free agent market.

Haynesworth obviously wasn't satisfied with the progress of contract talks, and this news significantly decreases the odds that he will return to the Titans. Perhaps the most disruptive defense player in the NFL the past two seasons, Haynesworth is sure to draw a monster contract on the open market. The Titans would have to match the highest offer now that their exclusive negotiating window is closed

No thanks.

He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, and is seeking a bonus of greater than $32m.

If I could get some form of guarantee (which I can not) that he will play at the same level as this last year, I might then consider the deal, but I just don't see it. He was good two years ago, but it really wasn't until this past season his play went to the premier level, and that was coincidentally in a contract season. I predict he gets fat and happy after signing his new deal, and his new team regrets the decision.

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, DT Albert Haynesworth will not re-sign with the Titans before testing the free agent market.

Haynesworth obviously wasn't satisfied with the progress of contract talks, and this news significantly decreases the odds that he will return to the Titans. Perhaps the most disruptive defense player in the NFL the past two seasons, Haynesworth is sure to draw a monster contract on the open market. The Titans would have to match the highest offer now that their exclusive negotiating window is closed

No thanks.

He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, and is seeking a bonus of greater than $32m.

If I could get some form of guarantee (which I can not) that he will play at the same level as this last year, I might then consider the deal, but I just don't see it. He was good two years ago, but it really wasn't until this past season his play went to the premier level, and that was coincidentally in a contract season. I predict he gets fat and happy after signing his new deal, and his new team regrets the decision.

Agreed, too much money involved!

Not a need for the Bears, to be honest. The interior d-line was well above league-average this past season. Replacing Dvoracek with Adams made it even better, and both Idonije and Marcus Harrison played well in relief.

Haynesworth is an awesome player (when he's on) but we need defensive backs, o-line, wideouts, a pass-rushing DE, and a QB. I'd even rate strongside linebacker and change-of-pace back as bigger needs. Basically, the only position we need less than a DT is a tight end.

I agree with Nfol that he'll go in the tank after visiting the bank with his big bonus. Plus we invested heavily in Harris and we have a promising young second year player in Harrison that I feel we need to develop. You only develop if you play. Then we have all those other needs where we must spend money.

Albert Haynesworth is "definitely on the radar," according to Bucs coach Raheem Morris.

GM Mark Dominik was more reserved, but he wouldn't rule out pursuing Haynesworth. The Bucs have the need, plenty of money under the cap, and are emerging as the clear front-runners.

Not a need for the Bears, to be honest. The interior d-line was well above league-average this past season. Replacing Dvoracek with Adams made it even better, and both Idonije and Marcus Harrison played well in relief.

Haynesworth is an awesome player (when he's on) but we need defensive backs, o-line, wideouts, a pass-rushing DE, and a QB. I'd even rate strongside linebacker and change-of-pace back as bigger needs. Basically, the only position we need less than a DT is a tight end.

I'd say you're in the minority in calling the interior d-line above average. I'd say we need to get one helluva a lot better.

That being said, if we brought in Haynesworth we'd need to dump Tommie. Tommie & Haynesworth together would be a Daniel Snyder move that would sound great in theory, but suck ass in real life. Not to mention, combined they'd be worth 100 million (Tommie signed for 40, Haynesworth will get AT LEAST 60.)

If we don't believe Tommie can return to form, we should make an effort to dump him. Otherwise, we need to play the hand we're dealt.

I'd say you're in the minority in calling the interior d-line above average. I'd say we need to get one helluva a lot better.

That being said, if we brought in Haynesworth we'd need to dump Tommie. Tommie & Haynesworth together would be a Daniel Snyder move that would sound great in theory, but suck ass in real life. Not to mention, combined they'd be worth 100 million (Tommie signed for 40, Haynesworth will get AT LEAST 60.)

If we don't believe Tommie can return to form, we should make an effort to dump him. Otherwise, we need to play the hand we're dealt.

I know I will get grief for this, but by now everyone especially Pix knows I don't care about letting people know what I think.

I understand why you guys all don't want him but if I was JA, I would AT LEAST consider it. I wouldn't give him the kind of money that he is being stated that he wants. By why not at least look at him. After the stomping on the cranium issue people are deservedly pissed off at him and I am still fueming about that incident. He is lucky he didn't get suspended for an entire NFL year. JMO. But just think of what could happen if Tommie and Haynesworth coexisted like a family and it didn't cost us our grand childrens lunch money in the process.

I know I will get grief for this, but by now everyone especially Pix knows I don't care about letting people know what I think.

I understand why you guys all don't want him but if I was JA, I would AT LEAST consider it. I wouldn't give him the kind of money that he is being stated that he wants. By why not at least look at him. After the stomping on the cranium issue people are deservedly pissed off at him and I am still fueming about that incident. He is lucky he didn't get suspended for an entire NFL year. JMO. But just think of what could happen if Tommie and Haynesworth coexisted like a family and it didn't cost us our grand childrens lunch money in the process.

No grief here. Haynesworth is a double edged sword. I think at minimum, he is still a very good player. He would be a perfect fit on our DL, instantly making ours DE's better. I wanted our money spent on Gross, Peppers, Suggs or Asomugha, but none of that will happen now. I really would like to see some cash spent on a difference maker. I would not be upset at this point if it were Haynesworth. We would still have some left for OL and maybe Houshmandzadeh.

No grief here. Haynesworth is a double edged sword. I think at minimum, he is still a very good player. He would be a perfect fit on our DL, instantly making ours DE's better. I wanted our money spent on Gross, Peppers, Suggs or Asomugha, but none of that will happen now. I really would like to see some cash spent on a difference maker. I would not be upset at this point if it were Haynesworth. We would still have some left for OL and maybe Houshmandzadeh.

I know that right now we have near $32 mil available but I don't think we can get both Haynesworth and Housh and the Barnes but I don't think that will be possibly. Housh and haynes are going to want to mega money.

I know that right now we have near $32 mil available but I don't think we can get both Haynesworth and Housh and the Barnes but I don't think that will be possibly. Housh and haynes are going to want to mega money.

Yeah, that was just best case scenario. I'm just looking forward to something big to happen. We have too much money not to be players. Combine that with not having many players to extend, we could spend like drunken sailors. We both know it's not JA's style though.

Yeah, that was just best case scenario. I'm just looking forward to something big to happen. We have too much money not to be players. Combine that with not having many players to extend, we could spend like drunken sailors. We both know it's not JA's style though.

Good point JA doesn't like FA for some reason.