Urlachers Reaction

DABEARSDABOMB

I've heard that in Chicago there is a growing consensus that Urlacher hasn't exactly been overly excited about the move. Apparently on WSCR, Urlacher has been getting blasted for comments he made today. I've heard the comments he made on ESPN Radio and he definately didn't sound overly optmistic but he also didn't sound negative.

Does anyone think this is going to be an issue? I know I've been pretty open on the fact that I'm 1000% behind Cutler. I'd give him a 100M extension right now if I had to. The guy is badass, I wanted him in the draft that year and I love his gunslinging attitude, overall abilities and his stats (including how freaking good he's been in the 4th quarter). The guys stats in his first three years are on par with every great NFL QB too.

I hope we find out quickly because the last thing I want to see is Urlacher getting but-hurt as he is a leader whose opinion has a lot of weight with the team. I think Cutler should be welcomed with open arms and I would expect our defensive players to be freakin thrilled that the potential is there for the Bears to have a top of the line offense.

I've heard that in Chicago there is a growing consensus that Urlacher hasn't exactly been overly excited about the move. Apparently on WSCR, Urlacher has been getting blasted for comments he made today. I've heard the comments he made on ESPN Radio and he definately didn't sound overly optmistic but he also didn't sound negative.

Does anyone think this is going to be an issue? I know I've been pretty open on the fact that I'm 1000% behind Cutler. I'd give him a 100M extension right now if I had to. The guy is badass, I wanted him in the draft that year and I love his gunslinging attitude, overall abilities and his stats (including how freaking good he's been in the 4th quarter). The guys stats in his first three years are on par with every great NFL QB too.

I hope we find out quickly because the last thing I want to see is Urlacher getting but-hurt as he is a leader whose opinion has a lot of weight with the team. I think Cutler should be welcomed with open arms and I would expect our defensive players to be freakin thrilled that the potential is there for the Bears to have a top of the line offense.

I think that Url better get on the Cutler bandwagon or he might not be here for very much longer.

Its pretty clear who JA has handed the keys to the organization to. JA is not going to let locker room politics ruin his chance for his next contract.

Thankfully we know Urlacher isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. His comments usually are synonomous with the old "Frankenstein, Tarzan, and Tonto" skits of SNL past...

I honestly don't think it'll be an issue.

What ticks me off is the comments saying "I guess we got better as a team". Wth? Are you serious?! Of course we got better as a team. We got rid of a mediocre OKAY quarterback for a Pro Bowl Highly Talented Quarterback that you can build your offense around for the next 5-8 years.

I think that Url better get on the Cutler bandwagon or he might not be here for very much longer.

Its pretty clear who JA has handed the keys to the organization to. JA is not going to let locker room politics ruin his chance for his next contract.

If Cutler continues his progression, he's a hall of fame QB and that alone will let me hand JA a lifetime contract, LOL. I was always one of JA's biggest supporters but I was quite upset with the way the off-season was going and all has changed. I still question Lovie but as a whole like Lovie and hope he can do it. I also know if he doesn't, having Cutler and the other players on this team will make the Bears the most attractive coaching destination out there and with Gruden/Shanny/Cowher all out there I know the Bears can get one of those guys (My top guy would probably be Gruden because he could come in and be the coach for 10 years but Shanny would be very close given his relationship with Cutler). In fact I think a Shanny/JA combo would work phenomanly, no one knows offense like Shanny and Angelo clearly has an eye for defensive talent so the overall combination would be tremendous. Plus Shanny is such a big name you could bring in whomever to control the D and would never have any major issues with the head coach being scared for his job because you have a big name DC.

Great points!

The JA / Ratahan combo would be quite interesting...and really something we've not seen, at least as far as I can recall. An offensive minded HC...

But, I'm willing to give Smith a chance to drive the car. Maybe he can see the errors in his ways, and grow as a HC. However, I'll be more than happy to pull his licence if he f's up the car or can't get it out of first gear!

If Cutler continues his progression, he's a hall of fame QB and that alone will let me hand JA a lifetime contract, LOL. I was always one of JA's biggest supporters but I was quite upset with the way the off-season was going and all has changed. I still question Lovie but as a whole like Lovie and hope he can do it. I also know if he doesn't, having Cutler and the other players on this team will make the Bears the most attractive coaching destination out there and with Gruden/Shanny/Cowher all out there I know the Bears can get one of those guys (My top guy would probably be Gruden because he could come in and be the coach for 10 years but Shanny would be very close given his relationship with Cutler). In fact I think a Shanny/JA combo would work phenomanly, no one knows offense like Shanny and Angelo clearly has an eye for defensive talent so the overall combination would be tremendous. Plus Shanny is such a big name you could bring in whomever to control the D and would never have any major issues with the head coach being scared for his job because you have a big name DC.

The Bears as an offense first team?! Now that would take a bit to get used to, but I would like to have that option for once.

We all know Urlachers comments, now lets look at Hesters, which are exactly what I expect to hear:

Receiver Devin Hester discussed Cutler on Sporting News radio's Monty Show.

"I feel like [general manager Jerry Angelo] and those guys are really making big steps. They're doing whatever it takes," Hester said. "They're shocking me because they're making big moves and things that you know we've been striving for to get back to being a Super Bowl team. The moves that they're making are incredible."

I think Jay is a great quarterback," Hester said. "I've watched the film on him, I've played against him and, you know, just hearing rumors around that he throws some of the most incredible passes.

"… I'm looking forward to playing with him this year and I think he's going to come out and shock the world."

What ticks me off is the comments saying "I guess we got better as a team". Wth? Are you serious?! Of course we got better as a team. We got rid of a mediocre OKAY quarterback for a Pro Bowl Highly Talented Quarterback that you can build your offense around for the next 5-8 years.

He was trying not to be a dick to Kyle....

Gotta love Devin! He always seems like the nicest guy... Not a sharp knife, either, but comes off very nice.

Ya, I put him and Urlacher in the same range in terms of smarts, but Hester comes off as a nice guy and for that you got to love him. Urlacher comes off more as a jerk for whatever reason.

I competley agree!

I love both...but Urlacher has been an off field disappointment, not detriment as far as legal issues, etc...he's just not as good of a representative as I think many would have hoped.

Ya, I put him and Urlacher in the same range in terms of smarts, but Hester comes off as a nice guy and for that you got to love him. Urlacher comes off more as a jerk for whatever reason.

I appreciate what Kyle Orton did for us last year. I mean, you might have your own opinions of him but the guy was tough as nails. He didn't have to come back early from his injury, but he did because he knew he had to if we had any shot at getting to the playoffs. I have been on record of saying I wouldn't mind Kyle as our starter next year because I believe he can be on a championship team as it's QB but he's not going to be a stat stuffer like Cutler is and he doesn't have that accuracy down field either. I feel great that we have Cutler but at the same time I'm sad for Kyle because he seemed like a great guy and I could see why his teammates were sad to see him go. I wish him the best in Denver.