Any have Kiper on Cutler Article?

butkusrules

This week, Jay Cutler's moaning has distracted Mel Kiper Jr. from his usual draft content. "Talk about whining and complaining -- this is at the top of the list," Kiper says.

Cutler's complaining came about because the Denver Broncos tried to trade Cutler in a three-team deal that would have brought over Matt Cassel from New England. But when the trade fell through, Cutler started to complain.

Kiper says Cassel would have been an "upgrade" over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

"[Cutler] throws one pass, he's a Hall of Famer," Kiper says. "I've seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I've been hearing this overhype.

"This guy was overhyped at the combine, he was overhyped at Senior Bowl week, he's been overhyped before he was drafted. The media, they love Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler can do no wrong. I've been saying he's overrated since day one. Everyone's been pounding their chests saying, 'Oh, I love Jay Cutler, I'm a genius.' They have egg on their face now."

Kiper points out that Cutler has yet to lead the Broncos to a winning record or a playoff appearance. Also, Kiper says, "[Cutler] makes throws that leave you scratching your head, which I said on draft day when he was picked. Yeah, he's got a strong arm, but my daughter knew he had a strong arm. She could've written that report."

Kiper compares Cutler to Jeff George. "Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career," Kiper says. "So I'm just telling you, this is ridiculous."

Also, Cutler once said he had a better arm than John Elway. Not surprisingly, Kiper isn't a big fan of that comment, either. "So what? Who cares? Why would you make a comparison to John Elway? That could be taken like you're in a position to critique the quarterback that is a legend."

Maybe, but when did Jeff George "in his prime" have a chance to play for his childhood team and benifit from the commitment to special teams and Defence AND a running game that Jay is gonna get?

It takes All that. Just like Jay said in his interview. it takes offense, defense, special teams and great coaching. We will get to find out about our coaches but now we finally will have an offense I believe. A QB like this with a young RB like we have, and the support that I choose to believe is above average will result in OUR BEARS having what has for so long been missing or inttermittant.

I have confidence our coaches and GM can ressurect our Defence.

Our special teams is second to none.

The coaches get to prove themselves this year with some brand new, re-motivated horses to execute the gameplan and vision.

I can't wait to watch it develop!

Maybe, but when did Jeff George "in his prime" have a chance to play for his childhood team and benifit from the commitment to special teams and Defence AND a running game that Jay is gonna get?

It takes All that. Just like Jay said in his interview. it takes offense, defense, special teams and great coaching. We will get to find out about our coaches but now we finally will have an offense I believe. A QB like this with a young RB like we have, and the support that I choose to believe is above average will result in OUR BEARS having what has for so long been missing or inttermittant.

I have confidence our coaches and GM can ressurect our Defence.

Our special teams is second to none.

The coaches get to prove themselves this year with some brand new, re-motivated horses to execute the gameplan and vision.

I can't wait to watch it develop!

I am just dying to know what kinda offense we could have with some real WR's for Cutler to throw to. Andre Johnson and Brandan Marshall. lol. I can always dream right.

When I heard Cutler make this comment, It got me thinking about what Lovie says all the time. "It take 4 phases of the game to be successfull" "offense, defense, special teams, and the 4th phase the fans" What about coaching Lovie??? Oh thats right, you don't coach during the game, you just look confused and tongue tied watching the jumbo screen during games. Hopefully now that he will be coorinating the D, coaching will become the 5th Phase.

When I heard Cutler make this comment, It got me thinking about what Lovie says all the time. "It take 4 phases of the game to be successfull" "offense, defense, special teams, and the 4th phase the fans" What about coaching Lovie??? Oh thats right, you don't coach during the game, you just look confused and tongue tied watching the jumbo screen during games. Hopefully now that he will be coorinating the D, coaching will become the 5th Phase.

Anybody see that article in the weekend trib where Cutlers says he is "100%" sure he will make earl bennet productive? That was a strong statement-and the type leaders say?

Anybody see that article in the weekend trib where Cutlers says he is "100%" sure he will make earl bennet productive? That was a strong statement-and the type leaders say?

here it is

Much has been made about the Bears' lack of weapons at wide receiver, and certainly the team needs improvement. The team still has a second-round pick, and it should be used on a wide receiver. But rookies can't be counted on for immediate impact. The Bears learned that last year when third-rounder Earl Bennett never saw the light of day. Bennett is a close friend of Cutler from their days at Vanderbilt. Cutler values the receiver so much, he went back to his old school for Bennett's pro day before the draft last year so the receiver had a chance to show off his stuff.

''I know what Earl is capable of doing, and I will be able to get it out of him,'' Cutler said. ''I am 100 percent sure of that. That is not going to be a problem. You are obviously going to see a different receiver this year because I think everyone is a little down on him right now.''

Nothing wrong with creating big expectations.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mully05.article

here it is

Much has been made about the Bears' lack of weapons at wide receiver, and certainly the team needs improvement. The team still has a second-round pick, and it should be used on a wide receiver. But rookies can't be counted on for immediate impact. The Bears learned that last year when third-rounder Earl Bennett never saw the light of day. Bennett is a close friend of Cutler from their days at Vanderbilt. Cutler values the receiver so much, he went back to his old school for Bennett's pro day before the draft last year so the receiver had a chance to show off his stuff.

''I know what Earl is capable of doing, and I will be able to get it out of him,'' Cutler said. ''I am 100 percent sure of that. That is not going to be a problem. You are obviously going to see a different receiver this year because I think everyone is a little down on him right now.''

Cutler has said nothing but the right thing since becoming a Bear, but I hope this doesn't put added pressure on Bennett. He needs to have his face firmly planted on the Bears playbook this off-season.

To me this is just showing support for Earl as his new teammate, his old teammate, and friend. How can anyone fret about that? I like that.

Kiper says what he wants and he doesnt have to be right. He said that Cedric Benson was the best back in his draft and the Bears were not going to have to worry about possible issues, and that they were set with their franchise back that they havent had since Payton. And we all know how that went