McShay's New 7 Round Mock Draft

dawhizz

I won't post the whole thing, because I think it's probably frowned upon, but you can find it various places if you look hard enough even if you don't have ESPN Insider. Here's the Bears picks:

17. (49) Chicago Bears Derrick Williams WR Penn State

35. (99) Chicago Bears (Compensatory) Corvey Irvin DT Georgia

19. (119) Chicago Bears Captain Munnerlyn* DB South Carolina

4. (140) Chicago Bears (from Denver through Seattle) Courtney Greene SS Rutgers

18. (154) Chicago Bears Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas

17. (190) Chicago Bears Joel Bell OT Furman

37. (246) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Mortty Ivy OLB West Virginia

42. (251) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Phillip Hunt DE Houston

I'm quite certain I would throw up on someone if that were our draft. Especially strange is how he has the WRs going:

22. Minnesota Vikings (10-6): Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

26. Baltimore Ravens (11-5): Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

27. Indianapolis Colts (12-4): Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

29. New York Giants (12-4): Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

12. (44) Miami Dolphins (from Washington) Mohamed Massaquoi WR Georgia

20. (52) New York Jets Brandon Tate WR North Carolina

2. (66) St. Louis Rams Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State

8. (72) Jacksonville Jaguars Pat White WR West Virginia

21. (85) Philadelphia Eagles Brooks Foster WR North Carolina

32. (96) Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Thomas WR Arizona

1. (101) Dallas Cowboys (from Detroit) Louis Murphy WR Florida

11. (111) San Francisco 49ers Kenny McKinley WR South Carolina

28. (128) Carolina Panthers Demetrius Byrd WR LSU

33. (133) San Diego Chargers (Compensatory) Jarett Dillard WR Rice

2. (138) St. Louis Rams Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma

19. (155) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sammie Stroughter WR Oregon State

21. (157) Philadelphia Eagles Brandon Gibson WR Washington State

34. (170) New England Patriots (Compensatory) Johnnie Knox WR Abilene Christian

2. (175) Kansas City Chiefs Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly

4. (177) Cleveland Browns Tiquan Underwood WR Rutgers

25. (198) Baltimore Ravens Deon Butler WR Penn State

33. (206) Tennessee Titans (compensatory) Austin Collie WR BYU

35. (208) Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) Mike Wallace WR Mississippi

6. (215) Cincinnati Bengals Quan Cosby WR Texas

11. (220) Buffalo Bills Andrew Means WR Indiana

31. (240) Arizona Cardinals Darius Passmore WR Marshall

36. (245) Seattle Seahawks (compensatory) Brian Hartline WR Ohio State

46. (255) Detroit Lions (compensatory) Marko Mitchell WR Nevada

So, you're telling me a WR-starved team like the Bears could end up with Robiskie and Iglesias or Barden, and we come out of the draft with Derrick Williams? :blink:

Here's how the draft could have gone, using McShay's template:

2. Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State

3. Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech

4. Mitch King, DE, Iowa

5a. Jason Watkins, OT, Florida

5b. Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly

6. Gerald McRath, LB, Southern Miss

7a. CB

7b. Whatever

I won't post the whole thing, because I think it's probably frowned upon, but you can find it various places if you look hard enough even if you don't have ESPN Insider. Here's the Bears picks:

35. (99) Chicago Bears (Compensatory) Corvey Irvin DT Georgia

19. (119) Chicago Bears Captain Munnerlyn* DB South Carolina

4. (140) Chicago Bears (from Denver through Seattle) Courtney Greene SS Rutgers

18. (154) Chicago Bears Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas

17. (190) Chicago Bears Joel Bell OT Furman

37. (246) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Mortty Ivy OLB West Virginia

42. (251) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Phillip Hunt DE Houston

I like Luigs, Bell, and Hunt. However, there is no f***ing way Hunt is there that late.

While you guys know (especially Stinger ;) ) I think DT is a need, but not that far up. I think we just need depth, unless a DT with great value is there with our 3rd or 4th, and Irvin isn't that. Not a huge Munnerlyn fan though.

Horrible.

Williams over Robiskie=barf

Great, another 3-tech rather than the NT we could use. Even then, taking a DT before FS, DE, OL, LB, FB, CB, is retarded.

Another ten yard, mini-me cb, sweet.

A SS rather than the Fs we need, stupid.

Cool with Luigs, but would MUCH rather have one of the many more versatile athletes to bring in behind our current group.

Love Joel Bell, absolutely love the kid.

Mortty is one of those guys who plays much faster than he times, and is pretty good in coverage. Wouldn't mind him at all this late. It would be nice to have that SLB who can cover TEs like Lovie wants to do, rather than peel the SS off to do so.

I'd be very pleased with Hunt. Speaking of undersized rush DEs, Stryker is a UDFA according to Todd, and I would snatch him up in a second with either seventh. Love me some Sulak.

Sheesh, everybody gets too damn uptight about the damn mock drafts. First everyone was pissed they had us taking Massaquoi, and now according to this, Massaquoi's already gone.

I know lots of people on here want Robiskie, but most experts tend to agree that he has a "low ceiling." Ron Turner wants WR's who can stretch the field and be a home run threat. Robiskie's doesn't offer that. So I agree we won't take him.

And as for the defensive tackle in round 3, would that REALLY surprise anyone? In the past 4 drafts JA has taken Tommie (#1), Tank (#2) Dusty (#3) and Harrison (#4 . . . or was he in the 3rd. I forget.)

Although realistically, based on McShay's mock, I see us trading down if this is how things play out. How many times did we trade down last year?

Damn I love the draft.

Sheesh, everybody gets too damn uptight about the damn mock drafts. First everyone was pissed they had us taking Massaquoi, and now according to this, Massaquoi's already gone.

I know lots of people on here want Robiskie, but most experts tend to agree that he has a "low ceiling." Ron Turner wants WR's who can stretch the field and be a home run threat. Robiskie's doesn't offer that. So I agree we won't take him.

And as for the defensive tackle in round 3, would that REALLY surprise anyone? In the past 4 drafts JA has taken Tommie (#1), Tank (#2) Dusty (#3) and Harrison (#4 . . . or was he in the 3rd. I forget.)

Although realistically, based on McShay's mock, I see us trading down if this is how things play out. How many times did we trade down last year?

Damn I love the draft.

And all the experts will also tell you that Rob is about two years more advanced in his knowledge of the position compared to the other guys in this class. Screw stretching the field, we already have Devin for that, and BTW if Rob had a QB who could consistently hit him deep, his 20+ catch numbers would have been MUCH better. We need a flanker for Devin, someone who can run good routes, get consistent separation, and catch the ball. I'm not saying I only want us to aim for a possession guy, but I think Rob gives us AT LEAST that with plenty of room to develop. Sure, his ceiling is lower than some guys, but that's because his house' basement is basically his first floor, unlike the vast majority of rookie WRs. What you expect from him is someone who you don't have to spend forever coaching up, which means a bigger impact right off the bat.

And all the experts will also tell you that Rob is about two years more advanced in his knowledge of the position compared to the other guys in this class. Screw stretching the field, we already have Devin for that, and BTW if Rob had a QB who could consistently hit him deep, his 20+ catch numbers would have been MUCH better. We need a flanker for Devin, someone who can run good routes, get consistent separation, and catch the ball. I'm not saying I only want us to aim for a possession guy, but I think Rob gives us AT LEAST that with plenty of room to develop. Sure, his ceiling is lower than some guys, but that's because his house' basement is basically his first floor, unlike the vast majority of rookie WRs. What you expect from him is someone who you don't have to spend forever coaching up, which means a bigger impact right off the bat.

Right, I know Turner wants a vertical threat, but he already has one. He needs somebody who can go over the middle. Plus, remember how Angelo said that whichever receiver they pick needs to be able to step in and contribute immediately? Outside of Hakeem Nicks and the other Tarheel receivers (because they basically ran a complete NFL route tree at UNC) no wideout in this draft offers better immediate impact than Robiskie.

Ideally, I'd like to see us get somebody like Robiskie early, then spend a 5th-to-7th-rounder on Brandon Tate. Between his knee and the fact that he tested positive for weed at the Combine, he's going to drop like a rock: he's still got tons of experience in a pro-style offense, though, and before he got hurt, people in the ACC were saying he was a bigger threat than Nicks. He could end up being a massive steal.

Right, I know Turner wants a vertical threat, but he already has one. He needs somebody who can go over the middle. Plus, remember how Angelo said that whichever receiver they pick needs to be able to step in and contribute immediately? Outside of Hakeem Nicks and the other Tarheel receivers (because they basically ran a complete NFL route tree at UNC) no wideout in this draft offers better immediate impact than Robiskie.

Ideally, I'd like to see us get somebody like Robiskie early, then spend a 5th-to-7th-rounder on Brandon Tate. Between his knee and the fact that he tested positive for weed at the Combine, he's going to drop like a rock: he's still got tons of experience in a pro-style offense, though, and before he got hurt, people in the ACC were saying he was a bigger threat than Nicks. He could end up being a massive steal.

I think Rob will be gone, and probably the most ready to contribute right away Wr in the draft. I dont care if it is WhoEver from Whereever U as long as we get a WR that can contribute in some capicity right away no matter what all the draft experts think of that receiver. I think with Cutler here, we have a better chance of a WR being productive, even as a rookie.