Still a piece missing

Wesson44

I just feel having a big vet WR in the red zone would also benefit Olsen as well. Keeping Olsen inside would force either a LB or safety to cover him and a Vet WR like Jurevicious should still be able fight off the jams and physically fight for the ball if left one on one with a corner.

I think you're right here. If we're in the red zone throwing the ball and we line Hester and Bennett/Iglesias up on the outside, defenses are going to be able to jam them at the line and focus coverage on Olsen or Clark. We need a tall wideout who can grab a jump ball, in addition to our red zone targets at TE. I still think Brandon Rideau can be that guy, though - he might not be an every-down wideout, but he looked ridiculous inside the 20-yard line last preseason. He should at least get a shot to do that during the regular season.

If that is true It really could help on getting off jams, Collinsworth was never fast but man that cat could get space and his route running was excellant. Maybe we could talk to Swann and Stallworth to come in help as well? (wishing)

Grizz -

I was only joking about CC.

I'm with you...and I think Joe Jurevicius would be a great addition for probably a bargain. He's a good portion why TB won that SB against the Chokeland Faders.

Oh yeah, and he's Lithuanian too! ;) More appropriately pronounced "YUR-EH-VIH-CHUS" by the Lith's...

Look guys I liked Jurevicius coming out of Penn State and thought he did help Tampa in the Super Bowl in 2001. How old was Joe J then? Its 8 years later and quite a few injuries accumulated by Joe. He also has some family concerns that may be more important than football. We tried to bring in veterans last season with Booker and Lloyd and as soon as they got injured they basically shut it down. Thats how some veterans in the NFL act. They know that this is a business so they start to go into survival mode.

Jets talking to Plaxico. What if we still could get Plaxico Buress to sign with us would we be a better team? IMHO we just need a big body type with the size of Plax for Cutler to throw two.We have a lot of 6 ft guys who can't be used in the red zone with the fade routes.Olsen is the main option. We also have the 6'7 TE Davis but we never use him or the 6'4 Ridaeu. With what we drafted on the defensive side of the ball we should be a better team on D so it will give us more chances to score. With the addition of Plax it gives us bigger targets and creates mismatches all over the field

I think we are set at WR. I would have rather had a vet come in, but it looks as if we are standing pat.

On the other hand, we still need to address the free safety position. Hopefully, we swing something before training camp.