Could be an interesting Offense in 2009

Pixote

We have a QUARTERBACK. Yes, it is hard to believe.

We have upgraded our OL to protect this excellent MOBILE Quarterback.

Forte average ypc will benefit immensely as teams will not be able to stack the "Box"

Forte is an excellent receiver as well.

Greg Olsen will be HUGE as a target for Cutler, Clark & K Davis will also contribute.

Cutler's buddy E Bennett should have an excellent year.

Cutler to Hester connection should be very exciting, Cutler can hit him on those deep routes.

Then I read this from FootBallGuys.com:

Source: Vaughn McClure, Chicago Tribune

Vaughn McClure from the Chicago Tribune reports the first player Lovie Smith mentioned as a Saturday standout was speedy receiver Johnny Knox, the fifth-round pick from Abilene Christian. Knox looked comfortable working out of the slot, although he is not accustomed to it.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Everyone loves the "from Arena League to the NFL" story of Rashied Davis, but the Bears are going to see if the talented rookie can unseat the hard working veteran. Knox displayed amazing body control at the Texas v The Nation practices, and can adjust to even the most poorly thrown pass. He is an interesting sleeper prospect that could go from unknown to the Pro Bowl in a few seasons.

Source: Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Arlington Heights Daily Herald reports that since wide receiver is considered a Bears weakness, the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Iglesias will have a chance to contribute immediately, unlike last year's third-round pick, wide receiver Earl Bennett, who failed to catch a pass all season.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Iglesias has a fearless nature that shows when he's running routes over the middle or returning punts and kicks. He is more quick than fast, but is a crisp route runner. Bears WR coach Darryl Drake said, "We may accelerate (Iglesias') progress a little." The Bears will surely be a more prolific passing team in 2009, and it will be interesting to see who emerges as favorite targets for Jay Cutler.

Then you add in our sleeper WR from the 7th Rd.

This could be very interesting!!!!!!

We have a QUARTERBACK. Yes, it is hard to believe.

We have upgraded our OL to protect this excellent MOBILE Quarterback.

Forte average ypc will benefit immensely as teams will not be able to stack the "Box"

Forte is an excellent receiver as well.

Greg Olsen will be HUGE as a target for Cutler, Clark & K Davis will also contribute.

Cutler's buddy E Bennett should have an excellent year.

Cutler to Hester connection should be very exciting, Cutler can hit him on those deep routes.

Then I read this from FootBallGuys.com:

Then you add in our sleeper WR from the 7th Rd.

This could be very interesting!!!!!!

Your right. The pre season I think could be a big factor as to determine who the #1 guy will be. I think we all agree that Hester isn't a #1 WR but then again we don't have a #1 WR on this team although I think Knox/Iggy has the potential to develop into a #1. I think Hester could be a great #2/#3 if he can learn to catch better. I am not so hard on him about his route running because that he steadily improved because it seems like he is trying really hard to be that #1 WR.

I agree about Hester. He does a lot of body catching to me and not with the hands. Most number one guys snatch the ball out the air.

The other thing I want to say is that maybe we need to make it easier for WRs to get on the field as rookies. I have yet to see this happen under Turner. The fact that we have a QB from day one of OTAs that is the undisputed starter may help this cause. He can lobby for who he develops a rapport with. Thats why I like Bennett's chances. I would compare this favorably to if Donovan McNabb had gotten to play with Kevin Johnson early in his career. They were together at Syracuse.

Im thinking Hester and Bennett will end up being the starters with Iglesias as the slot reciever. Knox will come in and be a Hester like in 2007. Im really rooting for Kinder to make the team but I think we will be stuck with atleast 1 more season of Rashied Davis just to have a veteran in the mix.

Im thinking Hester and Bennett will end up being the starters with Iglesias as the slot reciever. Knox will come in and be a Hester like in 2007. Im really rooting for Kinder to make the team but I think we will be stuck with atleast 1 more season of Rashied Davis just to have a veteran in the mix.

IMHO I thinkg if it were up to me I would put Iglesias/Kinder on one side and Hester/Rideau in the other. With Bennett/Davis/Knox in the slot. But with this we might cut Davis and keep the other six. That give us speed Hester/knox/Iglesias and move the chains guys with Kinder/Rideau/Bennett. Not to mentio Olsen,Clark and Forte in the mix too

Iglesias is not a speed guy. In fact, that was probably the top knock on him. While he does have quickness, he lacks speed. He is very much a chain mover. Think Bobby Engram w/ a bit more size.

IMHO I thinkg if it were up to me I would put Iglesias/Kinder on one side and Hester/Rideau in the other. With Bennett/Davis/Knox in the slot. But with this we might cut Davis and keep the other six. That give us speed Hester/knox/Iglesias and move the chains guys with Kinder/Rideau/Bennett. Not to mentio Olsen,Clark and Forte in the mix too