Hater Therapy

lemonej

Mad L got me to the podium as a Parcells hater and I stand here now to vent my disdain for what I think is an over hyped windbag so here goes;

Hi My name is Lemonej Iam a Parcells hater(pause)(applause). With my confessing of this hatrid I hope to feel cleanse but I still need to vent.

Bill Parcells had these HOFs in his group plan Belichick, Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. Maybe Ty Law and Jumbo Elliott. George Young acquired his talent at NY and he has only been able to identify one positon in the draft better than everyone else and that is rush LB. LT, Willie McGinest and DeMarcus Ware says he knows this position but his lack of patience for WRs and QBs lead me to believe he doesn't really get this whole thing other than what he brings to the table. He licked out by taking Bledsoe instead of Mirer, he flip-floped between Hofstetler and Sims and then benched Bledsoe for Romo in Dallas. I also think there was a Drew Henson experiment in his past. Why does he remind me of Phil Jackson in the NBA? I believe because he has been on the scene at the right time for success with the help of a budding superstar and some incredible luck.

So thanks for letting me stand before you as a confessed Parcells hater and may the healing begin(Not!).

Glad to be the catalyst!

:dabears

Mad L got me to the podium as a Parcells hater and I stand here now to vent my disdain for what I think is an over hyped windbag so here goes;

Hi My name is Lemonej Iam a Parcells hater(pause)(applause). With my confessing of this hatrid I hope to feel cleanse but I still need to vent.

Bill Parcells had these HOFs in his group plan Belichick, Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. Maybe Ty Law and Jumbo Elliott. George Young acquired his talent at NY and he has only been able to identify one positon in the draft better than everyone else and that is rush LB. LT, Willie McGinest and DeMarcus Ware says he knows this position but his lack of patience for WRs and QBs lead me to believe he doesn't really get this whole thing other than what he brings to the table. He licked out by taking Bledsoe instead of Mirer, he flip-floped between Hofstetler and Sims and then benched Bledsoe for Romo in Dallas. I also think there was a Drew Henson experiment in his past. Why does he remind me of Phil Jackson in the NBA? I believe because he has been on the scene at the right time for success with the help of a budding superstar and some incredible luck.

So thanks for letting me stand before you as a confessed Parcells hater and may the healing begin(Not!).

I would just like to point out something from dallas, as you mention Ware. It is often talked about here how Parcells was never super high on Ware, and it was actually Marcus Spears who he wanted w/ that top pick. Jerry Jones and his son Steven pushed and esentially forced Parcells to take Ware early, and then allowed him to take Spears later. Well, Spears has been nothing to write home about, and we all know about Ware.

Wanted to point this out as Parcells always gets credit for Ware, but Ware was not his pick. He picked him, but only after he was pushed to do so.

Ironically, many of the players who Parcells was highest on never panned out (here in Dallas). Spears was mentioned about, but also:

Bobby Carpenter was his boy all the way, and Carpenter never developed.

Fasano was also (same draft) a player Parcells was all over. No one understood adding Fasano when the team already had Witten, but Parcells simply loved him and had to have him. Nothing special and was traded to Miami, essentially sending him to Parcells.

Spencer was another Parcells boy the following year.

Here in Dallas, the stamp Parcells put on the team is often discussed. One of their top playmakers (Ware) was never a player Parcells was high on. Meanwhile, many (if not most) of the players who were considered his top boys, failed. Then there is the Romo issue, and he really doesn't even get credit there, as most question why it took so long to put Romo into the lineup.

Parcells may still have the reputation, but it sure does seem like that reputation is built on a house of cards, which falls to the ground when more closely examined.