So who joins the team Monday Morning?

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Im at a loss thinking about how sad our WR corp. is. Not one veteran that accomplished anything at the position. I know its beating a dead horse but who gets the ball on 3rd and 7 that you actually have confidence in to catch it? :shakehead

Greg Olsen or Des Calrk...

But in all seriousness, there really is no WR right now that is "that guy".

Hopefully, one will emerge.

Im at a loss thinking about how sad our WR corp. is. Not one veteran that accomplished anything at the position. I know its beating a dead horse but who gets the ball on 3rd and 7 that you actually have confidence in to catch it? :shakehead

Far less concerned about WR than CB. If a decent vet is cut OR is dangled for a trade I bet we're making a move to bring them in.

Lets also keep in mind that the "go-to guy" isn't going to emerge in preseason. They will need to step and show the coaches they can play 1st of all in the pre season.

Lets also keep in mind that the "go-to guy" isn't going to emerge in preseason. They will need to step and show the coaches they can play 1st of all in the pre season.

We already have that go to guy and his name is Olsen and back up Hester. As you can see in the first per-season game how many times Hester was thrown the ball.

AGREED!

While WR is not set, if I am looking at the list of concerns, WR is absolutely not at the top.

OL - Not much to go off at this point, but our protection looked AWFUL. What really concerned me too was how bad starters looked against backups. Omiyale and Williams (among others) played well after Buffalo had benched their starters, and IMHO, our OL just sucked. Shaffer is supposed to be a great backup, but was awful at both LT and RT.

DL - I have not given up, but that game looked no different than past seasons. Anderson was easily blocked as he took way wide angles. Worse, here is a guy we are expecting a lot from, and he played well after starters took a seat, yet could not even beat Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd string OL. Brown and Wale showed little burst. DTs were okay, but little more. W/ our secondary questions, we need our DL to really step up and pressure the QB. If they create pressure like they have the last two years, our defense may again suck.

DB - So Vasher and Tillman are supposed to be our starters. Tillman is hurt and will continue to miss (Likely) the rest of preseason. Vasher has stunk up camp and looks like he has been demoted. Bowman was tearing it up, but as was the knock on him in the draft, he just can't stay healthy. Graham was good/decent for us last year, but the staff doesn't seem to have a clue where they want to play him. McBride seems like he is about to be cut one day and playing gret the next. Moore was a highly touted rookie, but to be honest, I have heard very little about him in camp. If we can create a solid pass rush, this group may still be okay, but if this group is combined w/ a weak pass rush....

Coaching - I put coaching next, even before concern of WR. I do not want to make too big of a deal about one preseason game, but the issue I have is so many "issues" were carry over from the last two years. Throughout camp we have read about how we have been practicing w/ our CBs pressing, and yet we get into a game and they are 10 yards off the LOS. Anyone notice what Urlacher was doing? Fake blitzing then trying to run back into position, which he failed to do, and easy slant passes were completed right in front of him. DEs were taking wide angles and easily blocked. No pass rush. These were "issues" that were blamed on Babich, but the idea was things would change under Lovie, and yet after one game, all I saw was more of the same.

WR is far from set, and I am not saying it isn't a concern. At the same time, at best, it would rank 5th on my list of concerns.

Far less concerned about WR than CB. If a decent vet is cut OR is dangled for a trade I bet we're making a move to bring them in.

Please watch the game tape vs. the Giants