got to love it

Wesson44

Rex has the arm strength and experience to settle in as a backup QB in this league for years. At some point he may even end up a starter way down the road and play well. We've seen this happen before with other QBs...Doug Flutie comes to mind for one.

He is in a good situation there with Houston because that have very talented WR's and there starting QB has problems with staying healthy. I bet that Grossman becomes a starter for at least 1 year this year because of an injury to schaub.

Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rex has always been capable of good games. It's going 16 games without multiple meltdowns that he was never able to do. It's tough being QB because you can have restraint for 27 out of 30 plays in a game but if on those other 3 plays you throw off your back foot to a receiver who's well covered, you're still a loser. When he wasn't injured, that was Rex. Fans/Chitown media shot themselves in the foot by making his psych-out problems worse, but that's what fans do these days.

Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rex has always been capable of good games. It's going 16 games without multiple meltdowns that he was never able to do. It's tough being QB because you can have restraint for 27 out of 30 plays in a game but if on those other 3 plays you throw off your back foot to a receiver who's well covered, you're still a loser. When he wasn't injured, that was Rex. Fans/Chitown media shot themselves in the foot by making his psych-out problems worse, but that's what fans do these days.

Yeah, Rex is still going to have those problems. The main reason that I could see him being better on the Texans is the quality of his receivers. It's one thing to stare down a double-covered Bernard Berrian or Marty Booker, it's something else entirely to do that with Andre Johnson or Owen Daniels. Those guys can make catches in traffic, which our receivers could never do when Rex was here. I'm not saying that Rex isn't bad (god knows he is,) just that I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Texans' receivers camouflaged a lot of his shortcomings. He can have a Rex game and throw one up for grabs, and Andre Johnson just might bail him out.

Man I hope Rex can cut down on the mistakes and make something of this. He's the #2 QB and there's a chance Schaub might not even play this week.

I can't believe Rex is 29 already. Sheesh.

Dan Orvlowsky? What the hell was Houston thinking??? Seriously.

I had the same thinking about Houston and Dan Orvlowsky......why?